bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

Post any Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Sep 24, 11 12:13 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 09/28/2011 at 10:02:21 AM PST

Re:Post any Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek technical issues here only

[Post New]by pianolady on Sep 24, 11 7:03 AM
I am having trouble reading the text - especially in the hidden object scenes. The words are broken and multi-colored. Is there a fix for this issue? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it didn't help. Thanks!

[Post New]by pgaugy on Sep 24, 11 7:55 AM
I'm also having problems reading the broken text.

[Post New]by SilverAlexis on Sep 24, 11 8:49 AM
I think I would like the game and possibly purchase it, but I have the same issue as other posters here. The text is undreadable. The very first letter is all that has 'color' to it (white) and the rest is so dark it is useless. Anyone have a fix? Will there be a game update?

OAPPAT
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by OAPPAT on Sep 24, 11 8:57 AM
just purchased this game and now have great big black blocks showing up all over th place. These appear to be when action needs to be taken and is also interfering with games

any ideas anyone

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Sep 24, 11 11:54 AM
I am having the same problem with the text, I decided never to get upset anymore with DEV's and BF, I save money when they have bugs and glitches in there games..I would have bought the game but if i buy something i expect for the game to work right..
Sorry BF Please get a fix for this game so others can enjoy there game..

[Post New]by Paintedspoon on Sep 24, 11 12:02 PM
Also having the text problem so probably won't buy this and that's too bad as it looks interesting, but have had to use the hint button a lot to find things I didn't know what I was even looking for!

TiggerAnn
Clownfish
Clownfish
664 Posts

[Post New]by TiggerAnn on Sep 24, 11 2:42 PM
Yep, I am having the same problem with the text. Bought the game and was looking forward to playing it this afternoon. Hope someone has a solution soon.

[Post New]by speedygca on Sep 24, 11 2:43 PM
Having the same issues with the text. I would buy this game but can't read the text.

[Post New]by SilverAlexis on Sep 24, 11 5:12 PM
I am starting to wonder why this forum for technical issues exists if no one at BFG is going to monitor or answer our questions. The first post about the issue was at 7 this morning. I love this site, but customer service has definitely gone down hill. Between the horrible new game manager and the bugs in every other game, it's becoming frustrating enough to buy elsewhere.

A shame too, because I really think I would have liked this game.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Sep 24, 11 5:16 PM
I am sorry some are having problems with the text. I bought the game as a CE and had no problems at all. Today, I downloaded the free trial of the SE (just for something to do!). There were no text display problems in the SE either (for me). Have you contacted customer support? It may be Monday before they can answer as I think they're off on weekends. If you can get the game to display properly, I think you will really enjoy it...I did!!

[Post New]by SilverAlexis on Sep 24, 11 6:16 PM
I played the CE and there were no text issues, therefore it isn't my display or my graphics card or my computer. And since the free trial is over, even if I re-downloaded the SE, I wouldn't be able to play to see if it was fixed.

And I do understand they are off on weekends, but if you are going to post a new game every day, there should be some monitoring of the site, in my opinion. And trust me, I have been a member for 5 years, so I am not bashing BFG. But I have noticed a decline in the customer service that used to be stellar.

Inanga
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Inanga on Sep 25, 11 12:34 AM
Too dark for me - hard to see anything.

AussieMoo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by AussieMoo on Sep 25, 11 2:46 AM
I thought it was just me, also having problems reading the broken text.

[Post New]by ArtifexMundi on Sep 25, 11 2:59 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just wanted to let you know that here at Artifex Mundi we are already working on the text displaying issue. Any more help from you on the matter, especially some screenshots, would be mostly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Artifex Mundi Team

Edited on 09/25/2011 at 3:00:38 AM PST

AussieMoo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by AussieMoo on Sep 25, 11 3:37 AM
Thanks, Artifex Mundi, nice to see you're on it. Have emailed mine on through.

[Post New]by SilverAlexis on Sep 25, 11 6:22 AM
Thanks for the info ArtifexMundi, because I DO really want to purchase this game. It seemed really good.

Unfortunately I can't send any screenshots since the trial is over. But I will mention that the text issues start on the Loading page, and even exists on the menu and options page.

[Post New]by dramamama61 on Sep 25, 11 9:51 AM
Thank you developers for jumping in to help!! I noticed the lines right away, in fact I wiped my screen as I thought my screen was dirty. I will definitely buy when it is fixed.

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Sep 25, 11 11:23 AM
AussieMoo wrote:Thanks, Artifex Mundi, nice to see you're on it. Have emailed mine on through.

Thanks, AussieMoo. I'm also having problems with text - bought SE without trying because I had already played some of the CE demo and liked it. Hope the problem gets fixed soon!

Gail

[Post New]by SilverAlexis on Sep 25, 11 1:13 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that the developer is soooooooo on this. They have emailed some, received screen shots of the issue and are diligently trying to solve. Such a refreshing thing to see the developer so involved. Maybe they do take customer satisfaction to heart.

Go to: