bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Rainbow Web 3

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 23, 11 12:05 AM
The dark Sorcerer Spider has risen to power once again, and you are the only one who can stop him! This time the wicked wizard has taken over Rainbow Village. The once cheerful place is desolate, and the people are desperately begging for someone to save them. Your mission is to break the curse, untangle the web, and bring joy and color back to the villagers in this exciting Match 3 game!

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

Re:Rainbow Web 3

[Post New]by cll1950 on Sep 23, 11 12:32 AM
Have not had a chance to demo this one but I own the other 2 and love them. They sit on my desktop and I play them all the time. Can't wait to try this one as the others are beautiful and I can't wait to see what they brought to this one. Back later.

Edited on 09/23/2011 at 1:50:08 AM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Sep 23, 11 1:00 AM
Now I know there are many many Rainbow Web 1,2 lovers out there, where is everybody whose been waiting for a new one. And fairy tale lovers, here's a genre to get some good storybook illustrations if you don't usually look at M3s.

OK, I shouldn't be taking up space and time posting as I've not d/l yet either. Am midway through Sonya and just had to take a break to see what's our TGT. If I start this demo I know I won't want to quit and get back to my game (addictive), precisely why I can hardly ever finish a game jumping around.

Spider haters, don't let the theme chase you away, at least til now it is just a web shape you play on matching colors, very relaxing. RW2 added some hog and frog scenes and looks like RW3 carries on with more than just matching.

Back to finish Sonya (also wonderful fairytale graphics), or...oh heck maybe just see how it displays on my lappy...just a taste mind you...I'm too curious and can use some SE punches, may just buy now, try later.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Sep 23, 11 1:06 AM

I DLed and gave it a try. I don't have any of the other Rainbow Web games and really didn't know what to expect.

To my surprise it was a dab of M3 crossed with the hangman word game for the purpose of the reconstruction of a ruined town. And the graphics are pretty good!

Edited on 09/23/2011 at 1:10:47 AM PST

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Sep 23, 11 1:43 AM
I had never tried the other Rainbow Web games either. I tried this and really liked it . I don't usually like these type of games , but it was a pretty good twist on a M3 . I would rate it a 8 out 10.

fairlaine
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by fairlaine on Sep 23, 11 1:45 AM
Have just bought this game.I have the other two and enjoy them very much.played the demo for 10 min.liked it as much as the others.

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Sep 23, 11 1:57 AM
I love the first two and am very pleased to see this one. There is not a lot to say about it as the gameplay is the same and will no doubt become challenging as the levels progress. Graphics are very good also, ( perhaps I am a bit of a snob as I loved the palace ones in the last game and do not find the village setting as instantly appealing, LOL).
I will definitely buy it, but am not sure whether to wait till next month and use a punch card credit. Having bought a lot of games in the last sale, I would prefer to see if a good DD comes up to fill the last space in my punch card. So will hold off for a few days.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Sep 23, 11 2:41 AM
This version, though very nice does not compare to the first 2 so far. The graphics are alright but not as beautiful and dramatic as the others. The music, although ok is also not as good. I'll end up getting it with an Oct. free punch because I like the gameplay and play these games over and over as daily filler games when I have some time to just chill and play for a bit.

If you have not tried the first 2 give them a try, They are very nice games also, with endless replay value.

Edit for content; this one has a few extra features. A hammer to break the stuborn balls and shopping. It doesn't have the gold medals so you can play for your personal best to get all the gold medals..

Edited on 09/23/2011 at 2:45:47 AM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Sep 23, 11 4:02 AM
Oh sure, just a taste, not gonna spend an hour on a demo with another game on hold. Not surprised that before I knew it I had almost finished restoring the tailor's shop. I thought it was done, got the sewing machine put together then more things appeared that I could buy if I kept playing. Was nice to let the sunshine in. Made myself quit with 9 min left on the demo.

The gameplay on the puzzles is the same, and they do get more challenging as parts of the web disappear. I did leave on the hints to get my eyes back acclimated to the patterns after regular M3 grids. So not getting out of that shop yet I can't speak for the other graphics or know when that scene is cleared of the "wicked spider's curse" weaving webs everywhere. The spider is just a backstory so don't run away at the thought, we're just sweeping up his mess and it's cheerful.

I couldn't even find RW1 in my purchase history, then realized I got the first one before joining BF, must have been over 5 years ago. I never tire of these games, and will probably buy RW1 again with a punch just to get them all on my laptop. The first one is on my old computer, (only took 128 ram) I don't belong to that other club now so can't reinstall those oldies. Bought MCF Huntsville again on BF, that's how much I love these old classics. Uplifting rather than the trend of ugly downers.

Try them all if you want something different.

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Sep 23, 11 4:47 AM
@Puzzledone - I am still able to download my old games from there if we are talking about the genuine arcade now the house of games. I have updated my email address so my sign in is the same as here (lousy memory!!). I have only downloaded my old favorites as there is not much room on my laptop's hard disk . but the Rainbow Web ones and Luxor, Zuma and a few others are still with me for when I want a break from H.O. games.

Eta @ Cll1950 - that is a pity about the gold medals. I replayed levels so often just to get those.

Edited on 09/23/2011 at 4:55:24 AM PST

anki6969
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by anki6969 on Sep 23, 11 6:50 AM
@Puzzledone - like JoyWales I can still download my old games from that site and I was a member there back in 2002

JayTeeLine
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by JayTeeLine on Sep 23, 11 7:11 AM
Halfway through the demo, and it is a sure thing for me. I have the first two Rainbow Webs, and with them can spend many hours of stress relieving - yet interesting - play time. I have one free punch that I will use today, and then will save my almost 2 monthly credits in case a CE or two SE's come along soon that will hold my interest. And finding a worthy game is never a problem for me!!

This game is sweet, and pretty, and soft and relaxing. Continuation of a lovely story line, as it imo it is difficult to beat a good fairy tale with fine color and graphics.

Plus an intelligent stress buster is on my agenda list right now. So this is it!
Thanks for the release BF.

jt

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Sep 23, 11 8:31 AM
I had no idea there was a second Rainbow Web til I saw the 3rd today! I love that game! Haven't d/l yet - did like the timer aspect - made it a challenge. Not sure I'll enjoy it so much without it. Off to find out!
I'm with everyone else, Puzzledone - saved my old receipts and am able to go back and download all my ancient games that I still love (Ravenhurst, Expedition Titanic, Hidden Relics, Stone of Destiny,...) without having to rebuy.

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on Sep 23, 11 10:01 AM
Puzzledone, I thought I was the only one who jumps around and can't finish a game! I think I have CDO. (That's the same as OCD, only the letters are in the proper order.) I absolutely loved Rainbow II, and played it many times. I hate timers, but enjoyed the option on that one; it was like having two separate games. I agree, this one seems less stunning graphically. However, I love being able to restore the scenes--so far just the tailor's shop. I'll try to wait till next month, as I already have two full punch cards this month, and am trying not to upset the balance.

[Post New]by downunder46 on Sep 23, 11 10:13 PM
I've been waiting impatiently for this game ever since I knew it was "coming soon". I already have the first 2 and love playing them. Didn't even bother trialling this one first before I bought it, (which isn't something I usually do). Just knew I'd love it and I wasn't wrong. Have only played as far as clearing the tailor's shop, and opening way for next. I wasn't sure about the hammer, but it's very handy! Enough said! I just had to stop and come and tell you that I love it, (can't you guess?). In a way, I almost think it's a little better than the first 2, which I didn't think was possible. Running back to continue playing now!

[Post New]by ChuckHistory on Oct 1, 11 6:25 PM
Love this game and all "Web" games. Would like to see less of the distracting "spinning" balls.

Go to: