[Post New]by sisqisgame on Apr 23, 18 1:52 AM
Add my name too please

kandinsky
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

THE PROBLEM WITH PONDFRIENDS AS AN ALTERNATIVE

[Post New]by kandinsky on Apr 25, 18 7:45 AM
Having signed up with pondfriends as the primary apparent available alternative if Big Fish does not somehow change course on this... I see possible problems with it as a substitute but for starters the name "pondfriends" sounds like a gathering of kindergarten children to my ear.
Please spare yourself as a company the embarrassment of having reduced your customers, the players, to this.
Somehow give us hope.

Cyril48
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:A SIGN UP SHEET ASKING TO KEEP THE FORUM ACTIVE

[Post New]by Cyril48 on Apr 25, 18 11:50 AM
The reason that I am with BFG still and purchase many games with them as opposed to other sites is because of the forums. They are an essential part and many times when I am stuck I will look here for help. It is also essential for me to have this forum as several years ago I had a brain tumor removed so am a bit slow and having the forum is such a great help to me. Yes I will manage without but it will be a great loss to many people and I am sure without this that sales will go down. I urge you to rethink this wrong decision

[Post New]by stellasofie on Apr 25, 18 5:23 PM
The Forums are a very important tool for me, I'd be extremely unhappy if they ceased to exist. The information, tips, guidance is so very helpful at times & also brings us together as lovers of playing games in general. A valuable connection with our fellow gamers is shared in the Forums I feel, I would definitely personally feel the loss. If I leave BFGames, which I would miss, I still would continue to enjoy the hundreds of games I have purchased for a long time. Hopefully this issue will be resolved, Big Fish Games is quite wonderfully fun as it is, please...no changes!

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

PONDFRIENDS is a great alternative

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 25, 18 6:09 PM
kandinsky wrote:Having signed up with pondfriends as the primary apparent available alternative if Big Fish does not somehow change course on this... I see possible problems with it as a substitute but for starters the name "pondfriends" sounds like a gathering of kindergarten children to my ear.
Please spare yourself as a company the embarrassment of having reduced your customers, the players, to this.
Somehow give us hope.

Perhaps you should consider going to ProBoards and create you own forum.You can name it anything you want.

In the meantime, the same reviewers, betas, Sneak Peeks are hosted there.

bunnydog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,878 Posts

[Post New]by bunnydog on Apr 25, 18 6:30 PM
Like many other players, I would miss the Forums. While walkthroughs can provide some help, there have been times when I have had to depend on the advice of other players to solve a problem in a game. Their advice was usually more specific than what was on the walkthrough.

I hope this will not affect the reviews on games. I usually do read what other players have to say before purchasing a game. However, the reviews do not give information on what technical problems might occur in a game.

I have belonged to a number of forums and once a company dropped a forum, I found that the number of times I visited the website diminished, and in a couple of cases I just stopped buying from that company.

Unfortunately a company has to do what they think is in the best interest of the company. Big Fish may want to continue provide excellent customer service, but stopping the forum may be a step down.

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

[Post New]by giddiup101 on Apr 28, 18 5:06 PM
Add my vote to keeping the forums and PM’s active

[Post New]by jimanddelora on Apr 29, 18 1:19 AM
I really hope that they read all of these and realize how important the forums are. It is part of the appeal of BFG. I agree that lately the devs have been slacking in games of challange but some have recently shown some improvement! So while a lot of us were not purchasing as many games due to the lack of decent ones , we might have also caused some cut backs for BFG? But we are still paying our membership fees. I will admit that this past winter I have been toying with canceling my membership as I could'nt even bring myself to get free games because they all were too similar and lame but as I said they have improved. If they cancel the forums so soon after the poor game selection I think they will definitly lose some customers

Go to: