Post any Hanging Gardens of Babylon technical issues here only

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on Sep 25, 11 12:41 AM
Well, this demo trial was an EXTREMELY short one, for me. The game shows a short introductory cutscene, explaining about the history of the Babylonian Hanging Gardens. The first time it showed this "cutscene" to me, it was very informative. Then, it somehow "relooped itself" into playing the exact same "cutscene" again, only this time it was "flashing" the scene, really rapidly - so fast and bright, that if I had had a seizure disorder, it might have triggered a seizure!

When it finally got to the place where you can sign in your name, I did so. However, when I attempted to click on the "Options", "Exit", or "Play" sections, they kept flickering so fast, that my cursor got completely lost in the fray. Thus, I ended up having to "soft boot" my computer, to get the game to shutdown. Needless to say, I won't be buying this game!

Rainbow

Edited on 09/25/2011 at 8:53:46 AM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Re:Technical Problems and Glitches

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Sep 25, 11 1:51 AM
After getting absolutely nowhere clicking on the second scene I exited the game via Pause, Main Menu and then quit only to find an ...

Error AccessViolation at 0x10161A6E (tried to read from 0x00000000) program terminated.

No buy .

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Sep 25, 11 2:25 AM
cherbtoo wrote:After getting absolutely nowhere clicking on the second scene I exited the game via Pause, Main Menu and then quit only to find an ...

Error AccessViolation at 0x10161A6E (tried to read from 0x00000000) program terminated.

No buy .

Same here Cherb. Personally I think this game isn't fit for my Windows 7 system. I couldn't even click on the door on the left, so I stopped right there and then.

No buy here either.

stevieferr
Clownfish
Clownfish
770 Posts

[Post New]by stevieferr on Sep 25, 11 4:44 AM
I got TRIAL EXPIRED even though ive never played it....has there been a CE version of this game

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Sep 25, 11 7:49 AM
I played it on my Win7 laptop and didn't have a problem.

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by moesart on Sep 25, 11 8:51 AM
This is sort of like "couldn't click on the snake in another game. I had a map and a lock to find and the hint indicated (I think the map) the location and I clicked 20 times (Which cost me $200) and nothing happened.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Re:Post any Hanging Gardens of Babylon technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Sep 25, 11 8:54 AM
Hi fishies,

Thanks for getting this thread started. I've got it stickied now!

-bfgHondo

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Sep 25, 11 8:54 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Access Violation
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Sep 25, 11 12:31 PM
Error AccessViolation at 0x10161A6E (tried to read from 0x00000000) program terminated. This message shows up each time I exit the game. Looks like a pass for me

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Sep 25, 11 3:59 PM
Opening graphic of the hanging gardens was stunning, the text was informative. I was able to type in my name although the screen continuously flashed, but couldn't find my mouse pointer and had to hit enter. Image continued to flash, no mouse pointer. If this is a compatability problem, certainly no buy for me. A shame because it looked so promising.

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Sep 25, 11 10:50 PM
crowtrobot wrote:Opening graphic of the hanging gardens was stunning, the text was informative. I was able to type in my name although the screen continuously flashed, but couldn't find my mouse pointer and had to hit enter. Image continued to flash, no mouse pointer. If this is a compatability problem, certainly no buy for me. A shame because it looked so promising.

Same problem here, although it was fine until I entered my name then the flashing began and no mouse. Too bad, it looked pretty to me.

smjjames
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by smjjames on Sep 26, 11 9:38 AM
I didn't have any flashing issues though. However, in the starting scene, is the V of birds suppoused to be flying backwards? They just look like they're flying backwards to me. I know it could be an inverted V, but birds don't usually do that.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 26, 11 2:08 PM
Hey Old_Man_River, please take a look at the following help article to see if there might be some helpful troubleshooting steps: Access Violation.

crowtrobot and CelticCoco, you may want to see if going through a couple of the steps outlined in the following help article might help: Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen.

If you continue to have any troubles, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) so that our reps can help resolve any issues. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Housen
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Housen on Sep 26, 11 5:05 PM
crowtrobot wrote:Opening graphic of the hanging gardens was stunning, the text was informative. I was able to type in my name although the screen continuously flashed, but couldn't find my mouse pointer and had to hit enter. Image continued to flash, no mouse pointer. If this is a compatability problem, certainly no buy for me. A shame because it looked so promising.

I had absolutely the same problem. If anyone knows a fix, I hope it gets posted.

distantsmoke
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

Couldn't play

[Post New]by distantsmoke on Sep 27, 11 9:28 AM
I downloaded the trial version to see if I would like it. When I started the game, the screen flickered and the cursor was nowhere to be seen. I had to control alt delete to stop it. Couldn't play at all.

VelvetRose55
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by VelvetRose55 on Oct 8, 11 4:07 PM
When I got to the first room to look for the hidden objects I was told to find a necklace. I saw four. But when I clicked on any of them I got points deducted.

[Post New]by Dvakat on Nov 3, 11 8:20 AM
moesart wrote:This is sort of like "couldn't click on the snake in another game. I had a map and a lock to find and the hint indicated (I think the map) the location and I clicked 20 times (Which cost me $200) and nothing happened.

I have the same problem. Temple of Marduk and it won't let me collect the map. it does nothing.

[Post New]by Dvakat on Nov 3, 11 8:22 AM
VelvetRose55 wrote:When I got to the first room to look for the hidden objects I was told to find a necklace. I saw four. But when I clicked on any of them I got points deducted.

It around the lion head.

fiascooo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by fiascooo on Jul 15, 13 8:57 PM
this game SUCKS too!!! the game went to the second room with 2 doors and no key to be found and no dagger to open either doors. I will never buy a game without playing it first. and this one was NO BUY!!! the 1 hour time frame wouldn't be nearly longgggggggggggg enough to figure out how to proceed through the 2 doors. or maybe that is the point---there is no point to the game---or maybe the trial is just SUCKING!!! anyway NO BUY and NO RECOMMEND!!! RUN AWAY FASTTTTTTTT!!!

Go to: