doodle720
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

I am sick of demons!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by doodle720 on Sep 23, 11 1:57 AM
Just when you think they can't possibly get anymore demonic!
Enough is enough BF! I know of 5 people this month alone that has left BF for this reason. This game is way demonic and should have "demonic\occult" warning on it.

doodle720
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:I am sick of demons!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by doodle720 on Sep 23, 11 2:19 AM

I couldn't agree more!!!!!!

doodle720
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by doodle720 on Sep 23, 11 2:21 AM
And one more time because it seems BF is not getting these messages!

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by crypsynight on Sep 23, 11 6:27 AM
I actually don't mind demon stories - mind you can't comment on this one coz couldn't get it to play......

dancer22
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by dancer22 on Sep 23, 11 6:48 AM
More than 75% of all hidden object/adventure games have OCCULT SUBJECT MATTER. Then, INCLUDE time management ,kids games , match 3 ,and puzzle games which also have witches, devils, potions, pentagrams,voodoo, etc , AND THE STATS GET HIGHER. Since the Harry Potter and Vampire movies have come out delelopers seem to think that EVERY game has to include some content of the DARK religion. I have to check the walkthrough on each game before I buy to see the content. Having a rating of OSM , occult subject matter,would help.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 23, 11 7:25 AM
You shouldn`t blame BigFish, they are not the ones who make those games. BigFish only distribute them for us to buy or not to buy. It`s the game makers you want to complain to.

I really don`t care what theme a game has, whether it`s occult, fairytale or missing brother/father/sister/daughter/mother/gran. So long the gamplay is is entertaining and interesting, the graphics are good, the HOS aren`t overly cluttered, and the puzzles are intriguing yet doable, I am happy.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Sep 23, 11 7:32 AM
I agree with you, Valdy. The only thing I don't care for is gory sceens. Picking up body parts does not apeal to me, so I don't purchase games like that.

Riverman73
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Riverman73 on Sep 23, 11 8:38 AM
Some other people here, like me, get 'sick' of the people constantly whining about occult themes / demons in games that BFG offers. What is occult in your view, might be enjoyable for others. Its all subjective.

I am respecting peoples personal views, but it can get annoying when people keep repeating there griefs about certain types of games.

Next to that, BFG is NOT a religious or evangelical gaming site, as far as i can tell its a secular company which goal it is to make profit.

Edited on 09/23/2011 at 8:40:14 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 23, 11 8:52 AM
jcsgame wrote:I agree with you, Valdy. The only thing I don't care for is gory sceens. Picking up body parts does not apeal to me, so I don't purchase games like that.

Oh, I agree. For instance, I never bought the REDRUM games - too nasty for me. LOL

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Sep 23, 11 10:05 AM
Personally I have no issue with demonic themes to a game; if demons actually existed and were seen to have done 'evil', then perhaps a game based on them might be objectionable. But mostly demons are conjured by those who need a reason for certain behaviour and something to blame; 'I killed him because a demon had possessed me'. Complete rubbish of course; demons don't exist therefore cannot influence you or your thoughts or actions.

And it's a game. No-one is suggesting you embrace the occult or whatever and nothing bad will happen because you played a game with those themes.

What I find objectionable are games based on true crimes. There have been a couple released on here which I wouldn't touch. A game based on a real murder is not a game; it's an insult to the memory of the person involved and their family. Just my opinion.

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on Sep 23, 11 1:26 PM
I agree that these demonic games are getting way out of hand. Evil is evil no matter what you believe. I wonder about the minds of the developers that create these games. How can your mind think of such horrible darkness. Will there come a day when good no longer destroys evil. God help us then. Don't bother
replying to this, I know that evil is not only in games.

jumbo2765
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

I am sick of demons!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by jumbo2765 on Sep 23, 11 1:26 PM

Edited on 09/27/2011 at 5:12:21 PM PST

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Sep 23, 11 1:54 PM
I am all for everyone having the right to their own opinion, you play a demo, it has something you dont like or agree with, its simple.

Uninstall the demo and DONT buy it. Most days I come on here and it is one of those match the colored tiles, bubbles or whatever. Like Bejeweled type of games where you have to make 3 or more of the same colored whatever shape align with each other OR its a Farm game or some other SIM game.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Sep 23, 11 2:30 PM
good always wins in all these games, so are stories where good triumphs also evil???if so i can think of some books that mention the devil, and he loses,,,wont mention the book tho..

witches simply believe in natural healing, occult only means hidden.

and i love the minds of storytellers, like Steven King, or Dean coontz, evil always loses in thier stories too,

i dont understand people who think these stories in games are evil....i have never saw one casual game where the evil entity wins....

so in reality, they are more about good, being better then evil...thats mho anyway

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 23, 11 3:45 PM
Hello everyone,

As there is a Comments thread, I will be locking this thread so that we can reserve the Game Forum for game tips/help and questions. You can find the Comments thread by clicking here.

Also, please keep in mind that one of our Forum Rules is stated as such:

*Avoid religious or political topics. The forums are a friendly place for everyone, and these topics often lead to angry posts and hurt feelings. Posts on these topics will be locked or removed.

Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Edited on 09/29/2011 at 9:38:57 AM PST

Go to: