Re:Re:Your Comments and Review for Midnight Mysteries 2 - Salem Witch Trials

[Post New]by Ancientsymbols on Jul 28, 10 8:11 AM
Great game!!! Loved it, graphics and spooks and all! Can't say enough good things about it. Good story...Smile.......

SammyDaviesJnr
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by SammyDaviesJnr on Aug 1, 10 11:05 AM
Thanks for all the comments from all the fishes out there!...Couldn't see a bad one - although wasn't expecting to either! Enjoyed the trial game and am excited at what is to come - a definite, no need to wait for later - BUY!!! More of these please Big Fish!!

rrboudin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by rrboudin on Aug 3, 10 2:58 PM
I was drawn to this game because I've always been interested in this historical event. And I love HOG, of course! Anyway, it was so good! I loved the storyline. It was meant to be mildly spooky, but doesn't go over the top at all for scaredy cats like me who can't play those kinds of games in the dark! It was far more interactive than a lot of HOG I've played from BF. I loved everything about it! I am reinstalling it now to get the updated version and I'm going to be playing it for the third time around. Well worth the money!

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Seester2 on Aug 4, 10 9:43 PM
LOVED IT!!! Challenging and beautifully put together. Great graphics! Also, it was a good, long game. Can't wait for more like this!

[Post New]by jcjssz on Aug 7, 10 10:00 PM
crazybluegirl200 wrote:I really enjoyed playing this game. I bought it after only 30 minutes playing the demo. The game seems harder than what it really is. You just have to think harder than you think you can.The puzzles where great and a bit challenging. I felt I got my moneys worth since it was a good length (5 1/2 hours) and was challenging.
I only got a annoyed with the game a couple times. At one point the game told me I did not have the right inventory to solve a problem but it turns out that I did have it. Also in the very beginning it was a bit touchy about when you use the bold cutters.
Also I would like to add that I left all the volume levels alone for this game. This has been one of the few games where I did not find the music annoying.
The only thing that could have made this game better in my opinion is voice acting.

I also got stuck, and was told I didn't have what I needed in my inventory. It turns out I did and had spent a long time serching when I didn't need to. After reading this post, I decided to try everything in my inventory and solved the problem. Thanks for this post.

Edited on 08/07/2010 at 10:03:11 PM PST

legalhelper
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,257 Posts

[Post New]by legalhelper on Aug 9, 10 10:51 AM
One word...amazing! This game is awesome and highly recommended in my book. The added bonus of unlimited game play was a plus. I'll definitely be playing this one over and over.

[Post New]by postal_nana on Aug 10, 10 10:43 AM
what a wonderful game. long lasting, no glitches, interesting. could have been a ce but very glad it wasnt. would like more as good as this one. ranks right up there with mcf line of games. even played well on the old computer....

kokiecat2
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by kokiecat2 on Aug 19, 10 11:18 PM
I can find only 62 clovers

[Post New]by violinist1981 on Aug 22, 10 9:51 PM
I thought that this game had an very original gameplay, and kept me guessing until the very end on how it would turn out. I did not gather enough of the 50 clovers to unlock anything, but I will enjoy playing this game again.

acyy415
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by acyy415 on Aug 24, 10 4:30 PM

It's a stunner!!
Kudos!!

Mag

[Post New]by VenomousKate on Aug 28, 10 9:19 PM
I loved the Midnight Mysteries: Edgar Allen Poe game and was so excited to see this one available. Since it was a Saturday night, my only plan was to find a good game to play after putting the kiddo to bed. Wow, was this the perfect find!

Halfway through the demo I knew it was a keeper. Great graphics, spooky story line (I love spooky stories!) that made me jump in my seat a few times, and an intelligent storyline. The mystery never got old, and the puzzles were just challenging enough.

I managed to find 51 clovers, so I unlocked the unlimited mode. Good thing - I can tell this is one I'll want to play again!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 4, 10 8:08 AM
Not bad at all! Medium difficulty (I didn't skip any puzzles or need the walkthrough), very good to look at and achievements in an SE add to its replay value.

Off to find all of the ravens / clovers etc ... Definitely worth buying.

[Post New]by aceboogie86 on Sep 6, 10 7:53 PM
HELP!! I am stuck at the judges door with the book shelf and the clock. I have the calendar in my inventory and know it's a code but can't figure the code out for the life of me. Please help

calamari7
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by calamari7 on Sep 7, 10 3:27 PM
I had played "Midnight Mysteries: Edgar A. Poe Conspiracy", and this game follows in the same way: great graphics, attention to history and detail, good story line, variety of puzzles [medium difficulty], and sound affects. I was used of looking for the ravens [to pick up hints] so that was no problem, but I really goofed on the clovers because I only gathered 30 so I didn't open the extra play bonus, but I did win 4 of the "achievement" trophies [cute idea, and increases the replay value of the game]. One gripe, the map should have been labeled as to what the structures were I did pretty well until they last few steps.......I had a brain freeze and totally forgot where the "hidden cave" was and how to get there... ....OMG, I was completely stuck for 1/2 hour......... ggrrrrrrrrr This is one of the better games in this genre I gotta give it

geri_mac
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by geri_mac on Sep 12, 10 6:12 AM
It took me a while to get around to this game (I dithered about buying it) but Im really glad I did, Its a great game and I really enjoyed it

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Sep 15, 10 6:35 PM

Lots of good thinky stuff. I missed some clovers but got a bunch of awards.
All in all a very good game.

[Post New]by sueann2310 on Sep 19, 10 2:50 PM
Note to self.. never buy another game that you can't bloody save! otherwise creepy and exceptional game but not starting over yet again so it wont be finished and wont be buying another unless it has a save option.

The_Wanderer
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by The_Wanderer on Sep 24, 10 12:25 PM
Finished this game and enjoyed playing it. I also had problems saving, so won't be playing it again for awhile, but I didn't find enough clovers to unlock unlimited mode so I will be playing again.
Great graphics and the music was good too. Glad I bought it!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 24, 10 1:18 PM
sueann2310 wrote:Note to self.. never buy another game that you can't bloody save! otherwise creepy and exceptional game but not starting over yet again so it wont be finished and wont be buying another unless it has a save option.
The game should save automatically. Some people on Windows 7 had to run as administrator for this to happen (to give the game write permission to the save directory).

Please get in touch with BFG CS. Click on the green envelope, then the Contact Us hyperlink then select Technical Issues from the drop-down list.

Edited on 09/24/2010 at 1:19:57 PM PST

julbuck
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by julbuck on Sep 29, 10 9:22 AM
I've played the demo and may say that this game is a pretty good one!

The story is good, music is ok, gorgeous animation and effects! The difficulty is medium which is very good for me!

Minuses of this game are - lots of dark places in **** scenes (sometimes can't see objects at all), areas were closed as soon as you finish and there is no chance to go back and search for clever flowers also it's not possible to skip the puzzles and there is no full screen

Go to: