bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Hanging Gardens of Babylon

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 25, 11 12:05 AM
The year is 605 BC and Egyptian assassins are quickly approaching Babylon city to try and conquer it. Only the Queen can stop the invasion, but she needs your help. Use your keen eye in this hidden object puzzle adventure to find the necessary items and save Babylon City!

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

Re:Hanging Gardens of Babylon

[Post New]by nomatt on Sep 25, 11 12:20 AM
Six minutes and deleted, although I knew before that really. Firstly I couldn't skip any of the intro cut scenes, and I really wanted to. The music seems tacked on, the graphics are colourful but not very good quality and there are sparkles everywhere. It almost seemed like a retro game harking back 15 years.
I'm sure some people will quite like it but a definite no no for me.

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Sep 25, 11 12:27 AM
Its quite terrible. I was really hoping for a CE today, I don't buy them but would have liked to sample one. boo hiss! There are sparkles everywhere but my issue is the sound effects and the music. The music is so annoying and it gives you points for finding objects but if you misclick too many times it takes away points and makes the most horrible noise. Its so annoying which means Id be playing this game on mute and whats the point? They aren't just sparkles, they are huge stars lol Im good on this one.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 25, 11 12:28 AM
After 15 minutes I delete the game. It's look good but the game is boring. You can't skip the intro.

No buy for me.

sandyterryb
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by sandyterryb on Sep 25, 11 12:30 AM
One of the most boring hogs in a long time. Hated you couldn`t get out of the intro. Penalized for clicking to many times. Horrible boink when you hit on the wrong object. Objects poorly drawn. Music repetitive and irritating. Where`s our Sunday CE?????

Edited on 09/25/2011 at 12:32:08 AM PST

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Sep 25, 11 12:32 AM
Thanks for the heads up! I thought it looked pretty awful - and old too. Won't bother to download.

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Sep 25, 11 12:33 AM
vicalana wrote:Thanks for the heads up! I thought it looked pretty awful - and old too. Won't bother to download.

I thought it did too but I thought Id give it a chance. Now if I could just get that dang music out of my head...

roxycavalier
Stingray
Stingray
5,621 Posts

[Post New]by roxycavalier on Sep 25, 11 12:40 AM
Lasted only 3 to 4 minutes and exited ASAP. This is a very bad game!!!

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Sep 25, 11 12:42 AM
You cannot change the cursor so it took me ages to actually get to the quit button. At least tit sounds as though I am not missing much!

kitkat725
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by kitkat725 on Sep 25, 11 12:43 AM
How awful! I was counting on a good CE, very disappointing. What happened to regular HOG games that aren't CE's? I'm not referring to SE's but those games that aren't CE's to start with.

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Sep 25, 11 12:44 AM
Awful. The game features a draggy beginning which you can't skip, multiple errors in English ("the king's absence burdened queen's heart" instead of "the queen's heart," for example), penalties if you click too many of the wrong items (and unpleasant noises when you click the wrong thing), distractingly loud music (not great if you happen like late-night gaming and your housemates don't) and a minigame that...well, I'd better describe this slowly.

The minigame requires you to trace what most resembles a Star of David with a golden dagger. This would be fine if you could pick up the golden dagger and hang onto it. Unfortunately, the dagger vanishes the moment that it touches the star. I tried this multiple times, and the dagger vanished each time. Nor does tracing the star without the dagger work. Also, the skip button for this minigame does not load, so unless you can figure out how to get past a non-functioning minigame, you are stalled there.

The game really is not ready for release.

joray2
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by joray2 on Sep 25, 11 12:46 AM
Wow,let's go back in time! This game must of been made a while back. You can't skip the movie at the beginning. My first **** and it asked for a necklace,clicked on the one on the bed,not it,clicked on the one on the chest of drawers,not it. Minus 10 points from my score and I said Good-night Irene! Horrible game!

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Sep 25, 11 12:47 AM
I'm joining the chorus of discontent, lol I managed 14 minutes by the GM clock, so I think i gave it a fair chance, lol.

For those who are still 'beginners' with HOGs, it might be okay, but i found the music very predictable and repetitive. I did not like losing points for misclicking, the sparkles were indeed as big as flashy stars, and I am not sure, but it looked like it might actually be timed (My apologies to the Devs - GamesHastra - if I am wrong).

The HOG scenes are very cluttered, and because of the theme, extremely bright (I should have put on my , lol). The loading was a leeetle slow between scenes, but not as bad as some other games I have played, there are no voices, and there is too much to read before you can even get to the game. Nor can it be skipped.

This could have been a really good game, but because it is really just a straight HOG with a few mini puzzles (I only did one), I think it will disappoint a lot of people who prefer more interaction in their games. Sorry Devs, better luck next time.

Jen.

Qismet
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Qismet on Sep 25, 11 12:57 AM
Man what a stinker of a game. Fun factor is zilch. Graphics are inferior. Music serves only to be annoying, not something that adds to the game. A no buy under any circimstances.

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Sep 25, 11 1:00 AM
Tried my usual 30 min tryout. Lasted only 19 min. and only because I was hoping for something to catch my interest. It is pretty much a straight HOG game with what seems to be a repetitive progressive puzzle game.It is a shame because it has some beautiful bright colorful graphics a nice change of pace from dark and gloomy. Unfortunately very boring can not recommend.

Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

[Post New]by Martyheinz on Sep 25, 11 1:00 AM
Might be good for someone just beginning with Hidden Object games but not for me. Can't skip dialog and cut scenes are boring.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Sep 25, 11 1:04 AM
Sorry .... not a buy for me. For the same reasons above. I don't want to repeat them, that's not necessary. I've just played 5 mn and deleted the game.

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Sep 25, 11 1:13 AM
kitkat725 wrote:How awful! I was counting on a good CE, very disappointing. What happened to regular HOG games that aren't CE's? I'm not referring to SE's but those games that aren't CE's to start with.

Just downloading so no comments yet except that I totally agree with you about regular games. I do buy some CEs because I get desperate for a good game and doing that, I soon earn bonus games. Problem is there's very little to spend them on!

We had a good puzzle game this week (World Mosaic) but apart from that, there hasn't been much to use my 4 bonus games on from last month. Maybe BF will have a rethink about this and allow us to use say 2 bonuses on CE's.

poggyapoo
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by poggyapoo on Sep 25, 11 1:17 AM
janspack wrote:
kitkat725 wrote:How awful! I was counting on a good CE, very disappointing. What happened to regular HOG games that aren't CE's? I'm not referring to SE's but those games that aren't CE's to start with.

Just downloading so no comments yet except that I totally agree with you about regular games. I do buy some CEs because I get desperate for a good game and doing that, I soon earn bonus games. Problem is there's very little to spend them on!

We had a good puzzle game this week (World Mosaic) but apart from that, there hasn't been much to use my 4 bonus games on from last month. Maybe BF will have a rethink about this and allow us to use say 2 bonuses on CE's.

Totally agree with you! I have four game codes but nothing to use them on. I was expecting a CE today too. Now have to wait til Thursday .

Edited on 09/25/2011 at 1:21:05 AM PST

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Sep 25, 11 1:24 AM
Rhysdux wrote:
The minigame requires you to trace what most resembles a Star of David with a golden dagger. This would be fine if you could pick up the golden dagger and hang onto it. Unfortunately, the dagger vanishes the moment that it touches the star. I tried this multiple times, and the dagger vanished each time. Nor does tracing the star without the dagger work. Also, the skip button for this minigame does not load, so unless you can figure out how to get past a non-functioning minigame, you are stalled there.

Just a hint re. the mini game w/ the dagger: You click with the dagger on one angle in the star where you think you should start for completing the task. The dagger goes back to your INV, and you get a sort of red symbol in the star. You then click on the next angle in the star (that you can reach via the line where you are) with the normal cursor, next red symbol. And so on.
And I believe the Skip button does not load until you have started (from the game's POV <g> ).

On the whole, I agree... repetitive task, and overall a straight HOG, not my cup of tea.

Edited on 09/25/2011 at 1:26:02 AM PST

Go to: