bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

Help with pressure gauge!!

[Post New]by bratzgram on Sep 18, 11 5:05 AM
Am I just really dense this morning? I have tried everything I can think of and can not make that gauge needle move to clear the smoke in that cottage. Anyone have a clue for me?

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

Re:Help with pressure gauge!!

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Sep 18, 11 5:12 AM
You may need to go back and look carefully for something to click on which will add a clue to your journal. Then you should be able to get it once you have the notation.

Highlight below for spoiler:
Click on the last line of the gauge (going clockwise all the way to the end) and then click on the far left button above the gauge. Click on the second from the left line on the gauge and then click on the second button. Click on the fourth from the left line and then click on the far right button above the gauge.
You should then be able to access the cottage.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Sep 18, 11 5:34 AM
Thank You Lady_Cav! After your post I felt rather stupid. I just wasn't seeing the answer and it was actually very easy.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Sep 18, 11 7:45 AM
You're welcome, bratzgram. Glad you got it and hope you enjoy the rest of the game.

[Post New]by sarahs_mum on Sep 18, 11 8:40 AM
And I may be being even denser! Are we talking about the same smoke here becasue ... The smoke in the cottage cleared by opening the window. I have the gauge needle and a note in the jounal saying how to use it but ... where is the guage itself and how do I use it?

I'm also not sure how to get the 6th tile which I'm guessing is in the little stream.

So that's my fishy little equival;ent of a squeal for help (and I'm not even through the dem0 yet)

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Sep 18, 11 9:03 AM
No, sarahs_mum, that cottage is further past the original cottage. You have to go out the back door and through the garden, through the woods, and then there is a smithy (?) cottage near some large gates that lead you into a town. The gauge you will use there. For the stream, you will need a sieve, but you won't get that till a bit later, I believe.

lanzakaren
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by lanzakaren on Sep 19, 11 6:39 AM
i still cant get the pressure gauge to work and have the clue and the needle HELP please

[Post New]by Im_Tink on Sep 19, 11 7:17 AM
Am having the same probs w/ the pressure gauge. Have the notation, followed instructions... Zip

[Post New]by Im_Tink on Sep 19, 11 7:21 AM
OK, I got it. What I interpreted as the "6 o'clock" position is actually the 8 position. Then follow LadyCav's info.

lanzakaren
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by lanzakaren on Sep 19, 11 8:29 AM
still stuck

pecabo1338
Clownfish
Clownfish
549 Posts

[Post New]by pecabo1338 on Sep 19, 11 1:12 PM
There is a picture of the blacksmith gauge in you journal. The solution is in that picture. You have to go back a few pages to find it.

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Sep 19, 11 2:52 PM
It sounds like a couple of others made the same mistake I did here. For some reason, I had a tilted image of the gauge in my mind - whether it was just something I imagined, or whether the image in the notebook and the one in the puzzle WERE rotated differently.

If you still can't work it out, highlight below for the exact steps
------------------------------
Move arrow to 40, press button on left
Move arrow to 10, press button in middle
Move arrow to 20, press button on right

------------------------------

lanzakaren
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by lanzakaren on Sep 20, 11 1:36 AM