Reviews for 4 Elements II

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

Reviews for 4 Elements II

[Post New]by TeamSD on Sep 27, 11 12:58 AM
Tried the CE version on the dev site while back ago and loved it!!! I would like to purchase this SE version here instead of CE version even though the game is FANTASTIC but I'm not Match 3 fans!

Graphics are clear and colorful, one of the best I've ever saw in Match 3 games! The gameplay is innovative with mixed of many different types of mini games so you will nit get bored. Music are relaxing, story is charming!
....Definitely a big BUY fir me

Grades:

Graphics: A*
Story: A
Music: A
Puzzles: A
Bonuses: A*
Fun: A*
Gameplay: A
Overall: A*

My grades can be as high as A* or as low as F!

Edited on 09/27/2011 at 1:24:01 AM PST

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

Re:Reviews for 4 Elements II

[Post New]by Kamali on Sep 27, 11 1:23 AM
Wonderful game - I don't want to go to work!!

I have the original '4 Elements' and I didn't think it could be improved on, but they have added some new things - like in the middle of the match 3 screens you suddenly find mini versions of the pipe game where you have to fix the pipes so the energy flows through them.

I've not had any tech problems so far - never had any with the original game either.

It's very colourful and cheerful, and I'll be buying it as soon as I get home (note to self: leave early tonight!!)

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Sep 27, 11 1:23 AM
Hi fishies,

Thanks, this thread has now been stickied!

What do you think of 4 Elements II? Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions about the game in this thread. We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond! To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game!

A lot of fishies that will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

For any comments or discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum. If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to pop over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

Edited on 09/27/2011 at 1:24:38 AM PST

Loralia
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Loralia on Sep 27, 11 4:37 AM
While I, too, have the first one, I found the graphics on this a bit disappointing. Yes, they are clear and colorful, the extra mini-games within the match-three game itself, are, at least in the beginning, sort of interesting, and the music was quite nice. However, I found the whole thing a bit "cartoony", much more so than the original version. I felt like I was watching a Disney animation, especially with Pegasus. THAT is quite disappointing to me as if I want to watch a cartoon I can do so elsewhere. If you check out the graphics on the 1st one, you will see what I mean. It's too bad, I might have considered it otherwise.

This is a no buy for me as I know I won't be able to get past the cartoon feeling. One reason I liked the 1st one was because it DIDN'T have that cartoon effect.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Sep 27, 11 4:40 AM
The best thing added to II is the TIMER OPTION FOR RELAXED. So, all you slow pokes like me, not swift at hand can finish this new version and save many a laptop from thrown over the balconies.

I didn't see Options til I was into the game, then found Menu, backed up and selected Relaxed, and the next 45 minutes were a nice late night treat. The opening mini is a frog and very tiny frags on laptop but hints are generous and I didn't mind the help getting the little parts together to progress to the fun storybook game just at bedtime.

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on Sep 27, 11 5:09 AM
Loralia wrote:While I, too, have the first one, I found the graphics on this a bit disappointing. Yes, they are clear and colorful, the extra mini-games within the match-three game itself, are, at least in the beginning, sort of interesting, and the music was quite nice. However, I found the whole thing a bit "cartoony", much more so than the original version. I felt like I was watching a Disney animation, especially with Pegasus. THAT is quite disappointing to me as if I want to watch a cartoon I can do so elsewhere. If you check out the graphics on the 1st one, you will see what I mean. It's too bad, I might have considered it otherwise.

This is a no buy for me as I know I won't be able to get past the cartoon feeling. One reason I liked the 1st one was because it DIDN'T have that cartoon effect.

I know exactly what you mean and I so agree. It's probably going lead to me passing on it as well and I was a huge fan of the first Elements. The Wizard's nose in this game really annoys me for some reason.

Playrix's last M3, Farmscapes, was ruined for me due to the same ubber young cartoon-y aspect. The characters are designed to appeal to maybe a four year old IMO, seriously. It seems to be a trend now with this developer and it's very off putting for m personally.

It's a shame because there is a lot of quality in their games but it seems to me they're not designing them for ~all ages~ anymore, more for kids, very young kids, which is fine but I'm not really interested.

And I'm not just talking about visuals but also the level of game play in both Farmscapes, which I finished, and what I've played so far of Elements II demo. I'm sure it gets somewhat more challenging beyond the Air Level (and I'd be interested to hear more) and but it just seems different. I do very much like the inclusion of more mini puzzle games throughout, but still they're extremely easy and not for me.

Edited on 09/27/2011 at 5:19:41 AM PST

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Sep 27, 11 5:25 AM
I love this. I don't usually play Match 3s but for a break from Adventure but I will buy this one. It's clear, fun and mixes a bit of hidden object as well as find the difference with some other puzzles.

I agree with Kamali!! I download the demos, if it's something I may want,to play for an hour before I leave for work. I really have to rush now because I didn't want to quit playing.

Will be buying after work

I wrote the above when this came out a couple days ago Just coming back to say that this is probably the most addictive game I have ever played.

Edited on 09/29/2011 at 5:30:54 AM PST

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by crypsynight on Sep 27, 11 7:10 AM
Loralia wrote:While I, too, have the first one, I found the graphics on this a bit disappointing. Yes, they are clear and colorful, the extra mini-games within the match-three game itself, are, at least in the beginning, sort of interesting, and the music was quite nice. However, I found the whole thing a bit "cartoony", much more so than the original version. I felt like I was watching a Disney animation, especially with Pegasus. THAT is quite disappointing to me as if I want to watch a cartoon I can do so elsewhere. If you check out the graphics on the 1st one, you will see what I mean. It's too bad, I might have considered it otherwise.

I never thought of that, but yes, Pegasus is very Disney animation looking - fortunately for me I absolutely love Disney (must be the big kid in me LOL).

4 Elements 1 was one of the first games I bought from BFG, so will definitely have to buy this one as well.

(oh wow - just had a look and it was actually the 98th game I purchased )

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Sep 27, 11 7:47 AM
Definite buy for me! Even more charming than the first one! I don't mind the "cartoony" look--sometimes I just need to get away and this does it for me. Guess I still have some kid in me even after all these years OR it could be that the kid in me stays alive because I babysit my grandkids every weekday. Either way, I'm getting this game.

Artwork is delightful, colors are bright, game play is fun. Couldn't believe how fast the demo went--off to purchase!

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Sep 27, 11 8:16 AM
I loved, loved the first 4th elements (apart from the pesky last level!). Will definitely be getting this - it is even better imo.

There are mini-puzzles to do and a very easy FROG, and I noticed that in a demo of game there are other various mini-games as well. I love the game play on this, so very different to the normal M3. I would implore everyone to have a try at this.

Absolutely wonderful, magical graphics on the actual gameplay scenes. I can't believe this is a soft release.

Playrix is maker of my favourite game of all time (Round the World in 80 Days) and this is going to be a favourite as well. Thanks Playrix and thanks BFG

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Sep 27, 11 9:35 AM
I played 4 Elements I so much it would be in tatters if it were a physical game, and this sequel has all of the good old things and a few new things for variety as well. Yes, I agree the pictures are not as awesomely lovely, and more cartoonish, than the first game, but I can live with that in return for getting an untimed version.

A hint for those who did not play the older game: Some of the patterns are very complex, and you have to do things in more than one place at times. Don't get frustrated. It only takes a while to learn to see the solutions (like shooting arrows or activating a power-up). To me, the complexity is what makes the game great.

As a Match-3 addict, I give this my highest rating of .

nelliebj
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by nelliebj on Sep 27, 11 12:29 PM
I bought the CE from another site because I just didn't want to wait for BF to bring it out. I've already played it about 4 times and the first Elements was just about worn out. I love these games. There are similar type games out there but the 4 Elements was, by far, to me, the best. I don't find any difficulties with the graphics. I love that you can play untimed but I prefer the timed version - makes it more exciting LOL! This is a great game. Love every aspect of it. I wouldn't say it has a lot of extra mini-games but it has a few and they are different from the first Elements. A little more challenging but, without a timer, can be easily won.

Buy it, you won't regret it!

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Kamali on Sep 27, 11 1:36 PM
bratzgram wrote:I agree with Kamali!! I download the demos, if it's something I may want,to play for an hour before I leave for work. I really have to rush now because I didn't want to quit playing.

Will be buying after work

Just bought mine after finishing the hour's trial.

The little mini-games in the middle of the match 3 screens are a great twist!

I am one who likes the graphics - I have always loved the Disney films, though these graphics are more delicate that Disney's imo.

Got to go play now - byeee!

Edited on 09/27/2011 at 1:37:33 PM PST

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Sep 27, 11 3:42 PM
Tailteann wrote:
Loralia wrote:I found the graphics on this a bit disappointing...I found the whole thing a bit "cartoony", much more so than the original version. I felt like I was watching a Disney animation, especially with Pegasus...It's too bad, I might have considered it otherwise.

I know exactly what you mean and I so agree. It's probably going lead to me passing on it as well and I was a huge fan of the first Elements. The Wizard's nose in this game really annoys me for some reason.

I have played Elements I so many times that, like another fishie posting here, if it were a physical game it would be worn out. I played all but 7 minutes of Elements II before I was tired of it.

With Elements II, the graphics were very disappointing to me, the wizard's nose bothered me from the beginning. In Elements I the wizard graphic was really cool. The cartoonish aspect throughout the game disappointed me as well.

There were a number of other things I found disappointing/annoying as well:

Dopey signs that say things like "Final Stretch!" and "Almost There!" There's no need for these; the map shows how far you have left. And the signs look cartoony.

The end of each level of the air book is disappointing to me. I loved the swirl of air that came out at the end of the puzzle. I wonder if the other levels have the same disappointment. Elements I had a tree grow at the end of each earth level, fire start burning at the end of each fire level, and the best one, the waterfall at the end of each water level. If Elements II's air levels are any indication, I don't care for that part of the game.

The game seems dumbed down from the first one. Maybe because the original Elements had tips at the end of each level below the stats which you could read or not read. There are no stats that I am aware of. I always like to see what was the longest chain made in each level.

The energy tube puzzles were okay but very simple, but in places where there was no puzzle, it was slow going watching them, especially when they have lots of curves.

For someone who never played Elements I, if you like the demo, you'll probably like the entire game as much. But it's not for me.

But at least in Elements II the rocks don't look like meatballs!

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Sep 27, 11 3:45 PM
crypsynight wrote:
4 Elements 1 was one of the first games I bought from BFG, so will definitely have to buy this one as well.

(oh wow - just had a look and it was actually the 98th game I purchased )

98th game you purchased? And I assume you've bought more since then. I thought I had a lot at 61!

[Post New]by tinkerbell90873 on Sep 27, 11 5:18 PM
This going to be a definite buy for me. I tested the beta version and LOVED IT. Actually, that test was what made me buy the first 4 elements game. Unfortunately, on that one, I cant seem to get past the second level in the fourth book. Im not fast enough, lol. But I am super excited to see this! YAY! I like these kind of match 3 games because they are a little adventure and a lot of match 3 but they dont get boring. I fall asleep after 15 levels of Fitz, lol. I need more of a purpose, kwim? Loving the 4 elements games!

[Post New]by akgoss007 on Sep 27, 11 5:38 PM
I'm trying to play the freebie hour before buying, but the game throws me out right when I get to the first level puzzle - Pegasus. Does anyone have an idea on how to resolve this? Loved the first 4 Elements, so I'm likely to buy this one if I can check it out first.

[Post New]by starrynite95 on Sep 27, 11 6:17 PM
I was able to Beta Test this game and I enjoyed it. The signs that they have throughout saying "Almost There" really cracked me up. I also loved the fact that there are some additional aspects to the game. Such as the pipes. My husband loved the first one so I will of course be buying this game as well. Happy Gaming!!

[Post New]by tinkerbell90873 on Sep 27, 11 6:48 PM
I retract my previous statement. I cant get it in full screen. Game says it is full screen but it is not on mine. I'll be waiting till this is fixed to buy it.

gpj53
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by gpj53 on Sep 28, 11 1:52 AM
This one looks like a buy for me. I enjoyed Elements 1 and even managed to get through the dreaded levels 63 and 64 to my amazement. This one however, I will enjoy more as it has Relaxed Mode, thank you beta testers for telling developers we needed that. I quite like the new bits, the pipes and the beacons that I've seen so far, along with the variety of things to do and it also looks like a reasonably long game.

Go to: