bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Mystery of the Ancients: Lockwood Manor Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 22, 11 1:58 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 09/30/2011 at 4:01:49 PM PST

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery of the Ancients: Lockwood Manor Collector's technical issues here only

[Post New]by Imberis on Sep 22, 11 2:05 AM
This game has a number of technical issues.

1) The cursor is very laggy. You can turn off the custom cursor, but it's still something that should not have been overlooked.

2) The piano puzzle would not work for me. I found the solution and the game copied it into the in-game journal, yet the game would not let me input it. It kept saying something like "I don't know which keys to press!" even though I did know which keys to press. I even looked at the strategy guide to see if I was doing something wrong, but I couldn't see anything I had done incorrectly.

3) The game froze on me! I had to alt + ctrl + delete to get out of it. When so many other games work perfectly fine, it's disappointing to see one this buggy.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery of the Ancients: Lockwood Manor Collector's technical issues here only

[Post New]by jkuci on Sep 22, 11 2:11 AM

It looked great and I thought I was going to succumb to temptation and buy it but at my very first H0 scene there was no object text list - it was blank.

And it went downhill from there, fighting me tooth and nail when I tried to exit the game ....oh, well, I guess it saved me $13.99.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery of the Ancients: Lockwood Manor Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Sep 22, 11 2:38 AM
i have the same error violation message than dylansmom1979(look at her post) and don't want to put the mess in my computer for a game which reviews are not enthusiactic,as my beta notes were!
the "access violation" chapter from BFis the same:your antivirus(i have not mac afee!),your graphic card not updated(mine is!),unistall this and that and....finally change your computer.....and so ....
i prefer not buy this one,it is not a good one and not well done!

rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery of the Ancients: Lockwood Manor Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Sep 22, 11 3:05 AM
Error: Access Violation at 0x009B3F73 (tried to read from 0x00000000), program terminated

Thats what I get when I try to play I didn't even demo I just pressed Buy on this one .So now what dp I do I uninstallted the game and the GM i am reinstalling right now so we will see if that changes anything If not please BIG FISH fix the bug fast!!!!!!! To many CES have been having to many problems lately

uwflossi
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by uwflossi on Sep 22, 11 3:34 AM
Hello dear fishies, Access Violation ...... too. So much troubles with the games in the past. An unhappy fish

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by crypsynight on Sep 22, 11 3:38 AM
Hit the Play button and got the same Access Violation (.Access Violation at 0x009B3F73 etc)
Then hit the Play again and started no problems until i told it to do Wide Screen - which it didn't.
Then hit the Options button again and had no 'tags' to select, and a choice to either 'lose' or 'redits'.
Then tried to play game and clicking on the magnifying glass on the door gave me a blank 'drop-down' screen.
Going from bad to worse, decided to exit - in which i had a choice to 'r su', 'opt o s' or ' u'.....

I very rarely have problems with games, and I certainly expect better of a CE game.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Sep 22, 11 4:25 AM
I can't get it to download at all. I try, but the GM just keeps saying "waiting to download." Perhaps I'll try again later.

rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Sep 22, 11 4:32 AM
Ok I got the access code to I uninstalled the game and the GM Then I reinstalled both at same time I changed screen resolutiuon from 16 bit to 32 bit Then I played the game off my desktop not GM Am able to play the game but it does lag in certain scenes though I am interested because one of the acheivements is to beat the game in less then 8 hours The Hog scenes are good not junkpile and very well hidden objects I think thats were the 8 hours will probably come in if you don't use the hint button alot to find the objects So if you get that access code try what I did and see if it changes anything for you I will just play the game off my desktop I won't even try to use the GM Hope this helps someone Have a good day or night everyone!

Torbjorg
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Torbjorg on Sep 22, 11 4:46 AM
Got the acsess violation too.. And the game frooze

grammyapples
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by grammyapples on Sep 22, 11 4:51 AM
Access violation here too, then had to shut down to get out of frozen black screen.
Guess I will finish Beauty and Beast while waiting for a fix.

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Sep 22, 11 5:08 AM
Was playing demo just fine, but then...

Finished everything that was to be done with the greenhouse. I returned to the house. From the piano room, tried to enter the door to the office. Access Violation and game terminated.

I restarted the game and was able to continue. Did not play any longer, though, as I want to save my demo time in case there is a fix.

Just not willing to buy the game in case I get that error again and cannot continue to play the game. I am hoping the Devs have a fix, otherwise this will be a No Buy for me.

On a positive note, I experienced no lag time at all. Game was moving along very nicely until the error.

maryerbe
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by maryerbe on Sep 22, 11 5:13 AM
i also had the same problem no Tex and game froze and caused my computer to crash .i never have problems with games here .no buy for now

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Sep 22, 11 5:15 AM
I tried the play the demo and when i got in the game, I could not put player name, then when i got in the game for a puzzle game the game did not show the list of things for me to find, there are many bugs in this game, very sad for the Dev;s for them to hurry up this game to sell when it is full of bugs, until there is a fix I will not be interested,

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Sep 22, 11 5:53 AM
game goes slow. drags on getting from place to place. but wait, must be our PC's and not the game. funny how quite a few of us have the same problem. game only lasted me from beginning and to where it stopped, 17 minutes.

will I buy? depends on whether game is given some metamucil to get it going the way it is supposed to.

MaryEl
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

Cursor problems

[Post New]by MaryEl on Sep 22, 11 5:58 AM
I was going along just fine when all of a sudden the custom cursor froze and the system cursor was working but could not click on anything. I have a brand new recently purchased computer so I know it is not my computer's problem. Hope BF can get all the bugs worked out.

tarbarme
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by tarbarme on Sep 22, 11 7:01 AM
So many bugs in the bonus game that I can't even start to play it. 1st time the loading screen froze. 2nd time got to the 1st scene and tried to use the magnifying glass at the stair and it froze just with the glass. Managed to get the guide up but that froze open. I was able to exit the game with going for the alt-ctrl-delete. Looks like BFG is rushing the CE games now.

Nevan
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Nevan on Sep 22, 11 7:04 AM
OMG, what a mess. When the game opens, it's in full screen mode but it's halfway up my screen and I can't see what it says (if anything) and there's no way to pull it down. I can't change it to windowed because it doesn't even let me get there to make that choice.

No cursor ... at all.

This is a game that I would normally buy; I usually buy all the CEs. This is the third in a row for me that I didn't buy ... not because I didn't like it, but because the games were incredibly flawed and NOT ANYTHING like quality I am used to with BFG. What is going on?? The last CE I bought was Grim Tales: The Bride (I believe) and that still has a horrendous error that leaves you stuck and unable to play the game. I reinstalled twice. I started three new profiles. Still have the problem and no response from BFG or a fix .... I'm about to ask for a refund for that one because this is just getting ridiculous. Really, really disappointed.

fraziely
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery of the Ancients: Lockwood Manor Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by fraziely on Sep 22, 11 7:16 AM
Error-Access Violation at start-up. I rarely have issues with BF games, so this must be a dev issue. Hope they fix it today

Edited on 09/22/2011 at 7:17:01 AM PST

nebulla_69
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by nebulla_69 on Sep 22, 11 7:21 AM
Game download fine but when the game opened for play the cursor froze. I did not get the chance to type my name. I had to alt-ctrl-delete to get out out of the game. Then I reboot my system and the game started to play but the cursor was unwieldy and sluggish for the rest of the trial. Seems to be an OK game but based on performance in trial I won't be buying....at least not yet.

Go to: