cleoladycat
Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Todays DD 20 September 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Sep 20, 11 12:06 AM
Any comments fishes?

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

Re:Todays DD 20 September 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by krissywillow on Sep 20, 11 5:05 AM
A great deal at $2.99; this is a very LONG game. I bought this when it came out. Love the 'claymation' style graphics (although some people don't). Many, many H0 scenes. Really funny story (I laughed out loud more than once, it's silly, but for some reason it struck my funny bone).

IMO, a cute game, very well made by the developers, with unique graphics which I really loved (the play-doh type).

Some people said it got boring and tedious, which it definitely could if you tried to play all at once. I played in installments over a long period of time, and enjoyed it immensely.

Your opinion will vary.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Sep 20, 11 5:07 AM
I bought and played Skymist when it first came out. I thought it was very unique. The grapics were done with a 3-D rendering program that I had worked with at one time and although it made the H.O.s a bit strange, I felt the colors and overall look was quite beautiful. The antimation was very nice also.This was a fairly long game that I ended up playing for days, so I can't give you the exact length. I enjoyed the puzzles also. Since this sale started, I think I'll play it again.

I had no tech problems when I played. I wish I could remenber more detailes but the old brain fails me. At this price, I think it's worth a look.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Sep 20, 11 6:23 AM
I just want to say I like the "Todays DD..." thread. I sometimes play the demo/trial version of a game and keep it in my GM until I decide if I want to buy it. This thread "jogs my memory" when those who've played it post here. Thank you!!

caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by caput on Sep 20, 11 6:32 AM
I'm liking this game. Have not got too far into it but it is kind of fun so far and well worth the three bucks.

carolwst
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by carolwst on Sep 20, 11 7:37 AM
I bought and played it when it first came out. At DD prices this is a steal. Lengthy game but as I played over days, I'm not sure exactly how long. Interesting graphics and I liked them. Really enjoyed this game, give it a try.

[Post New]by misspugsley on Sep 20, 11 7:52 AM
Is this a HOG,FROG or IHOG?Thanks

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Sep 20, 11 12:18 PM
This in an Interactive Hidden Object game (IH0G) from Mutant Games; please don’t be put off by the cartoonish graphics, the scenes are clean & sharp & the artwork is simply lovely. There are no voiceovers & the dialogue is skippable but the responses (which come from you as the characters ‘interact’ with you) in parts of the game are hilarious.

A princess is getting ready for her birthday party & she asks you to help but what you do causes all the prettiness to disappear & Skymist turns into a darker, dreary world & it’s your job to put it right. The H0 scenes are well laid out; some things will go into your inventory as you need them for a task.

The hint recharges at around 30 seconds & there is a mis-click penalty but you have to really go some for it to kick in. You get a journal which is very useful as it contains tips on what to do next; indeed sometimes it tells you exactly what to do next. However being partly adventure there will be times when you have to give some thought about what to do; for instance combining inventory items.

This is a beautiful game that won’t tax you too much but does need some thinking about occasionally & took me ages to play when I bought it back in March. Well worth $2.99.

[Post New]by misspugsley on Sep 20, 11 3:15 PM
Thanks, SeaBamboo

biged49
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by biged49 on Sep 20, 11 3:53 PM
IMO great buy few hrs of enjoyment for $3.What can you buy for $3?I like the **** scenes vary between hidden objects,finding matching pairs and finding the same object.

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on Sep 20, 11 4:16 PM
I wanted to buy this when it was first released, but It wouldn,t play on my old pc. It was a delightful surprise to see it offered as a DD, as it plays beautifully on my laptop!

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Sep 20, 11 7:11 PM
I bought this game as a DD today. I am sorry to say it is not one I really enjoy.

The graphics (and dialog) are really nice, but this type of game-play is not the kind I like. There are lots and lots of H0 scenes...my problem with them is that some of the objects are "hidden" nearly completely behind others and I just cannot see enough of the object to identify it as what is needed.

Possible spoiler:
Some objects are nearly transparent in the scenes (toothpaste for one). I don't mind finding x-number of objects in a scene...but not when the instructions say "find all" but don't say how many there are. For me, some of the tasks just don't make sense - finding lady bugs and sports gear in the same scene.

This is one game I had to use the "hint" button more that I like...I just could not find what was asked for. I had to go to the walk-through a couple of times to figure out what I was supposed to do in some of the "puzzles".

I believe it will take me some time to finish the game - because I tire of it and exit to go back later to play more.

I guess this game is just not what I expected...but that is just me.

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Sep 20, 11 10:10 PM
Thanks for the reviews. I liked the demo but had doubts about how long it was. Since I read the reviews I don't hesitated in buying it. I love games with a sense of humor. Thanks fellow fishies!

[Post New]by hippiefishie on Sep 20, 11 11:56 PM
When I first started playing the game I didn't think that I was going to like it but I kept on playing and it got better and better...a great game...thanks again BigFish... .

minx69696969
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by minx69696969 on Nov 19, 11 3:50 AM
I am one of the people who don't like the graphics. The game is very cartoonish type graphics. I tried playing for a bit but got bored. I may put to one side and try again and see if it improves any

Go to: