Reviews for Rescue Frenzy

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Reviews for Rescue Frenzy

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 21, 11 1:32 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Rescue Frenzy? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your thoughts about the game in this thread! You can also add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game so other players can get more out of your review!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

Re:Reviews for Rescue Frenzy

[Post New]by TeamSD on Sep 21, 11 2:21 AM
I liked the game very much, some of you may think that it's similar or even the sequel to Rescue Team but it's NOT!!! Yes, it's from the same developer so i wandering why they releasing two games with similar title!

Graphics in this game are cute, colorful and charming, really attractive! The gameplay is simple, same as other building, resources management game but with over six types of resources!!! The system of each resource is interesting enough, with many upgrades and features. You need to complete set tasks to complete the level, and one of those tasks will be to rescue animals or citizens. You can earn gold or silver medal like in FFZ. I will rate this an "A" but i won't be purchasing this game because of the extremely long loading time between each level, unless they will fix it or else i will be buying it on sale or as DD!

Grades:

Graphics: A
Story: B
Music: A
Features: A
Fun: A
Gameplay: A
Overall: A

My grades can be as high as A* or as low as F!

Edited on 09/21/2011 at 3:17:17 AM PST

[Post New]by rob013 on Sep 21, 11 2:28 AM
Have played the demo for about half an hour and am slightly disappointed, but I think because I was hoping it would be like Rescue Team - it feels a bit mundane and you are doing the same thing over and over without needing the strategy that you needed in Rescue Team to beat the clock. A time management game where I felt I was literally just clicking. It may appeal to some, but I don't think I will spend the money - perhaps if it is a DD!!

[Post New]by TXrosebud1 on Sep 21, 11 3:14 AM
I was not sure if I would like this one, but as the levels go on, there is more of a challenge and a different number of levels on each town.
There is no tutorial but if you have played these games before, you will have no problems figuring out what to do.
It is a cute game and a buy for me.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 21, 11 3:21 AM
This is a good strategy game like My kingdom for the princess. I have enjoyed the trial time and its a buy for me

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 21, 11 3:23 AM
TeamSD wrote:I liked the game very much, some of you may think that it's similar or even the sequel to Rescue Team but it's NOT!!! Yes, it's from the same developer so i wandering why they releasing two games with similar title!

I wasn`t too keen on "Rescue Team", but I really liked this game, which I demoed over at you-know-where when it came out there, but wanted to wait to buy it until it came out here.

I like having to rescue those cute animals (and other creatures). Gameplay is fun, and - thank goodness - it`s one of those game you can just continue to play when the timer has ran out.

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Sep 21, 11 3:26 AM
It's a cute game, but I have to agree with Rob. There's no real strategy involved here and that's disappointing. Another issue I have is that it's definitely pushing the "green agenda". This is a personal thing with me. Some may agree and some may not, but I don't like this (or any other) type of agenda in games. Games should be for fun!

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Sep 21, 11 5:39 AM
Same problem as the latest Farm Frenzy - very long load times. I don't know what all is loading up to cause the delay because there doesn't seem to be anything in the actual game play to have caused that.
I wish Big Fish Games would stop their rule that games must start up with the music playing so that step number one you have to frantically search for options to stop the noise!
I like this game, really cute graphics and story but it doesn't seem to add anything new to the strategy or skill of the other games in this genre. So I'd rather stick to those games that load up fast.

[Post New]by Teafancy on Sep 21, 11 7:14 AM
takes as long to download EACH level as it does to play it! booooo - cute premise tho but rather outdated game mode

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Sep 21, 11 7:37 AM
I agree with other reviewers about the LONG load time for each level. It is ridiculous to wait that long to load a level.

On the "green" topic - I agree with DoobieBear. The first level nearly put me off playing the game because of the "EVIL CORPORATION" bent, but after the first level, it gets more into the "natural disaster" area which I prefer.

On the strategy, I think the first few levels are just to get you used to the gameplay, but after that, you do need to use some strategy to get the gold time. You have to decide what to build first, second, etc to maximize your resources. That's what I loved about Rescue Team - you really had to think about a level to get that gold. This one you have to think about too, but not as much as Rescue Team.

I don't think this is the sequel to Rescue Team. To me, this plays more like Roads of Rome or Island Tribe than it does like Rescue Team. It is from the makers of Farm Frenzy under the prime developer of (can't mention the name here - but same as Rescue Team) - hence the confusion.

Anyway, still unsure if I will purchase this one or not. Mainly because of the load times. The other issue is it doesn't use my full screen on my wide-screen monitor - which bugs me. But it does do a better job of displaying than MKFTPIII does. At least I don't have to manually change my resolution to be able to see the game!

I also did not see any achievements or prizes awarded - but then again I only played for a short time (about 30 minutes of the demo) before I popped out to write my review.

Marm23
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Marm23 on Sep 21, 11 8:09 AM
Played about 30 mins of this game and love it. BUT why can't I get it to play in large screen. I hate the black borders on each side. Tried changing screen resolution to different sizes but without success. Anyone solved this as I would love to buy the game and this stopping me.

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Sep 21, 11 9:00 AM
This took too long to load levels for me! I waited almost 2 minutes for that green blob to work it's way over to the right!

12george
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by 12george on Sep 21, 11 9:13 AM
I liked Rescue team and i like this one also.. Just bought it ....I don't have a problem with the load time at all...This is a cute game to spend on a rainy day to pass the time away.I recommend it to everyone young and old ..I love this kind of TMI games...I would love to see another Island tribe one also....Keep these coming !!!

stingstungme
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

[Post New]by stingstungme on Sep 21, 11 10:13 AM
Loved Rescue Team and hate Rescue Frenzy. I thought it was the sequel to the first. Some say no. Idk.

The loading times between levels is tooooo long. Why? For what? Even if you hit replay during a level, you still have to wait a long time.

Do we really need a reporter between each level telling us that there is a baby seal needing rescuing? I just want to play the game. I spend more time waiting than actually playing.

With other games, the timer doesn't start until you click but as soon as the game loads (whenever that is) the timer starts. You don't have a chance to plan your strategy by surveying the area.

I actually thought this was a sequel to Rescue Team so I bought it without demoing it. Now I'm going to go to CS and ask for my money back.

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

[Post New]by dvdiva on Sep 21, 11 11:40 AM
stingstungme, you took the words right out of my mouth! Those are my sentiments exactly!!

Rescue Team is probably my favorite TM building game. Over at a TM lover's forum, we hold weekly challenges where we compete on getting the best scores and fastest level times -- and my friends over there can attest to how much I love Rescue Team.

I was so excited to see Rescue Frenzy released, because I thought it was the sequel to Rescue Team. However, the only thing those 2 games have in common are construction workers, hard hats and helicopters. They are completely different games.

My gripes are exactly the same as yours: (1) the slow loading times, and (2) the timer counting down immediately when the level starts. Such a disappointment.

The reporter and the slow loading screens are so annoying. Like you mentioned, when we hit replay, we still have to watch the loading progress all over again. And I do replay a level a lot, to improve my score or when trying to get Expert. When you're in TM mode, your adrenalin is pumping and you want everything to go fast, fast, fast, so that slow loading screen becomes even much more painful to watch because your impatience is working double time.

As for the timer starting immediately, this is a big no-no in building games. Any serious TM building fan knows that the timer usually starts with your first click. That way, you can examine the area and plan your strategy, by hovering your mouse over buildings to see what resources are required to build it. I tried pausing the level, but no luck -- even in pause mode, we're not able to check a building's requirements with just a mouseover.

One more frustration I'd like to add: some hotspots are very hard to click on. Sometimes it takes 3 or 4 clicks to pick up that can of oil, or to clear that pile of rocks just because you happened to click on the blank space in the middle of the rock pile. Quite frustrating.

I'm still awaiting the real sequel to Rescue Team.

GloomySunday
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by GloomySunday on Sep 21, 11 12:34 PM
I was very pleased to see one of the "Kingdom for the Princess type" games. However, I didn't even finish the demo for this "Rescue Frenzy", which hardly ever happens.

Pros:
- interesting setting
- some (not many) new aspects to this type of game

Not sure about the graphics. They are cute, but they just aren't my thing.

Cons:
- setting not clear in some aspects: one doesn't have an overview of materials per round
- Buildings that need to be reconstructed don't look much different from running buildings. In one level, I completely overlooked that one building still needed to be restored
- immensely loooooong loading times. Actually that is the reason I didn't continue the demo. The gameplay didn't thrill me, but I'm always willing to at least do the whole demo because some games improve with later levels. But loading time between levels is absolutely annoying. I have the feeling the actual (first) levels were shorter than the loading time. Other games of this type can do with hardly any loading time between levels, so I don't see why it can't be done here.

Definitely won't buy .

Hey_j
Flounder
Flounder
2,098 Posts

[Post New]by Hey_j on Sep 21, 11 2:58 PM
Played it for 20 mins. and it's a 'buy' for me! Very similar to Rescue Team but with some interesting changes in the types of workers and added machinery used to hurry here and there!

Boys and some little girls ought to love this one if they are into 'Snorts' and are about 8-9 yrs. old and older!

It took about 26 seconds to load between levels for me! Faster would be nice but I can live with it, if I have to!

I'm looking for the Mac version before long, I HOPE!!! We have a new Mac added to our collection of computers!

All in all, my kinda game--closely matches the pace of my life, topside!!

doylebaby
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by doylebaby on Sep 21, 11 3:04 PM
It's definitely a cute game with bright, colourful graphics and the music isn't too annoying.
What IS annoying is the fact that the loading of each level takes longer than actually playing the level!
And while you're waiting for the next level to load there is no getting back to the menu at all, I had to ctrl, alt, del to get out.

At this moment not a buy for me I'm afraid.

Slite
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Slite on Sep 21, 11 7:49 PM
I'm a huge fan of the TM building genre so I was excited to try this of course. But, for all the reasons mentioned above, this was the weakest entry in the genre I have played. One annoyance unmentioned thus far is how the game will interrupt play multiple times to inform you about some building type that you already know about.

The graphics were nice but the game play, for me, was too high in irritation and too low in strategy.

jawfish
Herring
Herring
349 Posts

[Post New]by jawfish on Sep 21, 11 8:34 PM
I love this game , it's much better than Rescue Team, the graphics is improved and the gameplay is more interesting. This one is more challenging too.

It loads fast for me like Farm Frenzy Viking Heroes (1-2 secs between levels), I know others have slow loading with that game as well. I don't have problem with hard to click hotspots either.

I hope there will be a sequel.

Edited on 09/21/2011 at 8:36:30 PM PST

Go to: