CANT FIND LICHEN

[Post New]by dragonfly9292 on Jan 7, 09 3:15 PM
I have looked hi and low= by the arch on rocks did I use it for something else? Can I start fire at kiln with something else besides lichen. Thanks so much for your help

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:CANT FIND LICHEN

[Post New]by prpldva on Jan 7, 09 3:29 PM
There is a fungus on the path up the hill near the fallen logs that first block your path in the beginning of the game.

[Post New]by dragonfly9292 on Jan 8, 09 11:20 PM
Well I finally got it after restarting the game. I must have used it for something else. Thanks for your help

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jan 9, 09 5:36 AM
dragonfly9292 wrote:Well I finally got it after restarting the game. I must have used it for something else. Thanks for your help

You're very welcome! Have fun with the game.

shindy77
Herring
Herring
319 Posts

[Post New]by shindy77 on Jan 11, 09 1:23 AM
I can't find the lichen either. I think I used the amadou fungus to light the first fire. Now I have nothing to use as a fire-starter. This game is SO frustrating! I've already had to restart once because I couldn't find something or used it in a way that prevented me from having it available later. Arrrrgh!

shindy77
Herring
Herring
319 Posts

[Post New]by shindy77 on Jan 11, 09 2:02 AM
Nevermind, I finally found the lichen (by the way, the Gameboomers walkthrough doesn't tell you where it is).

The lichen is on the rocks on the righthand side when you first go through the stone arch, but before you enter the area where the palm trees are.

(Big sigh of relief). Now I can move on!

shindy77
Herring
Herring
319 Posts

[Post New]by shindy77 on Jan 11, 09 2:04 AM
If you already used the lichen to start your first fire, you can use the amadou fungus as the firestarter for the kiln. You can find the amadou on one of the tree trunks on the screen where you had to remove the downed trees (after restoring her strength) in order to pass through up to the top of the hill away from the beach.

Go to: