roostero
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

level 24

[Post New]by roostero on Sep 19, 11 7:19 PM
Help! I just can't get past this stinkin level...any advise?

Re:level 24

[Post New]by drumrunrer on Oct 8, 11 8:59 AM
Neither can I. Please post when you get thru 24 and let me know.

Kadra
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by Kadra on Oct 13, 11 8:47 PM

I bought 500 materials first to build hotel and sold it straight away took a loss as tree lot came up at same time. but 1.1 mil is enought to start buying tree lots materials to build workshop and sawmill and houses. Buy 5000 materials once sawmill is built and build second hotel paint pink and upgrade at least once.

other than that buy hoses demolish and build ranches upgrade them straight away don't worry about rent as the hotel brings in money.

did harvesting and reforesting as i bought tree lots used 2 to lowball the others.

surprised myself and get the ribbon 5:53 so am sure u can do it faster.

Good luck

Disney
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Disney on Oct 26, 11 2:41 PM
[b] Thanks for your help but still was unable to complete level because I couldn't do the harvesting of the 10 tree lots, or owning 6 tree lot. I must be doing something wrong, can anyone help me?

[Post New]by Jessica2275 on Feb 4, 12 6:49 AM
Thank you so much for the help. I didn't build a sawmill after I sold the first hotel. I just kept harvesting the tree lots for supplies. Made it in 4:58!

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: level 24

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 2, 13 9:32 PM
@Disney: As noted in other threads about this level, you need to reforest and then reharvest some in order to add up to 10.

@Jessica--if you don't mind my calling you your first name, Ms. 2275: That's what I wanted to know--has anybody succeeded in getting expert on this. I assume 4:58 qualifies, so yes!

I did manage to hit all requirements just w/in the maximum allowed time, using my usual strategy of building a sawmill, then harvesting for money. (When you have a mill, the money always pays for more materials than you can get by harvesting for them directly.) But I couldn't imagine speeding up my strategy enough for expert. And from what you say, that is indeed NOT the optimum method for this level.

I'll let y'all know if I can make your method work.

Edited on 03/02/2013 at 11:23:02 PM PST

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: level 24

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 2, 13 11:21 PM
Nope.

Needed to work it my usual way, w/ a Sawmill to bring down the price of materials, thus making the best use of harvested plots, and a Workshop to speed up the workers and make it cheaper to hire lots of them.

What did turn out to be the key was that after building and selling one building so I could afford to buy maximum materials, I needed to build and sell a 2nd building. After that, I could afford to buy everything required.

One trap I fell into, and not again: On one pass, I'd just built a hotel and nothing else yet. When it needed repair, I couldn't afford to buy 750 materials, so I was stuck. After that, I built a Ranch-style first, which I had the materials to repair w/ if needed. (And then the hotel, because as others have noted, the more expensive, the better a source of rent.)

Didn't get it down to 4:58, but did make it w/in the "expert" time.

Edited on 03/02/2013 at 11:22:14 PM PST

Go to: