Suzzie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Drawn: Dark Flight Collector's Edition®

[Post New]by Suzzie on Sep 10, 10 3:13 PM
I too, loved this game. Thank you Big Fish for a excellent, challenging, user friendly, and extremely artistic game. I felt the same way about the first Drawn, and haven't enjoyed a game this much since Madam Fate. Many kudos to all that were involved.
Suzzie

[Post New]by Fjorddaughter on Sep 10, 10 6:07 PM
I remember when I played the first Drawn I thought it was the best game I'd ever played. Now it is the second best after Dark Flight. It is my idea of a perfect game. Imaginative, engaging, long, incredible art, fantastic puzzles, and a help level that is completely controlled by the player. This game deserves the academy award equivalent to best picture! More!!

Edited on 09/10/2010 at 6:10:26 PM PST

eire11
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by eire11 on Sep 10, 10 8:52 PM
Great game. Loved the imagination that was used to develop this game and the interaction required by the player. Definitely not your run of the mill game. Good challenge puzzles as well. Invited the player to use the proverbial thinking cap. Wish there were more like it.

cchyna
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by cchyna on Sep 11, 10 7:27 AM
The bonus game was just as awsome. I enjoyed every minute. I love the graphics and the challenging puzzels. Hope there will be another one!!!

Kilan8
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Kilan8 on Sep 11, 10 8:55 AM
The Drawn series has to be one of my favorites, and as usual, I wasn't disappointed. What a cool game. I love the fact that you have to search to figure out what to do. The hints give you just enough to get the brain working, but doesn't hand feed you.

I can't wait until the next one. I'm starting to get into these darker stories. Like the fact that you have to look deeper into the shadows to find the answers. Yeah this one's a definite winner!

Seascape6
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Seascape6 on Sep 11, 10 5:16 PM
I loved the first Drawn. It just "wowed" me. This one, less so. Still beautiful and interesting and definitely worth the CE price, so no regrets. I just thought it didn't have the same wow factor as the first one, at least for me. The tasks and puzzles were varied and the pictures were lovely, but seemed more childlike in theme.

I'd buy the next one in the series too, because I'm intriqued. I have to see what happens next!

I am still wandering in the bonus content, trying to find my way back to the cemetary, which I can't find even with the great tips from other posters in the forum. And I have resigned myself to utter failure for today. But, tomorrow's another day! (I'm so directionally impaired in real life, and this carries over in games too. So, I have my own challenge to deal with in games that have me going to and fro. This in itself is a puzzle to me!)

Loved the storytelling voice. I have to go back and look at the credits to see who this is. I'd buy books on CD if they were read by this man!

All in all, nicely done and very engaging game.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Sep 11, 10 5:41 PM
Really enjoyed this game! A perfect sequel. Some of the puzzles were tough, so I skipped them the first time through because I was so eager to continue with the game. I'll have to take my time with them the next time through. The music and graphics are absolutely wonderful and the bonus game was a lot of fun.

[Post New]by nothappyjan on Sep 11, 10 7:42 PM
WOW! What a beautiful game. I really enjoyed this one.
Some of the puzzles were pretty hard - challenging.
I didn't really like the pop up books. Thought they were boring.
The music was great.
Awesome graphics.
Didn't like the credits at the end of the game -boring.
Overall a brilliant game. Definately worth the Collectors Edition price.

[Post New]by Zoolifer on Sep 11, 10 8:49 PM
Awesome Game! Excellent production values! Loved the first one and now second! only critical comment: story came across as somewhat trite, not enough guessing like in the first one. But puzzles were great! Could have used more storybooks and painting ones in the middle and near the end though... Please keep these type of games coming Big Fish! are a lot of fun, very much worth the $$

Scottsteaux63
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by Scottsteaux63 on Sep 12, 10 2:47 PM
I enjoyed the sequel as much as the first game. I had a little difficulty chasing things with the net; the game designers should take into consideration that frustration is not fun LOL. All in all, though, a very worthy sequel. Haven't played the bonus round yet but looking forward to it

JanG7
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by JanG7 on Sep 12, 10 3:57 PM
I finally I received my extra ram and downloaded the game. I am not disappointed. Played the first 30 minutes of the demo and now I am off to buy.

This is a great series and I hope there are more to come. But, I should finish this game first.

Thanks fishies for all the great reviews.

fish4game
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by fish4game on Sep 13, 10 4:34 AM
Just want to say huge THANKs to all developers.

The art is so unique and stylish, you'll never mix up this game with some another. The gameplay is a bit hard, but you may always use a hint. It really helps a lot.
Comics minigames, fishes on the scenes, nice music, surprising interactions... you'll definitely find at least one detail you really liked in this game.
Enjoy it!

uniphin
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by uniphin on Sep 13, 10 6:25 AM
superb, every bit as good as the first, and it seems there will be another, can't wait!!!
Well worth paying extra for the CE

omaet
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by omaet on Sep 13, 10 4:19 PM
Very frustating game, poor directions to objectives of puzzles. Some don't even have reset buttons. I have hit the skip puzzle button so many times I am hardly finding it worth playing.
The hints are not very clear and executing them is sometimes impossible.
I enjoy a difficult puzzle, however I want to know what I am supposed to accomplish, how to do what needs to be done and have hints that are clear and short.
I am not going to play any more until someone puts a walkthrough up so I can at least get an idea of what is expected to get ahead.
Too many of the same type of puzzle with little variety in the concept.
I am sorry I paid the collector edition price for it.
First time I have been really frustated and annoyed with one of your games and own at least 25 of them.

[Post New]by artsyar on Sep 14, 10 2:24 PM
game moves too slowly between scenes. I lose my patience waiting for scene to load. In extra movement to beginning finding pieces is so slow that I finally quit, I know putting the pieces together is fun, but having to go all of the way back is really bothersome. This is tooooooo slow for me.

[Post New]by MadDog379 on Sep 14, 10 5:34 PM
did not approach the first game by even half

[Post New]by AuntKess on Sep 15, 10 10:27 AM
Wow I wish all games were of this quality - its astonishing, grand, engaging, beautiful. Any more like this in the pipe line?

pattb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by pattb on Sep 15, 10 12:02 PM
SUPER...SUPER...SUPER...Can't wait until the next one!!!!

[Post New]by shadowcomplex on Sep 16, 10 7:50 AM
Really, really awesome!

hoggette
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by hoggette on Sep 16, 10 5:52 PM
Phaa-nominal!

I beta tested Dark Flight and it didn't disappoint. The graphics are beautiful and the music is enjoyable...a charming yet absorbing game that you can play at your own pace. Some things/solutions are obvious and others not so much, but everything is easy to see. NO JUNKPILES!!! There aren't too many cut scenes to break the mood and the voice acting was well done.

Franklin's narrative and the hint system worked quite well together and you don't have to leave the game or the chapter for a hint. I found that Franklin's tips were enough of a nudge so i only used the hints a few times...mainly when I got lost. By the end of the game I was quite fond of old Franklin. *G*

The navigation and scene transitions were very smooth (awkward/long transitions are pet hate) and I didn't have to adjust my monitor which is a big plus. I really enjoyed the look and feel of the game so I leisurely wandered here and there and finished it in three two-hour sittings.

I also liked that DF has different puzzles, I am so over the usual assortment. The most difficult puzzle hands down was the Queen's face...I finally figured it out but that has to be the most difficult puzzle in a looong time.

A suggestion; when you play the bonus chapter be sure to write down the number of back clicks and directions (left-right-up-down) as you seek out the glass shards. I didn't and spent a frustrating half hour or so figuring out how to get back to the tomb...but you may have a better sense of direction/memory. I thought i was having a senior moment for a while.

I give Drawn: Dark Flight

I can't wait for the next installment.

Go to: