bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Slingo Quest Amazon technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Sep 20, 11 12:52 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Slingo Quest Amazon technical issues here only

[Post New]by scoobylogan on Sep 20, 11 2:00 AM
I'm having trouble with the game freezing, or not loading at all. Any fixes yet?

[Post New]by Andymack50 on Sep 20, 11 2:09 AM
Game will not start. Black screen then back to g/m

[Post New]by BernieGaymon on Sep 20, 11 3:46 AM
I'm having trouble with the game freezing, or not loading at all. Any fixes yet?

kimnick
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by kimnick on Sep 20, 11 4:48 AM
All I get is a black screen when I start the game. Why is this?

[Post New]by smfkgk on Sep 20, 11 5:01 AM
I have had 2 different instances where the game completely freezes and I have to go to the task manager to exit the game. Fixes yet?

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Sep 20, 11 5:16 AM
Hi fishies,

It looks like a few users are experiencing performance issues with this game as well crashes.

Have you tried any updates or disabling Aero? Sometimes these help.
Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

I would also recommend checking out this post as it may explain the issues some users are experiencing:

Updates on the McAfee related crash issue

I can also suggest contacting Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the right of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope this helps!

bfgImbrium

Edited on 09/20/2011 at 5:19:01 AM PST

EWK24
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by EWK24 on Sep 20, 11 6:06 AM
I decided to try again this morning just in case some random overnight update may have come. Unfortunately, the game shuts off and returns to game manager only seconds after opening. I guess I am still being held hostage by McAfee.

KICKI56
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by KICKI56 on Sep 20, 11 6:34 AM
Black screen and computer freezes up. Uninstalled after 2 attempts.

sxygrn
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by sxygrn on Sep 20, 11 7:57 AM
I have been able to download and play several games since this new GM so why all of a sudden the issues in relations to McAfee??

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Sep 20, 11 8:24 AM
Hey folks--I signed up for the new McAfee stuff recently, and had nothing but problems. It was a very intrusive program. So I dumped it, and went with Norton, instead. What a difference! Now, I'm not promoting Norton, and I'm not dissing McAfee. But Slingo Quest Amazon is running just fine now that I've rid myself of McAfee (which says "Access Denied" if you try to "End Task" through Task Manager).

Good luck to all!

Regards, elldee

BarbLeigh
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by BarbLeigh on Sep 20, 11 11:48 AM
I don't use McAfee, but three times now my game has frozen and I have had to use Task Manager to get out of it.??????

[Post New]by brendamac on Sep 20, 11 3:11 PM
I downloaded the game and the trial is expired?

kimcol
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by kimcol on Sep 20, 11 3:23 PM
The processes for the game show in my task manager, but the game never loads. Guess i will uninstall/reinstall, see if that helps.

tubergal
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by tubergal on Sep 20, 11 4:28 PM
I did not have a problem with the game until I purchased it. Now it will not load and when I go to Task Manager and under the Processes running it shows that there are two (2) instances of the game running but it does not show up as an Application running. The game just won't load. I have tried rebooting my computer and nothing changed. I sure hope that a fix is happening since there are several of us with the same issue!

[Post New]by chi4me on Sep 20, 11 10:17 PM
After every level the game freezes and i have to use task manager to get out. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling and restarting my pc but nothing helps. Very frustrating and I don't use McAfee

[Post New]by Princess_Fluff on Sep 21, 11 4:55 AM
Ugh, talk about major regret over wasting a credit. Normally with BF I don't worry about getting games when they're first released (Re: technical issues that weren't worked out prior to release) because they're not usually this awful.

Unfortunately, this one is very buggy. I had trouble getting the game to even start at first (said it was already running but it never started, had to force it to end process in task manager) then later during play the spin button just vanished a couple of times (I was still able to hit enter to get it to spin) then during the infuriating snake level, nothing but problems. The two times I would have won, I had to quit the level/game due to technical glitches. (The first time was after I activated friend power, at which point the spin button sort of faded out as if I'd already used my turn, but neither I nor my "opponent" could take any actions. The second time, I had the last number on the board and a joker came up, I was going to win, so of course right when I went to click on the last number the game froze and then popped up with an "error" and froze my whole system temporarily thanks to the stupid game crashing.)

This lack of bug fixing/quality control *might* be understandable in a first-time release from a tiny developer, but this is not something I consider acceptable from an established series with many years of games already out there.

Very disappointed and hoping there is a bug fix/new version very soon. (And of course the worst of these things didn't start until after I'd played the trial and wasted a credit on this.)

In short, full of loads of stupid little glitches that one should be able to expect would be mostly resolved PRIOR to release from an established series such as this.

Someone should point out to the developers that it's not the job of the people who pay to own the game to do their bug/beta testing for them. I understand a glitch or two can always slip through even with quality testing, but this is FULL of them.

I gather some people are having problems because of McAfee, I should just note that I don't use it. And I don't have an older computer, or any other excuse. The game is just full of bugs.

Edited on 09/21/2011 at 4:58:32 AM PST

dogden2
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by dogden2 on Sep 21, 11 6:13 AM
i get an error when i try to download, the error says cannot read and i do not have mcafee yet, never mind dr felix installed it.

Edited on 09/21/2011 at 7:40:53 AM PST

[Post New]by Mootilda on Sep 21, 11 6:59 AM
same problems none of the other slingo has had this problem loaded with bugs

[Post New]by trixybelle1 on Sep 21, 11 11:55 AM
downloaded the game,pressed play and nothing happens i have to completely shut computer down to stop the game running even though it isn't running? tried removing and reinstalling and still no joy,not impresses and as i can see none of you are.Come on big fish answers please.

Go to: