Reviews for Rainbow Web 3

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Rainbow Web 3

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Sep 23, 11 12:49 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Rainbow Web 3? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your thoughts about the game in this thread! You can also add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game so other players can get more out of your review!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

Re:Reviews for Rainbow Web 3

[Post New]by TeamSD on Sep 23, 11 12:59 AM
I didn't play any of Rainbow Web games yet but I know there're so many people love them so I think it should be pretty good!

Yes, it's as good as I expected, it's a nice style of Match 3 - you should try it even if you're not Match 3 fan, you might enjoy this one. Graphics are good, little bit grainy in my opinion, music is fine and the fairy tale story is great! Likes it, may puchase it later on...

Grades:

Graphics: B
Story: A
Music: B
Features: B
Fun: B
Gameplay: A
Overall: B

My grades can be as high as A* or as low as F!

Edited on 09/23/2011 at 1:39:55 AM PST

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Kayen59 on Sep 23, 11 3:46 AM
I am not a fan of match 3 games, but I just love the Rainbow Web games , and cannot wait to try this one out. Will be back with my review after I have played it for a while.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 23, 11 4:39 AM
I think if you liked the previous Rainbow Web games, you should like this game too. Its very different from other match 3 games I have ever played. This game is personally not my cup of tea, but its a good game if you liked that type of games. Happy gaming everyone

LoveYa24
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by LoveYa24 on Sep 23, 11 7:32 AM
I was excited to see this finally be released. I know I will get some boo-hiss for the following comment, but...I miss having the timer. It made the game less exciting for me because I wasn't racing against the clock.

That being said, I will probably still buy the game because I have had fun playing it.

Devs, maybe an optional timer? At least we should get extra points for finishing a level quickly?

Thank you and happy gaming to all!

ETA: after playing for a while, I have a few other suggestions to the Devs. I think this game is much easier than the others. Perhaps an Easy or Hard mode? Also, if I do not use the hammer on a web, please give me some extra points for that. It almost seems like cheating to have a hammer. Make us work for those little letters. Also I noticed that a lot of the letters are spelling out the same words over and over in different houses. Minor complaint, but surely there are enough words in the world to have some differences.

Edited on 09/23/2011 at 1:42:01 PM PST

Bonniesan
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Bonniesan on Sep 23, 11 7:39 AM
Match 3 games are not what I usually like, but I've always liked the Rainbow Web games because of the unique strategy part of it. Bought this one, also.

I too miss the timer, though...it kind of takes some of the challenge out of it without it.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Sep 23, 11 8:47 AM
I hate TIME games...BUT I do agree that they should have given the choice of clock.
That way like said you could earn xtra !!

I WILL b buying this game for the fact they put in the NO time. even in school & college I hated to b times.

Happy Gaming

PEN

barbaralbb
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by barbaralbb on Sep 23, 11 9:07 AM
I have Rainbow Web for my iPhone and love it. Never tried it on my laptop and am downloading. Wheneven I'm in line or waiting at the "drive-up", I get out my phone version and play. Love those HOG's but Match 3 is just what's called for when I need to relax.... and they require surprisingly complex strategy.

Thank BFG for giving options/variety for your "fishies"!

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Sep 23, 11 9:28 AM
SORRY, if i misspelled anything I was on my cell while typing...

OFF to DEMO

THX for the reviews AWESOME JOB!!!

PEN

[Post New]by lefteyeshut on Sep 23, 11 10:33 AM
I just love these games i think thay are both beautifull and soothing.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Sep 23, 11 10:38 AM
I have bought the other Rainbow Web games and enjoyed them. I like this one too and for me, I don't really miss the timer.. but guess it would be nice to be able to choose. I think this is one of the better Match 3 games and think anyone who enjoys this type of game will really like it. It's a 6 out of 10 for me...

LittleFish884
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,181 Posts

[Post New]by LittleFish884 on Sep 23, 11 3:35 PM
I downloaded the trial, but from the start wasn't that impressed as the images where badly pixilated.Then when trying to exit the game, the game refused to closed & I had to close with the task manager.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Sep 23, 11 5:17 PM
I thought the graphics were grainy too. Other than that I found the game too slow paced for my taste. I was bored quickly. I hope others enjoy it.

12george
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by 12george on Sep 23, 11 7:06 PM
Seems like i have been waiting for this game forever..I have the other Rainbow Web's and i loved them and i love this one too...I bought it right away and am not disappointed....Thanks Mr Big Fish!!!! You made this granny very happy !!!

Kizmit
Clownfish
Clownfish
585 Posts

[Post New]by Kizmit on Sep 23, 11 7:41 PM
The Developer is Sugar Games.
I know a lot of players hate timers but I was disappointed to see there was no timer in this trial. I liked the timer in the first 2 Rainbow Web editions. In 'Rainbow Web 1' & 'Rainbow Web 2' the timer is not a killer timer like Cradle of Rome! There is also a Hammer power up which I thought was odd at first because 'why would you need a hammer if there is no timer?' but it looks like it may actually come in handy as the levels progress. This game also looks like it will be quite lengthy. 110 levels in 11 locations and 12 different types of webs. Also a few jig saws and hidden object puzzles thrown in. I have 12 minutes left on the trial and did not finish the first location. I absolutely loved the first two Rainbow Webs so I will buy this one too. I need to see how it ends up!
I hope everyone has a Fun weekend!
Kizmit

Edited on 09/26/2011 at 2:04:49 PM PST

hilde21
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by hilde21 on Sep 23, 11 7:55 PM
Horrific week at work. This game is the perfect antidote!

TigerJo714
Stingray
Stingray
5,122 Posts

[Post New]by TigerJo714 on Sep 23, 11 9:14 PM
I guess I am going to be the dissenter here: I really really need a new M3 game - been playing all mine over & over. I was excited to see a M3 as TGT, but ... I am not a Raibow Web fan . Cannot wait for Cradle of Egypt. Enjoy this one to all those fishies it appeals to. Happy gaming all.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Sep 23, 11 10:35 PM
I have RW 1&2 and thoroughly enjoyed playing both, so getting this one was never in question if it was at all playable. lol. Knew after the first 10 minutes that I would get it but didn't stop playing until I had restored the Tailor shop completely.
I love the HOGS and stuff but ever now and then I want to relax and enjoy something else and this fits the bill nicely. Graphics are great, I find the music soothing and I like that there is no timer, though I understand that some would like to have one and wonder why the Devs didn't put in a choice this time. I have had no tech problems with it at all. So thanks Devs for bringing us another great game in this series and thanks for presenting it to us. Off to buy!
Happy Gaming All

Worth it?

[Post New]by falconr3 on Sep 24, 11 3:50 AM
Hi, I'm confused, is this game worth it?

Michou3
Herring
Herring
398 Posts

[Post New]by Michou3 on Sep 24, 11 11:31 AM
I really enjoyed the time trial, so I bought the game. The colours are bright and make the game appealing, in addition to having a story attached to the game. However, there was a downside for me, and I don't know if it hapened to anybody else: When I continued playing the game after buying it, I had to start over because my progress wasn't kept.

I guess it's not that bad...

Go to: