PurrrThang
Herring
Herring
394 Posts

Comments for Rainbow Web 3

[Post New]by PurrrThang on Sep 23, 11 6:58 AM
After giving this a forty minute trial I have to say I didn't care for it except that learning to find matches in a web like that this would be good for my mind because it doesn't naturally work that way. Maybe it's because everything isn't touching like in most match 3s and I had to really think more. But it got boring. It's missing something for me. To me it isn't interesting to fix up buildings. I have 3 games with match 3s in them. Farmscapes I love except that I don't want to stop and do the same **** scenes all the time. I also really love the match 3s in Phantasmat but you need to play the game between the match 3s there. The third one I have is Lost in Reefs which I liked and did it at least twice but want something different now. Any suggestion would be great. I'll have 6 punch card codes to use next month, 5 I have to use or they expire.

Thanks for any help.

Re:Comments for Rainbow Web 3

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 23, 11 7:44 AM
Did you try Cradlle of Rome and Cradle of Persia. They are great!

And you can always give a code to Felix Fairy.

kimcol
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by kimcol on Sep 26, 11 4:08 PM
I was enjoying this game, and was disappointed when the trial ended. It was challenging at times, trying to figure out how to make matches, and I enjoyed restoring the rooms (I completed the first room and had almost finished the second). I also enjoyed the mini game I played after restoring the first room. It looks like it will take a while to finish. There wasn't pressure from a timer, but I believe you get more points if you finish sooner. I think it would be nice to have this game for when I need a break from the games I usually like to play (HOG/adventure). Will probably use a game credit.

jupiter51
Herring
Herring
383 Posts

[Post New]by jupiter51 on Sep 26, 11 7:57 PM
I have all 3 of them now. I bought the first one from RA and then when I set up a new computer I bought it again from BFG. I play it quite often and couldn't do without it. Then I bought the 2nd one from BFG. I found I didn't like it as much as the first. I loved the webs but hated doing the image puzzles and hidden objects over and over again. A skip would have been nice. However, when hunting for games for my iPhone I bought it again and found I love playing it on my phone. Go figure! This 3rd one is the best one. Interesting webs mixed with puzzles that so far don't seem boring. So far.....

Oh, the webs though, I really, really love the webs!!!

rockey69
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by rockey69 on Oct 26, 11 5:50 AM
I like the **** games but also like the match 3 games too, for something different. I have been thinking of doing the Rainbow games, I think I will try it after reading the reviews,
Thanks everyone

agrimony
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by agrimony on Apr 17, 12 10:18 PM
I really really like this game. I tried the demo and found it was a definite by for me. I do have one complaint though. I have not seen others mention this so it must be just me who gets irritated with this, but when playing the web it does a sparkly thing, that is the only way I can explain it. It kinda does a sparkly swirl and that distracts my concentration. If that was out of the game it would be absolutely perfect. I have only played the demo on rainbow web 1 & 2 and really like those also.
I am very glad it does not have a timer, for I have medical problems with my hands and am not good with timed games. But yes I agree with the others, there should be a choice if you want to use a timer or not. That would give others the chance to enjoy the game challenge they like.
I did go into the Options of the game to see if that sparkly function could be turned off and did not find any way to do that, so I guess it is something that is there to stay.
Still loved the game though and enjoy playing (even through the irritation LOL). Keep up the good work Dev's and BFG. Thanks for all your work.

Go to: