Luvslots
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Can no longer play Heroes of Hellas

[Post New]by Luvslots on Sep 18, 11 1:54 AM
Hi, I have owned this game since 11/2007 and played it numerous times with no problems. However when I reinstalled it on 9/7/2011, it froze or would not open. I uninstalled/reinstalled several times. If I restart my computer, I can play a couple of levels but then it freezes up again. I did contact both BFG customer support and the developer of this game. I was given trouble shooting tips by both but nothing helped. I am wondering if any of you out there experienced a similar problem. Both customer support folks thought it might be a recent software down load that is affecting the game but I checked and there is nothing downloaded in the time frame involved. The last time I played it with no problems was in August, 2011 and no software was downloaded from then until 9/7/2011 when I started having all of these problems. Thanks for any help.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Can no longer play Heroes of Hellas

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 18, 11 1:56 AM
I can play a couple of levels but then it freezes up again.
Do you have McAfee antivirus software? That's today's problem.

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Sep 18, 11 2:05 AM
Hmmm...Mr. Russ, why do you say it's McAfee? I've never had McAfee interfere with games.

And games via other sites work just fine. So if it were McAfee, it would affect other games.

But when I try to play a BFG game, whether new or old, it shuts down right away.

Please share any information you may have!

[Post New]by jangona on Jun 6, 12 11:35 AM
I do not have McAffee, and have been using the game for about 10 days now, without any problems.

Today, i am in level 7-8, and it has seized up several times when i try to use one of the heroes.

Go to: