Ravenhearst 2 Too hard?

Ravenhearst 2 Too hard?

[Post New]by GeorgeXXIII on Jan 7, 09 4:43 PM
I thought it was stupidly hard compared to the other MCF games. It was like a Mensa challenge when I'd been used to and liked clicking on butterflies and things. Beautiful pictures, easy puzzles. Not this crap.

Snugs76
Marlin
Marlin
9,854 Posts

Re:Ravenhearst 2 Too hard?

[Post New]by Snugs76 on Jan 7, 09 4:47 PM
George they simply took the series to a new level. If you go to the big fish blog (access it bf home page.. scroll down under where the featured game is there is a link that says big fish blog) they talk about how they developed RTR.

I can see your point about how RTR has changed dramatically from previous mcf games. I found myself running to the official forum many times for help to get through the game.

shadowdiana
Shark
Shark
14,943 Posts

[Post New]by shadowdiana on Jan 7, 09 4:49 PM
It was very different from the first 4 MCF games, true.
I, too thought it difficult..but when I looked back, it would have been a lot easier if I had paid more attention and not be in such hurry to finish.

...I am starting to think the slow hint meter was a good thing

shadowdiana
Shark
Shark
14,943 Posts

[Post New]by shadowdiana on Jan 7, 09 4:50 PM
My goodness!!! I NEVER thought I would say that

1_of_5
Marlin
Marlin
8,238 Posts

[Post New]by 1_of_5 on Jan 7, 09 5:44 PM
All I can say is thatnk god for a walkthrough and hubby/kids. Otherwise I would never have been able to finish it.

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Jan 7, 09 5:53 PM
I came to the forums a few times for help with a couple of the mini games. I didn't think it was too hard though, I loved it!

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

[Post New]by GeeBee on Jan 7, 09 6:04 PM
I played it through the first time getting help from the Game Forum. I loved play this game even though it was so different and there is a couple things I'm not crazy about.

Then when daughter was here for Christmas vacation we set up her laptop next to my comp and we played it together - side by side! Of course, the hidden objects were different, but everything else was the same and we stayed on the same page. That was a fun way to play it too!!

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Jan 7, 09 7:26 PM
We're all good a different things, and different types of games. Just because you didn't enjoy this doesn't mean it was generally too hard. I loved it, but I did check out the riddle for each section that was posted by BFG (since they're clues) and I had to use LizzieK's picture of the telephone lights connection. Other than that, it just required logic and perserverance.

I purchased Dracula Origin and I didn't understand what was going on or what I was supposed to do. Even when I read the tips from other users, I didn't understand why/how that answer worked. I don't consider it to be "too hard" -- it's just that my mind doesn't seem to work in the way that's needed to do that kind of game.

Rose427
Stingray
Stingray
4,519 Posts

[Post New]by Rose427 on Jan 7, 09 9:17 PM
This was close to an Adventure game which I really liked, so I didn't find it too hard, but a couple of times I went to a walkthrough, mainly for the puzzles...

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Jan 7, 09 9:29 PM
NOT too hard!!! My favorite game of all time was "Riven". Now THAT was a hard game, LOL!! I love adventure games with fiendish puzzles, and RTR didn't disappoint.

I did skip a couple of puzzles so I could get through faster and see how it ended... BUT! That just gives me a good reason to go play it again and do the ones I skipped. And I loved the telephone puzzle and solved it fairly quickly!

The one that disappointed me was Sleepy Hollow. Scenes were dark and stuff hard to find. Sort of had the feel of Madame Fate, but the mini-games were too easy. I think I will never really like a purely HO again. Spoiled, I am, LOL.

[Post New]by Anglerose1960 on Jan 8, 09 11:20 PM
the first time I played this I had to keep going back to the strategy guide but the second and third time I enjoyed it much more.
The first time I got in a hurry to finish, but going back through it i understood what I needed to do and now I really enjoy it alot. It maybe a matter of going much slower and looking for the clues that are hidden within the different parts of the game. Overall the phone puzzle just about drove me crazy and there was no skipping it either. Not at all too hard, I think its just right. Hope they make more of this type soon.

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Jan 9, 09 1:24 AM
No, it wasn`t too hard, it was a challenge and I love a challenge - admittedly I had to come back to this forum for help a couple of times especially for the phone puzzle, but generally RTR is one of the best games there is here at BFG and I really enjoyed it.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jan 9, 09 5:52 AM
I thought it was PERFECT! Just hard enough to be a little challanging, but not so difficult you are cussing at the screen! LOL I do like my games challenging, like the Myst series, but also realy enjoy the lighter, HO games. Bringing the adventure and puzzle aspect into the game was just brilliant..

[Post New]by orlandomiki on Jan 9, 09 8:38 AM
George I so totally agree with you...I didn't even make it through the demo before I threw it in the trash can....I am a big fan of MCF and have all of them except this one...It just gave me a headache....I am glad everyone else enjoyed it but just not for me and now I find someone else who feels the same....

[Post New]by LyndaLynLou on Jan 10, 09 4:51 PM
Yeah it was hard, at least for me. I used all the cheats I could like the walk through and Lizzie's pictures but I'm still having a hard time. It's the puzzles I am not good at, never have been. I have had 3 strokes so I guess my cognitive skills are impaired or is it just old age ? lol.... Couldn't get through the original but since I have bought it I will try to get through this one (maybe ????) and then go back and do the original one. Thanks all for your help in these forums. If I didn't have help on these games I would just be a screaming meamie. Take care all you fishies out there.

Edited on 01/10/2009 at 4:53:12 PM PST

LOR4444
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by LOR4444 on Jan 11, 09 10:14 AM
To me this is the most challenging game I have ever played. I have mostly been doing "seek and find"games....then
got so bored. This game keeps you on your toes.....makes you THINK.....but....if I didn't have help from the forums I could never get through it. Hopefully there will be other games like this one!

[Post New]by chhicks on Jan 12, 09 5:17 PM
This game was the best one yet and I just hope other HO games take note though I have to say a big THANK YOU to all the guys an gals on this forum as without you I wouldn't have gotten through the first few bits but once you got the gist much easier to take the time to figure stuff out. All I have to add is keep em coming!!!

mildrod
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by mildrod on Jan 12, 09 6:00 PM
prpldva wrote:I thought it was PERFECT! Just hard enough to be a little challanging, but not so difficult you are cussing at the screen! LOL I do like my games challenging, like the Myst series, but also realy enjoy the lighter, HO games. Bringing the adventure and puzzle aspect into the game was just brilliant..

Couldn't agree more, prpldva...I also thought the game was " PERFECT"!
I'm continually being drawn back to the game, for another play. Nothing out there has given me the satification that this game has for HO game.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Jan 14, 09 3:40 PM
The is OK!

NOT my favorite I love Madame Fate....

I got so stressed out the first time playing the game. I hope that they M C F bring back the type of the first 4.
For I do NOT think I want to play R T R type from NOW ON.
It would be nice MIX games..then NEXT time back to just H O . I feel this would give everyone a chance to play the game the way they like to play.

NOW, I have played RTR the 2nd time it was sssoooo much easier.

Happy Gaming

PEN

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Jan 14, 09 3:52 PM
I still haven't tried RTR. I've been put off by all the comments and the frustration I've seen in the forums. I'll probably try it evenually (esp now that there are walkthroughs). I'd like to see MCF go back to something more like MF, too.

Go to: