carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

Scoring, Editing Levels and Help

[Post New]by carolinacat on Jan 8, 09 5:45 AM
I love solitaire games and Heartwild Solitaire is beautiful and relaxing. But when I played for a while, purchased the game, and then wanted to see how to increase scoring, the Help menu was no help at all.

There's no help with how to score except when you play the game and you do score, a line tells you the score was increased because of something you did. I have to make out my own sheet while playing so I know what the scoring rules are and how to get a better score.

The Help section should also tell you how to use the Level Editor and button marked More Levels.

I don't care for the story line but as long as I can skip it, I'm OK with having it there for those who like the stories. I like the beauty of a game, the graphics, and ability to make moves quickly. I also like a game that lasts a while and is different each time, because then you feel you're getting the most out of money spent on a game.

Small improvement will make this game more enjoyable for a wider audience, IMHO.

OtekOrchid
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Scoring, Editing Levels and Help

[Post New]by OtekOrchid on Jan 8, 09 7:38 AM
Hi!

I'm Orchid Games team member (game developer) and I will try to explain game scoring to you. But first - thanks for buying the game. We're very happy that you like it

Scoring:

For every pair you get a base of 50 points. Also, there is a bonus meter in the right side of view - base points are multiplied by it's level.

Also there are additional bonuses:

For every Special Card (like Undo, Retry, etc.) you get additional points (150)
Speed Bonus (250) - you get it when you match 3 pairs fast enough
Perfect Match Bonus (200) - it's for matching pairs of same color cards (Ace of Spades + Ace of Spades)
Sequence Bonus - it's for matching pairs in sequences (2+2, then 3+3, then 4+4, etc. - up or down) this bonus starts with 100 points and goes up by 100 every time you match next pair in sequence.
Full Sequence bonus (1000) - you get it when you're sequence reaches 13 pairs (full sequence)

Holders Clear (500) at the end of level if your card holder's (right from deck) are clear
Table Clear (1000) at the end of level when there are no cards on the table.

As for the strategy - which bonuses are the best for huge overall score - try to figure it out by yourself

Level Editor has it's own Help screen - it's simple but we didn't want to make it too complicated.

More Levels is the place when you can choose and play user created levels (in Editor you can try levels one by one but here you can play all levels as one Adventure)

Hope that it will help a little bit... Enjoy the game !

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Jan 8, 09 9:28 AM
Thanks for the information! I'll print that out and use it. I'll try the Editor later on, and I'll try more levels when clever players create some new ones.

Solitaire is just a relaxing type of game where you can use your brain and hopefully keep it "younger" longer...

I will look forward to buying more of your games in the future! Thanks also to BigFish for providing such a wide variety of games daily to choose from.

shuttlegrannyjo
Catfish
Catfish
1,575 Posts

[Post New]by shuttlegrannyjo on Jan 9, 09 1:53 PM
Hi, OtekOrchid!

Love this game and replay it over and over.

More Levels is the place when you can choose and play user created levels (in Editor you can try levels one by one but here you can play all levels as one Adventure)

Glad you wrote that because I have been trying to figure out where to get the extra levels.
I misunderstood when I bought the game and thought that it was like some other games where you could download extra levels.
So that disappoints me a little because I'm hopeless when trying to create puter things.

But the game, itself, is awesome and has a lot of replay value.

Thanks again for a very nice game!

Edited on 01/09/2009 at 1:56:33 PM PST

[Post New]by goldenpixie1 on Jan 18, 09 9:51 AM
Thanks for the info on the extra levels! Are there plans to house user created levels anywhere for us to download from (kinda like Maj Jong Eternity - I think that's what it's called)? Or will you be publishing an add-on for the game that gives us more levels?

Overall though, I LOVE this game! The graphics are beautiful, the music is soothing, the whole game is soothing. I thoroughly enjoy it!

[Post New]by Darek_Rusin on Jan 21, 09 7:03 AM
Hey goldenpixie1 (and others),

Yep, you're right. We will be hosting user created levels on [removed by moderator].

[removed by moderator]. It's a free download and will also work with versions you have purchased via Big Fish, so everyone's invited!

Have fun

Edited on 09/10/2010 at 3:12:57 PM PST

mkrum
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by mkrum on Jun 26, 10 6:34 PM
I sent an earlier message but had no reply.
My question is:

Why do some sections give a double score at the end? I may have earned 20,000 points while playing through a section, but the total score at the bottom flips ahead another 20,000. This happens 2 or 3 times while playing one game.

What is it that triggers this extra score?

caircair
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by caircair on Jan 10, 13 2:58 AM
It appears the moderator has removed the information on how to access the extra levels. Are they still available? If so, how can I get them? I bought the game thru BigFish.

Go to: