skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

Length of Game?

[Post New]by skr041300 on Sep 25, 11 10:29 AM
Any opinions on length of game and bonus section?

jaybird3939
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

Re:Length of Game?

[Post New]by jaybird3939 on Sep 25, 11 2:51 PM
Really disappointed in game length. Usually a game will take me the better part of a weekend to complete. I was done with this one early Saturday Morning (played it all night, but that's not unusual), including bonus game. Never would have bought CE if I'd known i was going to get gypped. Plus, did not like set up of "strategy guide". I used hint button much more. Again, REALLY disappointed.Not likely to buy a Mystery Legends CE again any time soon! I save up $ for these, and this was not worth it!
Janine

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Sep 25, 11 11:06 PM
Well, it didn't take me that long to play - 3 hours apparently, though I thought it was closer to 5 before I looked at the time. But I've played it 3 times and enjoyed it each time, so worth the money for me.

I only used the SG once, and it pointed me in the right direction, so I have no complaints there.

[Post New]by Rosiemarieny on Oct 5, 11 1:28 AM
Waaaay to short for me, not enough depth. I would have expected a little more game length than three 1/2 hours. I'm mad that I used up my two credits for this one.

[Post New]by sweetygirl1 on Oct 5, 11 8:44 AM
jaybird3939 wrote:Really disappointed in game length. Usually a game will take me the better part of a weekend to complete. I was done with this one early Saturday Morning (played it all night, but that's not unusual), including bonus game. Never would have bought CE if I'd known i was going to get gypped. Plus, did not like set up of "strategy guide". I used hint button much more. Again, REALLY disappointed.Not likely to buy a Mystery Legends CE again any time soon! I save up $ for these, and this was not worth it!
Janine

sfcali
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by sfcali on Oct 9, 11 8:12 PM
It took me about 5 hours... I loved it. As far as H.O.G./Adventure games available, this was by far one of the best. I'm confused at the disappointments... which games are longer than this one?

I also enjoyed the extra chapter -- to me it was worth the extra cost to have that final closure to the story. Maybe I'm too easy to please and do not think of time = cost so closely. Considering that most the hidden object scenes change from game to game, there is also replay value... that plus how beautiful that game is...

Although I truly hated the spider part and wished I could've skipped it.

[Post New]by LapTopDancerr on Oct 11, 11 5:07 AM
Wrote a review on page 8 . So I won't repeat but continues here.
6 hours 11 minutes with 27% accuracy......Is what it said in the "extras" upon completion of the entire game including the bonus. Lost track of time when I finished the main part. Story, visuals and gameplay were stunning. I started the bonus and would've kept playing but I think I fell asleep (I lay in bed with laptop computer when playing before going to sleep for the night) and the screen was still on the main menu where I left off: "are you sure you want to exit" when I woke up. Tonight I completed the entire bonus game. I don't know if the 6 hrs 11 mins pertains to the main game or includes the bonus. Irregardless, it doesn't matter to me because it took a few evenings to play. Really enjoyed the sound, graphics, etc. . Definitely worth the bonus. The game ends properly without the bonus, so the SE will be fine, but on this CE the Bonus is as good as the Main game and brings it to a crescendo. Whatever challenge level you chose initially stays the same through the bonus and they pulled out all the bells and whistles for it. Music, voice all seemed even more intensified. Very ingenious mini games in bonus along with hos. Rarely purchase CEs (most were short or nothing necessary to add to the main game). Glad I bought this one. Bonus really takes you to the end of the game and was very happy I could continue on. Didn't rush. Used the "world map" the most throughout the game, used 2 hints on 2 HOS for entire game and the SG for one mini game in the bonus otherwise this could've easily been a 15 plus hour game for me!

skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by skr041300 on Oct 28, 11 3:29 AM
Thanks for all your responses!

skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts