LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

Mystery Ledgends: Beauty and the Beast Collector's Edition Technical Problems!

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Sep 18, 11 1:41 AM
Once again another game I cannot play do to crashing problems from this weekends problems. It looks like a great game and I would love to try it. For two days now I cannot play games. The game crash's on start up. I, and many other's are having this problem with no resolution so far. But they tell us on the tech thread, it's being worked on. But I think we deserve a more timely resolution since we are paying membership fee's. I have never complained about BF or games before. So, this is a first for me, but what a big problem so many of us are having.

But if the problem ever get's fixed, I look forward to trying this game. I enjoy the series and this one look's like a beauty.

For those of you that have no problems Enjoy, and for those of us who do, (Your Not Alone) in your frustration and disapointment. We just got a big bowl of frustration and disapointment to eat this weekend. lol

your fellow fishie,
LovetoMissLisa

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

Re:Mystery Ledgends: Beauty and the Beast Collector's Edition Technical Problems!

[Post New]by CasualGran on Sep 18, 11 1:59 AM
Yes, frustration here too. I've BOUGHT this CE and unseen because I like the Mystery Legends series, but the game just won't download normally. With yesterday's SE the same mysery. Started and deleted 4 (!!!) times before the download succeeded. Now, today, it looks like I'll have to go through this ordeal again and it makes me sooo bored with BF's services nowadays.

Rumour: I've read somewhere that it could be caused by the program BF uses as to prevent game-hacking. Well, if that is the case: the hacking is as it always was, the games released here can be downloaded for free in no time elsewhere. SO.. this measure is completely unnecessary and only bothers the paying customers! How dumn can you get?

Anyway, I've BOUGHT this CE, but likely I won't be playing it for the time being, thanks to the superslow download.

Big Fish is not Big Fun anymore. Oh no.

CasualGran

carolina67
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

Re:Mystery Ledgends: Beauty and the Beast Collector's Edition Technical Problems!

[Post New]by carolina67 on Sep 18, 11 2:30 AM
Well, here's another frustration. Not only is the download slow, but the problem from yesterday persists. After playing the game for a few minutes, it suddenly cuts off and takes you back to game manager screen. No error msg or anything. Just cuts off. This is more than irritating. I have downloaded 3 games in the last 24 hours and each one has been doing this. On the other hand, the active games that I am playing and that were downloaded previously, are ok. This is beyond weird.

Is BF aware of this problem? There were scads of people having it with yesterday's game. If they are aware, is it possible for them to let us know so we know something is being done about it?

[Post New]by memomz1 on Sep 18, 11 3:32 AM
Same problems here! The game loops back to the start menu over and over again before the introduction is over. Yesterday's game, same problem. No play, no pay!

robinbucy
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by robinbucy on Sep 18, 11 4:16 AM
I am downloading now, so cross your fins for me. If the game is giving me problems I have been bypassing the game manager completely by going directly to the program files. I know BF lists how to do this somewhere. I run it as an administrator, and often have to change the compatibility to XP service pack 3 or Vista service pack 2. I have a Windows 7 64 bit system. I've been doing this for games that don't open right since they updated the GM last time. Not sure if it's the 64 bit that's the problem or what, but I rarely had a problem on my old XP computer. I still miss it

Cool! I'm a squid now!!

Edited on 09/18/2011 at 4:17:06 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Sep 18, 11 4:28 AM
Congratulations robinbucy on your morph.
Hi CasualGran, if as you say it is to prevent illegal copies being made, then that is an interesting rumour.
Thank you for that.

grammyapples
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by grammyapples on Sep 18, 11 7:47 AM
Same problem as yesterday, trying to play game.
Today's Beauty and the Beast does not open to play!
I had the same thing happen yesterday with Urban Legends.
Is there a fix for either of these games?

DKGuild
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by DKGuild on Sep 18, 11 7:51 AM
EXACT same problems as carolina67. Is there a solution? Downloading not so much a problem, but all new games refuse to play. Anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds in, and bam back to game manager. Games already in progress play fine. Guess I'm going to be saving scads of money since games won't play. Any suggestions on new hobbies?

grammyapples
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by grammyapples on Sep 18, 11 8:10 AM
Once again I can not play.
Same thing happened yesterday with Urban Legends!
When I click Play in GM I get a black screen ofr a second and then back to GM.
Are there any fixes yet?
No taking advantage of great weekend deals if the games don't even open!

Edit: Sorry for double post.

Edited on 09/18/2011 at 8:11:55 AM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Sep 18, 11 8:19 AM
I can't play any of my games and that include's game's I've paid for and owned for 2 yrs. Now how does this happen. Still no fix. I can't play any new game, trial games or my purchased games. No games at all. I'm so frustrated and I've tried everything. But to no avail. Hope it gets fixed soon.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Sep 18, 11 8:47 AM
I'm having same problem also as yesterday. As some one else said we will most likely have to wait until Monday for the problem to be fixed. I don't know who to be upset with. McAfee says its a Big Fish problem. Big Fish says its a McAfee problem.
No surprise there. Well back to Mortimer Beckett and the Crimson Thief, having no problem with that game. Great game.

[Post New]by memomz1 on Sep 18, 11 8:51 AM
After fussing with the BF game (uninstall, reinstall both the game and BF manager, etc. and still game will not play), I downloaded it from PlayPond and no problems!

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Sep 18, 11 8:53 AM
LovetoMissLisa wrote:Once again another game I cannot play do to crashing problems from this weekends problems. It looks like a great game and I would love to try it. For two days now I cannot play games. The game crash's on start up. I, and many other's are having this problem with no resolution so far. But they tell us on the tech thread, it's being worked on. But I think we deserve a more timely resolution since we are paying membership fee's. I have never complained about BF or games before. So, this is a first for me, but what a big problem so many of us are having.

But if the problem ever get's fixed, I look forward to trying this game. I enjoy the series and this one look's like a beauty.

For those of you that have no problems Enjoy, and for those of us who do, (Your Not Alone) in your frustration and disapointment. We just got a big bowl of frustration and disapointment to eat this weekend. lol
your fellow fishie,
LovetoMissLisa

Maybe if we add some chocolate to that bowl, we will all be able to swallow it better. Right now I'm having indigestion. LOL

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on Sep 18, 11 9:15 AM
I have a suggestion....since this all started with the new GM, why not set up a program and issue the old GM as if it were new? Just set it up that someone downloads a game, they automatically get the old GM. I'd rather be forced to download the old GM like I was the new one. Just a thought. Since it has rained ALL weekend, I sure would like a game to play and get an extra punch. Oh well.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Sep 18, 11 9:38 AM
mhatfie wrote:
LovetoMissLisa wrote:Once again another game I cannot play do to crashing problems from this weekends problems. It looks like a great game and I would love to try it. For two days now I cannot play games. The game crash's on start up. I, and many other's are having this problem with no resolution so far. But they tell us on the tech thread, it's being worked on. But I think we deserve a more timely resolution since we are paying membership fee's. I have never complained about BF or games before. So, this is a first for me, but what a big problem so many of us are having.

your fellow fishie,
LovetoMissLisa

Maybe if we add some chocolate to that bowl, we will all be able to swallow it better. Right now I'm having indigestion. LOL

LOL Mhatfie, I needed a good laugh to stop my crying. I love me some chocolate but with frustration and disapointment it's a little bitter. lol

BOREDAND50
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by BOREDAND50 on Sep 18, 11 10:12 AM
Well it's good to know I'm not the only one experiencing these problems..........Hope they resolve it soon!

[Post New]by ducvav on Sep 18, 11 10:32 AM
I have downloaded 7 games to date this weekend and all crash on start up some i can get to start the first screen some i cane even start when are theses issues going to be sorted i have looked at my purchase history and i have purchased in excess of 200 games we deserve a better service than this

fancycjd
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by fancycjd on Sep 23, 11 2:00 PM
BG told me it has something with McAfee, finally got it resolved but I still cannot get Beauty and the Beast to download.

[Post New]by lostinthewoods on Sep 24, 11 5:31 PM
I am having the problem where it goes back to the intro. page. Seems as though all the collector games have tech problems, they need to hire some competent people.

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Sep 24, 11 7:48 PM
fancycjd, the issue with McAfee only occurs after you launch the game. If you are having issues download it at all, that's something different.

lostinthewoods, are you saying it doesn't save your game progress?

There's a Technical Issues thread just a few posts up, where you both might find some suggestions, but I think Customer Support could help you out more directly if you contact them

Go to: