bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Roads of Rome III technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Sep 27, 11 1:27 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

silver64
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

Re:Post any Roads of Rome III technical issues here only

[Post New]by silver64 on Sep 27, 11 5:00 AM

Anyone else having problems with 'jerky' movement?. I have turned off custom cursor and weather effects but play is not as smooth as it should be.

Silver

[Post New]by IloveBoo1 on Sep 27, 11 7:59 AM
Does anyone know how to avoid the game freezing up during the fireworks?

[Post New]by kitharris11 on Sep 27, 11 10:08 AM
I've downloaded, uninstalled and downloaded the trial game so far. It freezes up right after the initial loading page. I've never had this problem with any other trial game before. don't get it and I want to. I love this series.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 27, 11 10:45 AM
Hey folks,

It sounds like all of you are either experiencing a freeze or a lag with the game. I'd like to recommend taking a look at the following help article for some troubleshooting suggestions that could help with this:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the game continues to have performance issues, please get in touch with Tech Support with the steps you've taken and a Dr. Felix report and our reps will be happy to assist you further. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by fifowkes on Sep 27, 11 11:50 AM
I cannot get the game to install. I get you do not have the neccessary permissions to install - I put it to my user name where I have no password and it still doesn't install. It comes up as error 764 but the solution does not appear to be related to the problem. I had the same issue with Farm Frenzy Viking game and sent my issue to BFG support 2 weeks ago - I have not had a reply. For someone who has purchased over 150 games on BFG this is really shoddy service and I will not be buying more as what is the point when you cannot install and play the games when you have paid good hard earned money. BFG - get your act together - treat your repeat customers with respect and at least answer any issues they have

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Sep 27, 11 12:54 PM
Silver64, yes I noticed the jerky movement too. I haven't turned off the weather, but I notice that the more fires you put out the better it gets...I guess I just don't have enough video power... I still like it though...although I can't get expert hardly ever, even on easy!

silver64
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by silver64 on Sep 28, 11 1:21 AM

Hi Scpotamus,

I think your right as its normally at the beginning when there is a lot going on when the movement problem is more apparent.

[Post New]by katej26 on Sep 28, 11 2:02 AM
hi - my version of the game is really slow - on the first stage building the road there's about 3 second between each 'hit' of the hammer. i have un- and re-installed with the same result, and played in full screen and small screen mode. my computer has win7 and an almost brand new graphics card...

is there a patch or update for this at all??

thks
kate

Linda1210
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Linda1210 on Sep 28, 11 6:50 AM
I am also having trouble with slow, jerky movements even with custom cursor and weather effects turned off. I am stuck around level 2.5 since my guys won't move fast anough, I am so sad :-(

pidgie65
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by pidgie65 on Sep 29, 11 6:21 AM
Level 4.5. I cannot get the crystals/gold/idol on the hill behind the camp. If I build the balloon tower as soon as possible, I can get one hill of gold, but when I go back to get more later (when I have more resources to do it), it says "the way is blocked". There was a similar glitch getting to the smithy in level 4.4 of RoR II, and this is going to need some kind of bug fix as well. Very frustrating.

g_abriele
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by g_abriele on Sep 29, 11 8:03 AM
I tried the test-version of [removed by moderator] ... and it works without freezing

Edited on 09/29/2011 at 10:44:07 AM PST

[Post New]by looklita on Sep 30, 11 7:22 PM
pidgie65 wrote:Level 4.5. I cannot get the crystals/gold/idol on the hill behind the camp. If I build the balloon tower as soon as possible, I can get one hill of gold, but when I go back to get more later (when I have more resources to do it), it says "the way is blocked". There was a similar glitch getting to the smithy in level 4.4 of RoR II, and this is going to need some kind of bug fix as well. Very frustrating.

Same Problem here. How soon before we can expect a fix for this?

[Post New]by kelsmanly6 on Oct 1, 11 12:29 AM
i have the same problem with level 4.5

Zobig
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Zobig on Oct 1, 11 6:10 AM
It is a no buy for me with so many having the same problem. Why should I write to technical support to fix the problem, there should be no problem in the first place.
Most of the time technical support can't help either . It should go back to the designer and fix the problem. I had many problems before with games to work properly and asking for help only to get my money refunded finally in the end...

Av8Trx
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

R of R III - No trees, totems, or fires visible.

[Post New]by Av8Trx on Oct 2, 11 5:45 PM
I had a similar issue on II, but this time, there's nothing on the gamescreen visible but the holes and structures. Weird.

Av8Trx
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Av8Trx on Oct 2, 11 11:28 PM
It looks like BFG just pulled the game, probably to get input/revision from the developer. Pretty responsive! I hope the game developer works out the bugs, I really enjoyed the R of R series.

sgrwlf27
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by sgrwlf27 on Oct 3, 11 11:16 AM
Played the trial and purchased. Now I can't find my saved profile in the game. Do you seriously have to start all over or is there something I need to do differently to continue where I stopped in the demo?

Thx
Sheila

[Post New]by koolmonk on Oct 4, 11 11:50 AM
Does anybody know how to by pass Episode 1 level 10--it seemed that there are not enough gold to piuirfy the water.

Thanks

Av8Trx
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

None of the standard resources are visible on the screen, they're there, though...

[Post New]by Av8Trx on Oct 5, 11 5:15 PM
Resources not visible, sometimes totems not visible. I had this problem with R of R II, only not as bad. In III, none of the berry bushes, trees, or totems are visible at all. The only way I know about them is from having played the previous releases, I sort of know where to look for them. Same with the totems. Without having these on screen, there is NO way you can get expert even in easy mode. Try it out, move your cursor around the screen some, see if you get, “tree,” or, ‘berry bush’, click on it and the worker will go harvest, increasing your resources. I had to use this trick on every level, managed to get expert on all but one/easy mode. In R of R I, all of these resources that you could harvest were visible. In II, they’d show up at first, then disappear. In III, they’re not visible at all, weird. I don’t know how a newbie fights through this game without them.

Go to: