nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Nightfall Mysteries: Asylum Conspiracy

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Aug 8, 10 5:26 AM
Well I just finished this game. Lots to do and fun spooky surprises. I probably played for over 12 hours total. I'm slow but I love to solve all the puzzles too. I couldn't solve 2 of them. I went in as 2 different players because I had started the game a couple of weeks ago and wanted to refresh my memory. The object scenes were the same in most cases. I found that as I played the game too. But that was the only let down. The game moved right along and when you use all their notes etc. you can manuver quite well. There is a lot of moving around to find objects and to use them in the scenes. I like that...it adds to the fun and anxiety. I'm glad I bought it and recommend it for those who have strong stomachs.
There are bugs and snakes...oh my! and as Victor would say...MUWWAAAHahaha

Nana

[Post New]by GhostBunny18 on Aug 8, 10 1:35 PM
I have really enjoyed this one, the atmosphere was good, made me back from the screen once or twice as i open new rooms -not because of things jumping out, it was the music. Really well written and creepy!
The storyline is brilliant and intriguing! The puzzles aren't too hard and the hidden objects were obvious enough but not so obvious you can pick them out without looking at the list.
I've managed to go through this game without looking for a walk through, it's nice and logical and casual too!

10 out of 10 from me! I'm going to download the Curse of the opera now, hoping its just as good

[Post New]by dawndawn43 on Aug 8, 10 10:24 PM
Great game........this one is worth the money. Do another just like this one.
I give you three thumbs up. Give yourself a pat on the back. It's very good.

Edited on 08/08/2010 at 10:29:38 PM PST

uniphin
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by uniphin on Aug 9, 10 8:38 AM
What a great game, really long, great story, not too easy to figure out what to do next, hidden objects could have been a little more difficult, most were easy to find., cant wait for the sequel

[Post New]by Emperess on Aug 9, 10 10:57 AM
Super great game, I just finished it, believe it or not I was stressed at the end as if it was a movie, bring more games like this. I hope the Curse of the Opera is as good!!

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Aug 9, 10 12:30 PM
Enjoyed this game alot. I didn't need any help in demo but as usual it gets more difficult as you go along. I had to use walkthrough because I didn't know what to do where sometimes. The hidden objects were easy for me to find though, lots of room changing but the map took care of that. Very spooky and fun. Going to the opera now. Personal invitation!

JLnn
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by JLnn on Aug 9, 10 7:11 PM
vicalana and cherbtoo both mentioned "RTR" as being similar to this game, What is "RTR?"

Thanks

Word_Dudely
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by Word_Dudely on Aug 9, 10 7:15 PM
JLnn wrote:vicalana and cherbtoo both mentioned "RTR" as being similar to this game, What is "RTR?"

Thanks

That would be Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst. Check it out, you'll love it.

garhawk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by garhawk on Aug 9, 10 8:49 PM
Just finished this game and I must say it was awesome! Loved the game play, graphics, music and storyline. I can't recommend it enough! I also loved the length of the game, just right. Great job BF!

Edited on 08/09/2010 at 8:51:10 PM PST

JLnn
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by JLnn on Aug 10, 10 12:53 AM
Word_Dudely wrote:
JLnn wrote:vicalana and cherbtoo both mentioned "RTR" as being similar to this game, What is "RTR?"

Thanks

That would be Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst. Check it out, you'll love it.

Thanks for the info Word_Dudely!

[Post New]by apricotbiopot on Aug 10, 10 1:57 PM
Downloaded the trial,cant get the door knob from the hall and the hint just keeps saying get the doorknob from the hall so that's that.. game over cause I cant get the doorknob,you would think the hints for these games would be helpful but no,so many games only provide the same hint and if it doesn't help your stuffed,game over and one definitely wont buy the game!!

[Post New]by daestwen on Aug 11, 10 10:48 AM
apricotbiopot wrote:Downloaded the trial,cant get the door knob from the hall and the hint just keeps saying get the doorknob from the hall so that's that.. game over cause I cant get the doorknob,you would think the hints for these games would be helpful but no,so many games only provide the same hint and if it doesn't help your stuffed,game over and one definitely wont buy the game!!

It's in the door in the hall... the one leading into the toy room. You take the screwdriver, remove it from the door, and use it in the next door. It even sparkles in the screen and tells you that you should remove it...

Edited on 08/11/2010 at 10:48:34 AM PST

[Post New]by wyldedragonfly on Aug 11, 10 4:40 PM
I finished the game and it took me some time to get through it, which I appreciated. Some games are wicked short even for someone like me who takes their time and pokes and prods everything.

The graphics are fun (loved the dolls) and the music, the people, the story line - all combine for a creepy good time.

The only problem I had with this game is that I felt like I had played it before. There was nothing fresh and original about the puzzles or the tapes or hidden objects. It felt like RTR meets Dire Grove on many occasion.

Yet, while it isn't of the caliber of the MCF games (really, what is?), this is still a LOT of fun to play and well worth a game credit.

Sugarbella
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Sugarbella on Aug 12, 10 9:12 AM
CasualGran wrote:Yes! This is a good one! Pleasantly creepy atmosphere, great graphics, NO TIMER (yippieee), and objects that can be found quite easy, although some are hidden in darker spots.

Thanks BF, it's a buy here!

EDIT after playing the game: it's really awesome!!!
I give this game 5 out 0f 5

I totally agree!!

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Aug 12, 10 2:21 PM
I really enjoyed this game. More so than most in the past. It was difficult enough for me, but yet not so difficult I would have to leave the game and check the walk though. I've had to do that on more than one game. I really like these Night fall Mysteries, and will buy them in the future. I also like the Opera, but it had some glitches. This game is just perfect. I give it a rating of 5 out of 5. Happy playing.

MSJMOM
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by MSJMOM on Aug 14, 10 1:33 PM
daestwen wrote:
apricotbiopot wrote:Downloaded the trial,cant get the door knob from the hall and the hint just keeps saying get the doorknob from the hall so that's that.. game over cause I cant get the doorknob,you would think the hints for these games would be helpful but no,so many games only provide the same hint and if it doesn't help your stuffed,game over and one definitely wont buy the game!!

It's in the door in the hall... the one leading into the toy room. You take the screwdriver, remove it from the door, and use it in the next door. It even sparkles in the screen and tells you that you should remove it...

Ok, but where's the screwdriver???

Madth3
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Madth3 on Aug 14, 10 2:45 PM
This is a great game!

It can't be helped to compare this to Return to Ravenharst since the atmosphere is similar.
Hidden Object scenes are good if slightly easier than other games. You have to go forward and back through all the asylum findind and using objects. I love this but some people hate it. Something particulary good was that some objects you could find almost right next to the place you need them while you carry other objects wondering when are you going to use them.

And, on top of it, it has a good length.

An excellent use of my credit!

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Aug 14, 10 7:56 PM
Either this one was easier, or I'm getting better at this. Didn't even need the walkthrough, HOG scenes weren't too easy or too hard, hints reloaded fast though I only had to use it a few times. I loved getting to wander around and figure things out. Also liked that it allowed me to go back into the game to find the last cassette tape I forgot to collect. Graphics, great. Music, great. Voice acting, great. Also, it was a long game, so totally worth it for $6.99.

Edit: Playing for a second time, and just noticed something. On the poster board on the walk path outside the asylum, one of the articles is titled "How to Use Shepard's Crook". lol!

Edited on 08/14/2010 at 9:03:32 PM PST

[Post New]by AuntieJulie on Aug 15, 10 4:34 AM
I agree with all of the positive reviews - it wasn't [/b]better[b] than Curse of the Opera but very different with similarities to MCF. Nightfall Mysteries are now officially in my top ten games with a personal rating of 9/10 (I only have 2 games at 10!). Loved it.

SoHoGirl
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by SoHoGirl on Aug 15, 10 1:47 PM
I have played this game all the way through at least 3 times and I just love it. I like the way that you have to go back and forth to use objects you have found along the way. It reminds me a lot of Return to Ravenhearst and Dire Grove. The Hidden Objects are not junk piles, which are a huge plus for me. I hate junk piles where you spend so much time looking for objects that you probably would never be able to find in the first place without a hint.

It is a bit are the dark side, but I like that kind of thing, I like that it is not timed, too. The puzzles are just hard enough to make you think but not too hard to be able to figure them out. And on the plus side, there is always the skip option, which does not take forever to access. Some of the puzzles I enjoyed doing each time I played and some I just didn't want to deal with, so I did choose to skip those.

I realized after playing it for the second time that you didn't have to sit and listen to the who tape as it played on the recorder, you could still go on with the game while the tape played in the background. You can also skip through the dialog really quickly if you choose and if you happen to skip through too quickly and may have missed something important you can just click on the person again and listen once more.

All in all I found this to be a very engaging game. It has a very good amount of game play time, even skipping puzzles, so it keeps you entertained for hours.

Plus it had a decent story line to follow that made sense unlike some other Hog/Adventure games.

I look forward to playing more games like this one!

Go to: