Here We Go Again

carolina67
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

Here We Go Again

[Post New]by carolina67 on Sep 18, 11 2:24 AM
I can't believe this! Just like yesterday's downloaded games, I got into this game and after a few minutes it stopped playing and took me back to the GM. No error msg, no nothing. Just stopped playing. What is going on???

Staril
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

Re:Here We Go Again

[Post New]by Staril on Sep 18, 11 2:32 AM
Same here ... and I was really looking forward to this one

Staril
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by Staril on Sep 18, 11 2:40 AM
I just checked the techincal forum and this is caused by something in McAfee virus checker ... which I have. I also tried an older game and it stopped too. BF say they are working on it ... but it really doesn't seem to have been their fault.

carolina67
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by carolina67 on Sep 18, 11 2:45 AM
I'm running McAfee too, but it's never been a problem before. Wonder what has changed? Anyone know how to turn off McAfee and see if that stops it?

carolina67
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by carolina67 on Sep 18, 11 3:21 AM
Ok, I went over to McAfee's tech support site and had one of their reps take over my computer and see if the problem was with McAfee. He ran the games that cut off, shut down McAfee and they still closed down. So, it is NOT a McAfee problem. He told me that in his opinion it was a problem with the BFG's software. So back to square 1.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Sep 18, 11 3:42 AM
Carolina, I am so sorry that you and many other fishies pass these troubles...

I played the trial with the same yesterdays' parameters: W7, 32 bit Home Edition -

resolution - 1600-1200
display - medium
ATI graphic card

...and Avast virus checker.

No problem at all - the Avast can run with any game (I never close it), and shouts loud when it feels a "danger" (lol, it interrupted just now with an update)

Seems to me that the new GM causes all the trouble (may be it doesn't compromise with McAfee). I hope they will solve the problem soon (they always do).

same problems

[Post New]by luvscandles on Sep 18, 11 4:02 AM
Yep, the same problems as yesterday trying to play Urban Legends: The Maze....20 seconds into the game and it's gone. Will judst have to check from time to time to see if these games are playable. Downloading no problem ~ playing, no game! This sucks

[Post New]by val1066 on Sep 18, 11 5:26 AM
Having the same problem = both Urban Legend yesterday and Beauty and the Beast today. Real shame I love playing new games on Sunday pm - and B and B looked really great. Be nice if they said something about progress!

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Sep 18, 11 5:48 AM
when I was playing the demo my game froze so I rebooted computer and went back in the game and I got to play all the Demo. what a wonderful fun game Music is awesome and so is the voice's, Graphic's are beautiful, Thx Dev's and BF, This game is a keeper..But sorry to say I will have to wait unit it is a SE..Happy hunting fishes..

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Sep 18, 11 6:43 AM
I'm running McAfee and not having any problems with the game, so I'm sure its NOT a McAfee problem. I have the subscription service that gets updated constantly.

Sinsaint
Clownfish
Clownfish
635 Posts

[Post New]by Sinsaint on Sep 18, 11 6:49 AM
I'm running McAfee and not having any problems either.

[Post New]by waypissedoff on Sep 18, 11 7:52 AM
same here it is getting disgusting i am running mcafee also but the last couple of games i have tries to play have very much messes up what is going on big fish please look for a solution to the problem it all started with the new gm

carolina67
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by carolina67 on Sep 18, 11 8:07 AM
What version(s) of McAfee are you all running? Maybe that makes a difference. I'm running the McAfee Security Scan Plus. And all my games that are downloaded or re-downloaded today or yesterday are crashing.

kimcol
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by kimcol on Sep 18, 11 8:14 AM
I didn't experience any problems with this game, unlike Urban Legends, which keeps freezing my computer. I really enjoyed the demo of this game, and intend to purchase it.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Sep 18, 11 8:34 AM
Ditto for me, same problem with this game as Urban Legends. This is very frustrating to say the least.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Sep 18, 11 10:08 AM
textrekkie wrote:I'm running McAfee and not having any problems with the game, so I'm sure its NOT a McAfee problem. I have the subscription service that gets updated constantly.

I have the same subscriptoin service, but am having same problems as others and have never had problems before. I'm thinking it is a Win 7 and McAfee problem. Hopefully by this week, things will get resolved. I have tremendous faith in Big Fish.

sandell14
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by sandell14 on Sep 18, 11 11:55 AM
I have the McAfee subscription service too, and Vista, and I am having these problems too with yesterday's and today's games. Let's hope they sort it soon.

Cindy6933
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Cindy6933 on Sep 18, 11 12:39 PM
Are these games tested before being released? I am having the same issue as everyone else. Will get in 1-2 minutes and then thrown back out to the Game Manager. This happened 3 times! I have a new(er) computer that is extremely powerful and usually do not have this issue. Is there a fix that will be released?

kristi9
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by kristi9 on Sep 18, 11 12:43 PM
Am having the same problem as everyone else, I have the MacAffe subscription service also and running Windows XP. This is very aggravating and of course this situation is happening when they have an awesome special going on. Hope when they get this fixed they will have this type of sale again.

pilimai729
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by pilimai729 on Sep 18, 11 1:08 PM
All those who reported the problem will have received e-mails by now witha follow up on the possible problem. go to forums home and check out the technical talk one. Sincea similar problem happened a few years ago and this weekends problems for a vast majority of people seemed to have happened shortly after an update, I believe it's possibly the culprit. Since I'm neither a techie nor do I work for bfg, I won't say more Please do either of the things I suggested, and know that bfg will take care of us. It may take acouple of days, but pitch in and do what you can to help within the parameters that bfg is asking of us.

And apparantly the version matter

Go to: