Topper_
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Topper_ on Nov 11, 10 2:52 AM
Not only is the artwork fantastic, the puzzles interesting and challenging but this is quite possibly the best value-for-money HOG I have ever played - and I have played a lot!......

snookataylor
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Edition

[Post New]by snookataylor on Nov 12, 10 2:11 AM
Absolutely fantastic game, took me a long time to finish - more of these please.

[Post New]by actionnewsat5 on Nov 29, 10 1:01 PM
Loved this game. Partly because it was just good and partly because I think I realized that there are some things I have to wait to do and return at a later time. Thanks, BF.

[Post New]by yankeesonlygirl on Jan 22, 11 6:37 PM
Still playing it. It really not sticking to close to the story Poe wrote. I have not figured out if i like it or not. The puzzles and the HOG are pretty easy, but I am no closer to figuring out the end at this point. I have been playing it for a month.

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Editio

[Post New]by lforutne1 on Jan 23, 11 9:59 AM
Please help. I'm so stuck. Somehow I missed the coat hanger for the lever in the library, Otherwise great game. Love the music.
LF
Can anyone tell me where to find the coat hanger in the library?

Edited on 02/14/2011 at 7:45:41 AM PST

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Editio

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Feb 5, 11 3:22 PM
I totally forgot I purchased this game the day it was offered for sale. I have unfortunately forgotten the storyline and it's hard to catch up and find just exactly where I was using the SG. Regarding the SG -- I hate it when the SG doesn't remember where you were when you left off. I am no spring chicken and the only way I can remember is to jot down the page number. Another thing that would be nice is some sort of hint button and/or map.

I'm having a heck of a time finishing the chemical symbol puzzle (vinegar, chalk etc.) and the walkthrough isn't helping me one blasted bit. I am getting aggrevated which takes the fun out of a game for me. Normally I sing ERS games' praises, but for some reason this one just isn't doing it for me.

I give the game 3.5 out of 5 stars and that's generous on my part!

Edited on 02/05/2011 at 4:08:27 PM PST

Strixi
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Strixi on Nov 12, 11 3:55 PM
All I can say is that now that I've gotten this to work on my new 'puter, I must have clicked on the chicken 50 times.

Yovillenoo
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Yovillenoo on Apr 13, 12 9:37 AM
Loved the game. I'm almost at the end and I missed the snake and the tiger statuette, so I'm stuck. have to get up the courage to reset and stat again.

[Post New]by HopperGuy on Apr 15, 12 2:53 PM
I went into the bonus round and got stuck with the paint brush in the glass and the paint in the jar, both on the shelf with the painting (I have nowhere else to go in this round, except that I have a box of matches); I can move the paint brush, but not dip into the paint or paint over the picture. I've been to all of the other rooms that are available in the bonus round, but have found no other places to go. The walkthrough does not seem to include the bonus round. Anyone have any ideas for me or places to inquire?

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Editi

[Post New]by Dianeil on Apr 21, 12 8:27 PM
Had same problem with brush and paint. Put the brush in the wine glass.

Edited on 04/21/2012 at 8:29:53 PM PST

[Post New]by krimma on May 9, 12 10:37 AM
I have the iPad version of the game and I love it except I can't get into the games room so it's driving me mad!!!!!!!
Anyone who can help THANK YOU VERRYYY MMUUCCHH

[Post New]by MrmAlways on Jan 17, 13 12:53 AM
Spoiler possibility

Im stuck. I missed the glue in the hos near the boiler room and though I thought I did absolutely everything; the glue was not added to my inventory. I dont know if I now need to restart the entire game. If I cant get the glue I cant do anything else.

Ive gone back and forth to the right and left, chicken on one side- other side has the fountain and such. I pulled the case down and have some of the boiler connected. I found the pool room. Still back and forth no other HOS to get the glue.

Any suggestions?

NiceZombie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by NiceZombie on Jan 17, 13 1:10 PM
Wow even though this is an old game, I have just finished it all (bought it recently at that sale offer) and I am glad I did!

What a great and long game, took me several hours; so much to do and many locations; it felt like a real adventure game. There were a bit too many HO scenes for my liking but the graphics were nice! I loved the music. And a good creepy story I especially loved the interactive bits that made you think, as how and what objects to use, and great puzzles too.

Excellent classic ERS game!

Go to: