cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

Reviews for Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast Collector's Edition

[Post New]by cll1950 on Sep 18, 11 12:38 AM
I hope this gets used for reviews and not download issues. Thanks all. Have on!

Edited on 09/18/2011 at 2:35:19 AM PST

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

Re:Reviews for Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast Collector's Edition

[Post New]by TeamSD on Sep 18, 11 12:41 AM
I own all SE of Mystery Legends, I liked it but not enough for CE!

For this one? I loved it, loved it so much.... Graphics are crystal clear and absolutely beautiful. Animations are one of the best as long as the music! Story is so charming, voice overs are also really great, some characters are also very cute Puzzles are unique and fun, well balance of HOG and puzzles.

The only thing I want to complain is that the clicking penalty which is the purple splash is really annoying! Also the strategy guide is just like Princess Isabella 2 CE, not really helpful and hard to read!

Bought it right away, this is a MUST HAVE!!!

Grades:

Graphics: A*
Story: A*
Music: A
Puzzles: A*
HOG Scenes: B
Fun: A*
Gameplay: A*
Overall: A*

My grades can be as high as A* or as low as F!

Edited on 09/18/2011 at 3:05:18 AM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Sep 18, 11 12:50 AM
edit: after finishing it.

I loved it.
Phantom of opera was one of my all time favourites this I loved as well but I couldn't compare them as they are such different games (still think opera has the edge). I love the graphics, and I don't say that a lot. I usually turn of the music quickly but this I find relaxing.

It truly has the look and feel of a fairy tale book, not too cutsey with some mild scare factor. I love the comments when you click on things. It has voiceovers. It has 3 settings, I am playing on the hardest and there still is some sparkles for hidden object and puzzle area.
The strategy guide seems to only give you a guide if you uncover an objective. Not a walkthrough, chapter by chapter. I liked it sometimes when there was specfic area I needed help with, it just gave me a hint. But sometimes my 'item' wasn't on the list and I had to dig through other hints giving me spoilers, so they may as well have done a walkthrough.
It does have a map, but so far it wasn't interactive but has markers in the areas that things are still to be done in.

I just love the look, feel, story and so far it's an A and you know me I don't give "A" out often. I would give it a A++, if it had an interactive map, no sparkles and some morphs.

edit- Loved the game, loved the enchantess, voice on leprachaun slightly annoying.
But the sparkles on the puzzles and the H O scenes was annoying as I was playing on the hardest setting.
I like maps that give you hints were interactive areas are.
main game - 5hrs SE players will be satisfied with ending
bonus game - 45mins And I didn't really like the mini game, nice story but short.
I don't regret buying the CE as I loved the game, but bonus wise it wasn't worth it, and the Strategy guide wasn't that helpful in some places.

Edited on 09/19/2011 at 12:50:12 AM PST

carolina67
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by carolina67 on Sep 18, 11 12:52 AM
Because of the problems yesterday about the games cutting off after a few minutes of play, I'm just curious which version of the game manager you all are using. It appears you aren't having any problems playing it.

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Sep 18, 11 12:56 AM
I tried it, I liked it, and I bought it before I even finished the demo!
I have their Phantom CE and loved that one too, so I was hoping this would be as good. The purple splash did startle me, but at least it isn't a cursor spinning around, or blasting into little bits, lol.

Now if I can juuuuust leave it alone long enough to finish my assignment, lol

Jen

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Sep 18, 11 1:05 AM
Hi Carolina

I am using the current 'much maligned' GM So far, I haven't had too much trouble in downloading games (and demos), but it is slow to close, so I am tending to open and close the games from their icons on my desktop.

It would be nicer if it was quite a bit smaller and didn't have all those suggestions for games I usually never play, sigh.

Jen

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Sep 18, 11 1:17 AM

I'm using the BFG updated GM - have had no technical problems with it at all - I've also had no complaints about it - it works fine.

Also, no technical problems with this game.

This game has got fairy tale music, fairy tale characters and fairy tale graphics.

I feel all sweetened and sugary after playing this and so I'm off now to find Snow White in her clearing surrounded by soft little creatures with big eyes.

Seriously, too much with the cuteness. Not a buy for me.

Edited on 09/18/2011 at 1:18:18 AM PST

Paristan
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Paristan on Sep 18, 11 2:11 AM
Hurray
A fun fairytale game again. I am totally over dead, horrible, gruesome, grotesque etc. Enough of that already in the world.
So thanks for a lovely escapist game again!

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 18, 11 2:41 AM
Thanks cll1950 for starting this thread. I've gone ahead and stickied it for you!

Hey Fishies! What do you think of Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your thoughts about the game in this thread! You can also add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game so other players can get more out of your review!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

happyasaclam
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by happyasaclam on Sep 18, 11 2:51 AM
hi fishes just want you to know this is a super game goes to wide/fullscreen right on the get go there are 3 modes of play voice overs are super theart work is wow andvery clear i played 5 mins then off to buy it as misslisa would say this one is fine swine well worth ce price more later off to play have fun fishes

swissraven
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by swissraven on Sep 18, 11 2:56 AM
This is a super fairy tale game with top class graphics, great story, excellent mini games.
It goes full screen without a problem.
I loved Phantom of the Opera, this game is of the same high quality, it's a definite buy for me.

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Sep 18, 11 3:04 AM
Great game!! Love the graphics and the first few puzzles I have met.
First time for me to ever buy a CE after just a few minutes play. Have upgraded a couple of SE's before and also bought a few in the CE sale the other week. But just cannot wait for this one to come out as an SE. So glad of the extra punches this weekend as I need not feel guilty about it.
Only downside - it was along download and looks like another long one to get the full version.

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Sep 18, 11 3:11 AM
After the ridiculously long download, almost 2 hrs, I played the demo and finished it with 15 mins to spare which I still hate. (Why are all developers doing that now? Cheating you out of time?) Well, anyway, I thought this game was okay. Unlike the other reviews, I don't know what it was , I guess a combination of the gameplay, the characters, the cutesy fairy who kept disappearing, that awful purple flash ,etc. The minigames were okay but not great and so were the ****'s. All that waiting was not worth it. I would rate it a 6 out of 10.
PS I'm sorry to include the time of the download into my review of the game, but I think it plays a part in the review.

Edited on 09/18/2011 at 3:14:25 AM PST

keeliesnanna
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by keeliesnanna on Sep 18, 11 3:27 AM
This game is brilliant yes its a fairy tale game, but after all the dark games we have had at late (which i have enjoyed), this has been a welcome change.
The graphics are crisp and colorful
The storyline rescue handsome prince/beast
The music (which i usually turn right down i must admit) is enjoyable and is fitting to the game
The HOG scenes are bright and clear no hiding object to make them look like something else
The only downside was the D/L time (and ive got to go through it again as ive just bought it )
I would rate this game 9/10 (it would have been 10 but for the D/L time)
im off to enjoy

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Sep 18, 11 3:27 AM
Play Pond is known by it's quality games and crisp graphics! Play Pond!!!

I looove fairy tales, and I am so sorry that this time I hesitate to buy, still on the fence...

Why?

Because there is big difference between Phantom of the Opera and this game. The Phantom was mainly HOG Interactive game - this game is mainly Adventure game, with a few HOGs only to satisfy my HOG hunger.

In 41 minutes of play I met only 2 (???) HOG screens.

Two HOG screens in almost an hour don't make this game HOG Adventure - but pure Adventure, with HOG movements.

It's not quite my cup of tea. Happy gaming Adventurers...

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 18, 11 3:39 AM
Oh my gawd, oh my gawd, oh my gawd!! And I have foresworn CEs ! !

But... oh, my gawd... this is such a beautiful game (and so much nicer, I think, than "Phantom of the Opera).

I just love this game - played for an hour and still haven´t finished the trial version. And looking at the map, lots of areas to explore.

Lovely graphics, lovely gameplay, nice puzzles, cute doggie...

It`s a buy for me.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 18, 11 3:46 AM
This is a really good ihog with great graphic, great gameplay and storyline. Its on the same quality as the previous Mystery Legends games, its maybe ever better. For me its a definete buy as the cE

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Sep 18, 11 3:58 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:Play Pond is known by it's quality games and crisp graphics! Play Pond!!!

I looove fairy tales, and I am so sorry that this time I hesitate to buy, still on the fence...

Why?

Because there is big difference between Phantom of the Opera and this game. The Phantom was mainly HOG Interactive game - this game is mainly Adventure game, with a few HOGs only to satisfy my HOG hunger.

In 41 minutes of play I met only 2 (???) HOG screens.

Two HOG screens in almost an hour don't make this game HOG Adventure - but pure Adventure, with HOG movements.

It's not quite my cup of tea. Happy gaming Adventurers...

I agree - couldn't have put it better myself! LOVED Phantom and this game is gorgeous, but I think I'll wait for a DD or at the very least the SE. It's also a bit cutesy for me - that leprechaun was irritating! Enjoy fellow fishies!!

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 18, 11 4:01 AM
This game is beautiful! Great graphics, puzzles are nice. It's more a adventure. But I like that.

And I love that robotdoggy.

Happy gaming!

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Sep 18, 11 4:02 AM
FINALLY! The first time in a long time, that there is a game that could be worth the title and price of a CE!
Graphics are beautifully clear, gameplay is smooth and the girls voice does not grate on ones nerves! LOL!
Despite the sparkles, you will need to cover all of the screen with your mouse to find items, outside of the H0 scenes.
I did not notice a click penalty but then I do not click very fast anyway. So apologies if I am wrong about this.
Well worth trying the demo of this one. Looks like a long one if the map is anything to go by.
Have fun all.

Go to: