bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

4 Elements II

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 27, 11 12:05 AM
Misfortune has befallen the magic kingdom again! A careless charm made the formerly wondrous ancient world overcast, beset with darkness and despair. Four fairies of the elements were deprived of their magic power. Be the hero the kingdom seeks: set the fairies of earth, air, fire and water free, and restore the book of magic in the sequel to the renowned puzzle game!

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

Re:4 Elements II

[Post New]by jkuci on Sep 27, 11 12:21 AM

Unfortunately, I couldn't wait and bought this great game from the dev some weeks ago.

Its easier that the original with more mini-games but really beautiful as is the original.

What this regular version of 4 Elements II probably doesn't have is the bonus section of puzzles that are REALLY hard (the CE is sold by the dev).

If you liked the original 4 Elements game, as I still do, then buying this game will be a snap decision.

Edited on 09/27/2011 at 12:23:43 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 27, 11 12:27 AM
I played the demo at the original site, and love everything about this game... except the Match-3 part itself. To me, this is not so much a M3 game, but a "collision of the gems" kind of game. I really don`t see the point in matching 3 gems and then the rest often destroys itself or at least partway through. I also don`t like having to move from left to right or vice versa, but prefer to see the whole of the game board.

Anyway, as I said I love all the rest of it and was very tempted to buy this game, but I just don`t like this particular style of M3 games.

Happy gaming to all of you who have been waiting for this game and like it.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Sep 27, 11 12:31 AM
Instant use of a punch card coupon for me; I loved the first 4 Elements and I'm sure this second part will not disappoint.

SandraSwede
Shark
Shark
14,103 Posts

[Post New]by SandraSwede on Sep 27, 11 1:01 AM
YEAH!!! It's here!

I beta-tested this one and have been waiting for its release.

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Sep 27, 11 1:15 AM
I love these games. They are a fun and different kind of game to play. I was disappointed when the demo hour was up. I would rate it a 9 out of 10.

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Sep 27, 11 3:59 AM
Will be buying it as soon as punch card credits arrive next week. Will have to keep my fingers crossed as it will not run on my desktop pc ( just resets after intro) and first time I tried on the laptop it crashed and gave me blue screen.
Tried again and it seemed ok, I played 15 mins without problems.
Loved the first one so much I even got it for my nintendo as well!

Eta that makes 2 non H.O. games that are must buys within a week with Rainbow Web 3 ready to go as soon as those punches arrive.

Edited on 09/27/2011 at 4:01:07 AM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 27, 11 4:20 AM
I have bought the first 4 Elements game before a few months, but never finished it. I get tired after a while with this game. This game is very similar to part 1. I am not a big fan from these series and won`t buy this game. I especially don`t like the moving screen while playing.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Sep 27, 11 4:27 AM
I too got to beta test this II, but I don't recall seeing a RELAXED option off the timer. I liked the first one up to those last 2 levels and met my Waterloo as many others not swift at hand. So, I was prepped for a disappointment when I d/l now on my laptop - Beautiful, and the timer option is there. I didn't see Options before beginning the game but once it started I saw Menu, backed up and selected Relaxed and custom cursor. Running beautifully on 17" widescreen laptop. At least the cut screens are wide, then reg screen with colored bars.

I'm not a fan of frogs either, especially teensy tiny ones, but hints were generous to get through the first scene, then onto the main play.

btw on my beta comments I screamed loud and clear about that timer before not allowing many of us to complete the game and read the end of the story. Sometime after first release they did hear us and released an update patch slowing down levels 63,64 so after multiple tries I did finally break through and get to read the end of the book.

Yep, I need one more punch by the end of the month and was afraid I'd not find a new SE, so I'm sure I'll give up my last credit here This time it felt like it should feel for me, a very relaxing fun spirited fairy tale game, not a frenzy with a cramped mouse hand. So, all of you other posters who screamed back at the dev before, looks like we were heard. And new features too, the pipeline parts are fun and I even hate those in minigames. Easy play so far, 45 min into the demo.

Thanks Playrix and for the nice month's end surprise.

TigerJo714
Stingray
Stingray
5,122 Posts

[Post New]by TigerJo714 on Sep 27, 11 5:57 AM
I have been waiting for this game (seems like forever) & having it be a soft release is a little confusing - I loved, loved, loved the 1st one and I too think this deserves a "prime time" slot. I really needed a new M3. I am happy tho that I can use a coupon code on it, but I wonder what I'd be missing in the CE version.

The graphics are a huge improvement from the 1st 4 elements. It would have been an instant buy for me regardless, but I just received a discount coupon the other day, so i'm ecstatic. LOL

I really like what I've seen so far; didn't have to play long till I hit the buy button. Thank you Playrix and BFG. It's definitely a gr8 game and at least deserves a demo.

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Sep 27, 11 9:00 AM
i knew i would purchase this game before i had tried it,...now its mine!!!....loved the first one, makes a nice change from hidden object games, for me anyway...thankyou bigfish

spyque
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,211 Posts

[Post New]by spyque on Sep 27, 11 10:59 AM
How much fun can one game possibly be? I may not be a huge match-3 game fan but I instantly fell in love with 4 Elements. I didn't think they could improve upon it, but I was delightfully wrong! 4 Elements II is just such a joy to play!
The colors, the games, the music, it's all just a great mixture of what fun is supposed to be about.
Even my DH, who only listens to the music when I play, enjoys it!

Thank you Playrix, thank you BFG!

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Sep 27, 11 3:19 PM
I wish that BF would have gotten the CE version too, if this SE version is not more challenging than the old on, the I might as well play the old one again, I think that I'll wait and hope BF is getting the CE.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Sep 27, 11 5:51 PM

harlequen wrote:I wish that BF would have gotten the CE version too, if this SE version is not more challenging than the old on, the I might as well play the old one again, I think that I'll wait and hope BF is getting the CE.

The CE version's "Challenge" bonus section of harder M3 puzzles is REALLY hard.
I got thru the 63rd and 64th levels (pretty difficult) of the original 4 Elements several times but I have yet to get thru even the first level of the " Challenge" Bonus section 4 Elements II CE puzzles. The time limit is punishing!

Edited on 09/28/2011 at 10:15:14 AM PST

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Sep 27, 11 7:36 PM
Thank You jkuci for the info, Well, then I think I'll look into this new one, if it's to easy I can always upgrade it. I like when the games a hard to beat, if it's to easy I'm getting boored and fall asleep.

Kala1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Kala1 on Sep 28, 11 4:28 AM
!! I LOVE THIS GAME!! it is one of the best game i ever have, !fantastic!

[Post New]by africanclark on Oct 3, 11 3:03 AM
level 41 hate the blocks anybody know any way around them stuck help

urban1a
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by urban1a on Oct 10, 11 8:34 PM
Level 41 or 45? I am stuck on the blocks on level 45 and this is the first level where I have found that there is no way around them. Unless I can find a cheat, I guess I'll just stop here. Loved the original and loved this one until now.

Bob

Go to: