peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Your Comments for Them:The Summoning

[Post New]by peglegann on Sep 26, 11 12:20 AM
If you enjoyed Hanging Gardens of Babylon, you will enjoy this.
Items really so small almost invisible and an acronym that I have not used for some time. TOTS. The Objects are There Somewhere! LOL!
I gave this demo a try from elsewhere and I will not be DL this today.
The graphics are clear. The options are
Music, sound, brightness, full screen and no option for the cursor.
You unlock extras by finding impossibly small bonus items! LOL!
Sorry, Dev's not for me

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

Re:Your Comments for Them:The Summoning

[Post New]by mamajay on Sep 26, 11 12:32 AM
Thank you peglegann

I wasn't too sure about this one from the description, so I looked at the video, and it just seemed to be click, click, click, lol. I couldn't see any sign of puzzles (although it is supposed to have some I believe), and there wasn't any sign of frogs or ihogs either

So I don't think I will be bothering with this one either - I didn't last very long with the Hanging Gardens of Babylon for much the same reasons - TOTS (love it ) and also boring, sigh.

Ah well, maybe tomorrow, lol.

Jen

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 26, 11 12:34 AM
What a strange game! I played for 30 minutes, but I don't like it. No buy for me.

Sorry!

crabbycat
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by crabbycat on Sep 26, 11 12:37 AM
Well, I only made it about 10 min. I agree with pegleann...too small. I found it rather boring and my acronym ROM..Run of the Mill.. Sorry BF, no buy for me. Oh well, maybe tomorrow.....

bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by bradalex on Sep 26, 11 12:47 AM
Oh no! I am really desparate for a new game, but not this desperate!!!
Oh well, all the old games are getting plenty of exercise.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Sep 26, 11 12:51 AM
I haven't downloaded this game because I found the appearance of the same orangeybrown coloured graphics on all 3 screenshots visually unappealing and, having read the comments above, it only reinforces my decision to not even try it.

kitkat725
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by kitkat725 on Sep 26, 11 12:52 AM
Two awful games in a row! BFG you're better than this! Why are the only good games CE's?

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Sep 26, 11 12:57 AM
Lasted only 19 min. and quit. Another straight Hog with constant loading from scene to scene. The only good thing about the dreaded spot the difference was that the skip button worked immediately. The game seemed to have no focal point, you can not really have a lot of dialogue followed by one HOG scene after another, then more dialogue, another HOG scene,more dialogue.It's like trying to have a conversation with someone and you keep losing track because you are constantly interrupted.Can not recommend. Straight HOG lovers enjoy, not for me.

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Sep 26, 11 12:58 AM
The special objects to open the "extras" are minute and I had it on easy so at least I could see sparkles; otherwise would have never found them. The story line is boring and it is a no buy for me.

Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

[Post New]by Martyheinz on Sep 26, 11 1:13 AM
Boring is being kind. If you wait long enough you get sparkles for the bonus finds in each scene. Not much of a challenge with the bonus items. Sorry I even wasted the trial time.

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on Sep 26, 11 1:13 AM
disappointing, convoluted, small items hard to see, a no buy for this black duck...

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 26, 11 1:14 AM
kitkat725 wrote:Two awful games in a row! BFG you're better than this! Why are the only good games CE's?
I agree! The SE's are terrible.

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Sep 26, 11 1:17 AM
This was a very strange game! A straight HOG , that's for sure with a lot of screen changing and dialogue to skip through. I kinda heaved a sigh or relief when the demo was over. I would rate this a 4 out of 10. Didn't care for it at all.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Sep 26, 11 1:44 AM
I really enjoyed the game, The game was different sometimes different is kool, I liked everything about the game graphics and music,Thx DEV's and BF, This will be a buy for me in the future..

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on Sep 26, 11 1:50 AM
I agree, not worth the time to download this one. I sure was looking forward to something good this week-end, too. I guess I will keep replaying all my old games.

Joy

jbinch
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by jbinch on Sep 26, 11 2:00 AM
Thought I'd give it a try even though (yep) it's all HOG. Items are miniscule but that's okay. What's not okay is that the first time I used the Hint..it hung my system. Couldn't even C-A-D out of it...so no buy for me. Really getting frustrated (again) with the quality of the games.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Sep 26, 11 2:13 AM
One good thing is there isn't a misclick penalty, lol. Items to find are sometimes super tiny, especially the bonus items. You aren't told what they are until you click on one. This will be a challenge to play, but you do have plenty of hints. I do believe this one will be wearing on the eyes, and so will play in spurts.

This game was mentioned many moons ago by Mudrock, and I seem to recall many were disappointed that it didn't come out as expected. I now see why Guess this is as good as as this one could get. Either that, or they just stuck it on the back burner. At least it isn't a dreaded HdO.

BereniceP
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by BereniceP on Sep 26, 11 2:16 AM
Another rubbish game, what is going on BFG. The only good games are CEs and even those this month have not been very good. Very old hat, been there done that.
Desperate for a decent game.

This one is just click, click, click. Impossibly small items - no mini games to really speak of at all.

This is a definite NO BUY for me - sorry.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Sep 26, 11 2:25 AM
cherbtoo wrote:I haven't downloaded this game because I found the appearance of the same orangeybrown coloured graphics on all 3 screenshots visually unappealing and, having read the comments above, it only reinforces my decision to not even try it.

Totally agree. I thought the color in the video was awful and didnt appeal to me at all.
Off to play another old game.

Thought this was going to be a happy game day for me lol

yvonnehoho
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by yvonnehoho on Sep 26, 11 2:43 AM
I like it, and bought it and I'm not disappointed
Finding the bonusses is fun to do
i

Go to: