Reviews for Mysteriez

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Mysteriez

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Sep 27, 11 1:38 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Mysteriez? Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions about the game in this thread. We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond! To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game!

A lot of fishies that will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

For any comments or discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum. If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to pop over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

dakini
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

Re:Reviews for Mysteriez

[Post New]by dakini on Sep 27, 11 11:46 AM
I think I need more of a storyline. I love HdO games but...

jwalton27
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by jwalton27 on Sep 28, 11 9:56 PM
boring game. finding numbers and thats it...

[Post New]by 50plusgamer on Oct 16, 12 2:50 AM
This is really a hidden numbers game. The backgrounds are pretty but there isn't any story that I can see and it gets boring fairly quickly. I don't think I would buy this even on a daily deal.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Oct 16, 12 5:49 AM
This game is by A . b . s . o . l . u . t . i . s . t and is purely about finding the numbers 1 - 40 in each scene while a timer is counting down.

The numbers are written across the top and bottom of the screen and fade as you find each one so you can see which numbers you are still looking for BUT, and it is a big BUT the numbers are not removed from the scene itself which is confusing. Unless you check to see which numbers you still need to find before clicking on it and it turns out to be one you have already found you will be penalized by having 10 seconds removed from the timer for each wrong click.

I, personally, got fed up after the first 32 numbers and wrong clicked the rest of the time away so I could get onto the next scene only to find it was find 40 numbers again and so I exited the game as fast as I could.

On a positive note, some of the numbers have been hidden quite cleverly and I am sure that someone somewhere will enjoy searching for them but sorry devs I won't be one of them, I'll be sticking to helping vikings .

Cherb

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 16, 12 8:27 AM
Aha !! Here you all are hiding out.

Thanks to Cherbtoo, I finally found you all. LOL

Now, I made a review on the main game page, because I couldn't find the forum, but for some reason - could it be the mentioning of Absolutis? they are linking to this site - it didn't appear on the main page.

So lets see if I get this right again:

This so-called game has a main page on which you can choose the genre of images you want to use for your game.

When you click on one of them, you get to another page with many different images - all locked except the first one.

Click on the first one, and you will get an image of something. At the top and the bottom of the scene are numbers. And all over the scene are also numbers.

I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do - no tutorial, no hint button - nothing.
So I clicked on a number in the scene and... Got it. I had to find all the numbers in the scene. When I clicked on a number, that number turned greyish.

Now here is the really great part: This game has a timer. You can't play it without it. And the timer gives you 5 minutes to find all of the numbers. If you fail... tough.

And here is yet another great part of the game: Every time you click on something that isn't a number, 10 seconds are taken off your time.

And this is all you have to do throughout the game, find the numbers. I am sure someone at the developer's site had a glass too many and though it a hilarious idea to make this game.

I wouldn't want this game if it was free, and all I can say is:

ETA: Did I read the dates on the first posts right? This game came out on the 27th September of last year?? And now, in a kind of panic, I presume, it has been added again, instead of the TGT that also didn't find many fans??

Edited on 10/16/2012 at 8:30:17 AM PST

chiari_survivor
Catfish
Catfish
1,506 Posts

[Post New]by chiari_survivor on Oct 16, 12 8:34 AM
“Mysteriez”- Hidden Numbers
Released last year for MAC and now for PC
Enter your name on a “Restorer Sertificate”
Elevator Music plays in the background.
Adjustable controls for music and for other sounds
Switches for Custom Cursor & Full screen
Timer is set for 5 minutes to find numbers from 1 to 40 in each scene. The last 10 seconds a ticking clock sound starts and increases in volume until the time is up. The numbers are printed 1-20 at the top of the screen 21-40 at the bottom of the screen and each number change’s once you have found that number to allow you to know which numbers you are still trying to locate. Many numbers are very tricky to identify while others are blatantly obvious, giving a nice balance. You are penalized 10 seconds for each wrong click. Numbers do not disappear from the scene once you find them which leads to repetitive clicks if you are not very careful. Would have been nice to have a hint system or a way to say I am finished show me where the last 2 numbers are, without having to sit through the clock counting down the last 2 minutes. Numbers can be made from shadows, slightly different grass coloring, gaps in clouds, barely there coloring, hanging rope or link sausages etc. At the conclusion they then sparkle at each number missed. If you are going to replay you must pay attention carefully as they sparkle each missed number only briefly for about 1 second each. Your score is then added up for numbers found bonus points are received for fast finds and beating the timer etc.
7 categories- included are Trivia, Americana, Seasons, Sightseeing, Evolution, Epic Journey & Old City. Once you click on one of the 7 main categories, you are shown the first of 2 pages under that category. Each of those first pages includes 5 scenes, only one of which was unlocked. I can not tell if topics are duplicated since “Helloween” and camping were both listed twice. Un Known how many different scenes are included through out the game. Thankfully the developers could not miss spell any of the numbers and the spelling errors I found did not change the scenes you were looking for the hidden numbers in. No story line. No hints. Some numbers seem to require precise clicks, so be careful to pay attention that the number you just clicked actually changes to note that you have found that number. This game may be good one to play with kids, grand kids or as a family since the range is from easy to VERY hard to locate all the numbers. For those with portable devices this game may be worth using a punch card coupon for when you need to kill 5 minutes while standing in line or wasting time while waiting on hold.

Categories and topics included were:
Trivia-Museum, Gym, Space, Airplane Hanger, and Japan
Americana- Wanderers, Farm, Saloon, Saw Mill and Hawaii
Season- Lodge, Christmas, Camping, “Helloween”, and Ski Resort
Sight Seeing- Victorian, “Armoury”, Greece, Orient, and Venice
Evolution- Prehistory, Iron Age, Egypt, Babylon, and Antiquity
Epic Journey- Provance, “Helloween”, Siesta, Camping, and Trailer Park
Old City- Cairo, Rome, Kiev, London, and Moscow

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Oct 16, 12 8:39 AM

Edited on 10/17/2012 at 2:27:15 AM PST

HoneyVegas
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by HoneyVegas on Oct 16, 12 10:45 AM
all I can really say is Oh Dear!!! desperately searching for a game I can spend my well earned credits on before they expire, and this game definitely is not it!!! please put some decent HoS games on that aren't CE please!!!!

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Oct 16, 12 12:17 PM
Well , only one word.................. dreadful...................................

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Oct 16, 12 12:23 PM
HoneyVegas wrote:Oh Dear!!!

You took the words right out of my mouth

If there's a "help" option on the main menu page I always click it so I get the gist of a game's functions before I play. Clicking on "help" said find the numbers 1 to 40 in each scene. Mmm. And? No, nothing else. Didn't bode well.

Well, it did exactly what it said on the tin, so to speak. Find the hidden numbers 1 to 40 in each scene. That's it!

[Post New]by Chickadees3 on Oct 16, 12 12:26 PM
Hello fishies

I don't like to be too critical of games because I know a lot of time, money and effort goes into the making of them but this game? Obviously, none of these went into it. I can't understand who at Big Fish thought it was a good idea to offer a game of this low caliber. If this was offered on April 1st I would think is was an April Fool's joke. Today, it's just a really bad decision by TPTB (the powers that be) at BFG. I would love to know how much money they make off of this game purely out of curiosity's sake-I bet it won't be much. Sorry BFG but this is the worst game I've seen here and I wouldn't own it if it were free.

[Post New]by racybond1 on Oct 16, 12 6:30 PM

Edited on 10/17/2012 at 2:31:22 AM PST

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Oct 16, 12 7:22 PM
Finding numbers instead of objects may be a novel idea, but, it still makes it a straight HOG!

I no longer enjoy Straight HOGS that much! Stike 1.

Did not like the music! Stike 2.

It has a Timer ! Deal Killer! Stike 3. And it is out!

Sorry, BFG and Devs!

As always, give it a try for yourself, and Happy Gaming to those who enjoy it!

BK

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Oct 17, 12 6:39 AM
OMG! For trying my patience and I did it service by at least playing for 10mins. Please execute the staff for bringing this game to BFG! What a ***awful game!!!

the ENTIRE game is nothing but finding NUMBERS. What so this developer is still suffering from a hangover of the numbers game that brought USA and a few very large financial organisations to its knees, and left thousands if not millions ppl all over the world jobless. Maybe this is the getback, being bored out of their minds, filled with worry abt numbers ($ for school fees, housing expenses, medication, etc), its kinda of no wonder this dev would have created such non-imaginative, almost near inhumane game (inhumane coz u had to squeeze your eyes!). Whats the purpose of having a beautiful site (graphics is actually ok), all filled with nonsensical numbers!!?

Summary: The developers went all out to create a game full of numbers, that most likely represent the whole sordid mess of what global financial crisis meant!

VOMIT level

PS: Fire that developer as well!

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Oct 17, 12 8:55 AM
I only played for about 10 mins and quit.

Very nicely done scenes but utterly, mind-numbingly BORING.

From the repetitous - find numbers 1-40 hidden in each scene to the elevator music. What more is there to say? Please...I want casual gaming but I'm not THAT much of an insomniac.

LadyBlue0321
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by LadyBlue0321 on Oct 18, 12 3:02 PM
This game is now number one on the "hated it" list. I didn't even finish the first scene. Is there anyone who liked it?

MissB59
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by MissB59 on Oct 18, 12 11:06 PM
I KINDA liked it ..could have been a nice boring game .. what I call a mind number.. something to play when you don't want to think about what you are doing ... BUT .. would have been nice if you didn't have to click numerous times to find the EXACT spot on the number for the game to recognize you found the number .. then give up in frustration only to have the game show you the exact number you wasted 10 misclicks on .. I was okay with the timer but to get 10 seconds subtracted from it every time you misclicked ..even tho you were actually clicking on the number.. if I get frustrated . it is not a mind numbing ..

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Oct 19, 12 6:40 AM
Boring... Wouldn't buy even as the DD.

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts