BUG-GLITCH - Cant play demo ACCESS VIOLATION ERROR.... How do I play?

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Sep 22, 11 12:51 AM
I just saw todays game and I was happy because I look at 3 AM each day (My time) for the new game hoping its a spooky, creepy, scary game. When it is I always download the demo.

I cant play it because as soon as I click it to play the game, when it tries to load the screen goes black and I get this message:

ERROR MESSAGE I got:

Error: Access Violation at 0x009B3F73 (tried to read from 0x00000000), program terminated

So with this error message, how do I play. I want to play this game as soon as possible please.

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

BUG-GLITCH - Cant play demo ACCESS VIOLATION ERROR.... How do I play?

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Sep 22, 11 1:01 AM
dylansmom1979 wrote:I just saw todays game and I was happy because I look at 3 AM each day (My time) for the new game hoping its a spooky, creepy, scary game. When it is I always download the demo.

I cant play it because as soon as I click it to play the game, when it tries to load the screen goes black and I get this message:

ERROR MESSAGE I got:

Error: Access Violation at 0x009B3F73 (tried to read from 0x00000000), program terminated

So with this error message, how do I play. I want to play this game as soon as possible please.

Try by closing and re entering the game manager, if this does not work try rebooting, as a last resort uninstall game and manager and start over. I hope one of these will work for you. As a final solution check out the tech forum.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

Re:BUG-GLITCH - Cant play demo ACCESS VIOLATION ERROR.... How do I play?

[Post New]by cbtx on Sep 22, 11 1:13 AM
dylansmom1979----I tried shutting the lid then went back in and it ran ok until I started it a second time then same thing. Too bad-at CE prices no game should be glitchy!

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Sep 22, 11 1:36 AM
Ok, I can play it now after exiting the Game Manager and reopening it.

BUT I wasted some of my demo time on a puzzle that I cant do. I am at the books with the snake image on them. I even looked at the strategy guide and got it exactly like the walkthrough photo says, but it does nothing.

I back out of the puzzle and then click it again but it still makes me redo the snake book puzzle and never solves.

I cant move forward.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Sep 22, 11 1:53 AM
WARNING----I have gone in and out of this game twice now and now and all it shows is the error code mentioned above. Looks like this game needs a major fix!

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Sep 22, 11 1:56 AM
dylansmom1979 wrote:Ok, I can play it now after exiting the Game Manager and reopening it.

BUT I wasted some of my demo time on a puzzle that I cant do. I am at the books with the snake image on them. I even looked at the strategy guide and got it exactly like the walkthrough photo says, but it does nothing.

I back out of the puzzle and then click it again but it still makes me redo the snake book puzzle and never solves.

I cant move forward.

The guide is very fuzzy,and not easy to read try reversing the two end books.

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 22, 11 2:27 AM
Hi everyone!

It sounds like this game is giving some fishies Access Violation errors. If you haven't already, I'd recommend giving the steps in the below help article a try:

Access Violation

If your game still is giving you trouble after completing those steps, please get in touch with our Tech Support and one of our reps will be more than happy to work on this with you.

Also, since we already have a thread in this Game Forum dedicated to technical issues, I'll be locking this one to keep things tidy in here, but please feel free to re-post your issue HERE.

Hope this helps!

-bfgFlounder

Go to: