Snake Book Puzzle, cant beat, please help.

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Sep 22, 11 2:21 PM
I wasted some of my demo time on a puzzle that I cant do. I am at the books with the snake image on them. I even looked at the strategy guide and got it exactly like the walkthrough photo says, but it does nothing.

I back out of the puzzle and then click it again but it still makes me redo the snake book puzzle and never solves.

I cant move forward.

I have tried switching the 2 books with the symbols and I know the first 2 snake images are of the head so I know thats right. I have tried all other combos with the other 3 and even noted the colors of the binding. I think the colors of the binding are purple and light brown so it was symbol book, brown, purple, brown, purple, brown, symbol book.

I have tried all combos and they still look weird, like how a straw or pencil looks bent went half of it is in a glass of water. I have tried all combos and looked at the photo many many times. I spent 10 minutes of my demo just on moving the books back and fourth.

There cant be THAT many possible combos since the 2 symbol books have to be on the ends so those 2 books only have 2 possible positions each. And then if I take the 2 purplish looking binders with where they are in the photo, they also have only 2 possible positions each.

I dont know if its a glitch or I havent done something. I have done everything in the walk through up to that point. Cleaned the wall to get the piano puzzle solution, did the piano puzzle and a few other things.

All I have in my inventory is a gold coin with an animal on it.

Edited on 09/22/2011 at 2:22:22 PM PST

Re:Snake Book Puzzle, cant beat, please help.

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Sep 22, 11 8:48 PM
Anyone have any clue as to why I cant beat this puzzle?

I dont want to open this demo until I know what I did wrong and how I can beat this puzzle since I dont have a whole lot of demo left, I dont want to waste it on staring at the snake books the rest of my time.

Edited on 09/22/2011 at 8:51:01 PM PST

akfrosty
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by akfrosty on Sep 22, 11 9:20 PM
I couldn't get it either, so I skipped it. Sorry thats not much help, maybe someone will come along with the solution.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Sep 22, 11 9:23 PM
I've been trying to think of some reason...but I come up with nothing...

If you're sure you have the two rune volumes placed correctly the only thing I can think of is that the snake itself is somehow not correct. (I'm referring to how the picture itself looks). But this is what works for me.

The first rune book should be the one that has the rune that looks similar to an "up arrow" at the top (the book looks dark green on my monitor).

The book with the snake's eye and fang should be next it has a gold (my monitor) binding

The next book is the snake's mouth and two "ropes" of the snake above the mouth. It has a brown (my monitor) binding.

Next is the book that has the completion of the snake's "horn" (or whatever that is), a continuation of the snake below the horn, and a two continuations of the snake above the horn. It has a gold binding.

Next is a brown binding and is the only book that has three ropes of snake--nothing else.

The next is the only snake piece left - the final loop of the snake with the tail on top. It has a gold binding.

Then the final rune book has the character that looks like an "F" at the top.

I just did this three times with three different player logins to make sure that the puzzle doesn't change (with the rune volumes). It was the same each time.

Hope this helps and you get it sorted out.

FYI - I just looked in the strategy guide and they show the ruin books the opposite of what works.

Edited on 09/22/2011 at 9:26:28 PM PST

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Sep 23, 11 1:56 PM
Ok I will try that, A skip comes up but it wont let me click it. When it gets full from waiting a minute or so, then the Skip turns to HINT> Then I click that and it highlights the puzzle.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Sep 23, 11 5:03 PM
Definitely sounds like something strange is going on...

I know you're in demo version, but you may want to try creating a new profile and restarting. It will only take you around 3 minutes to get back to where you were.

Sure hope you can get it resolved.

Go to: