doziedoats
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Valley

[Post New]by doziedoats on Nov 23, 11 1:14 PM
I also found the game boring and didn't find it scary at all. Oh, Oh, am I getting better at this. I admit I am still a novice, but this was a total breeze. I haven't got around though to playing advanced. I like the games that make me feel like a complete dunce. This one didn't.

lizamama
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by lizamama on Dec 19, 11 4:45 AM
demoed and its quite interesting even if there are lots of hidden objects. keep an eye out for Felix right at the start its kinda cute and evillish looking. a couple of jumped out of my chair moments. overall the puzzles and HOGs are easy (played advanced level) tho sometimes hard to see but for a DD i think that's ok and will prob buy it.
one other thing i could switch from advanced to normal and back again in mid play without having to restart game.

[Post New]by utahgranny on Dec 20, 11 3:09 PM
HATED IT!!!!!! Wish I had never gotten it...it's so dark and just plain BLAHHHH.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Dec 28, 11 5:27 PM
I just didn't enjoy this game.

To me, the graphics (other than the "drawn" characters) look a bit blurry. Some items in the H0 scenes were very difficult to find and I did use the hint button sometimes just to finish the scene. I didn't notice the hint button helping outside the H0 scenes (may have overlooked it) but the journal did have some helpful clues. I would have like the ability to click "outside the box" when getting the needed object after a H0 scene or after clicking on a book or paper to read it - I had to always click the "x" or "close" button.

The game just didn't hold my interest very well and I found myself stopping playing and going back to the game a few days later after playing something else between times. Overall, not as good as I would have liked.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 5, 12 4:43 AM
Nice story line but difficult **** Scenes, some scenes are nice and clear but other are too dark and difficult.

Nosferat2
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Nosferat2 on Jan 15, 12 5:23 AM
I'm not one to post much, but I just can't get over how similar the leading lady is to an unadorned Jessica Biel.

So that's a plus.

"To me, the graphics look a bit blurry. Some items in the H0 scenes were very difficult to find and I did use the hint button sometimes just to finish the scene"

I would agree with the above. Darn pickaxe in the mine HOS, I never use the Hints, but after resorting to random clicking and numerous penalties, I gave in.

I do like the mood and story so far.

doziedoats
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by doziedoats on Feb 4, 12 8:48 AM
Really can't elaborate anything more than what the majority of the gang are saying. It was just a drag. I wish there were a few more Adventure games coming out as I really am tired of spending all my time and money searching for Hidden Objects. The puzzles weren't that bad in this game but that was it.

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by auds7466 on Feb 7, 12 2:18 PM
despite the dark graphics and the music. the game was ok. i enjoyed the mini games. the hint button loaded quite quickly

[Post New]by evilgypsy on Feb 27, 12 1:56 PM
This game starts out like it is going to be spooky, twitchy, scary ( I loved the doll head in the bath tub twitch!!! lol) and fun/interesting to play; however, it quickly becomes childish, stupid, uninteresting and as most of the above comments attest, extremely blurry with a lot of misspelled words, etc. Not even worth a $2.99 sell price!!

Edited on 02/27/2012 at 1:57:31 PM PST

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Dec 12, 12 1:52 PM
I bought this game for half off and wished I'd waited a few more days since it went on sale for $2.99! I didn't think it was good enough for the half off price. The trial was excellent and seemed scary enough for my tastes but most of the really creepy stuff comes early in the game and the rest is just dark hallways and hovering apparitions that pop in and move out of scenes at random. The ambient sounds are creepy throughout, however, and combined with the great gothic-looking artwork, save the game for me. I agree with those who complained about the misnamed items and typos but the artwork and sounds are its saving grace. The ending could have been better as not enough storyline was devoted to the vampires.

Edited on 12/12/2012 at 1:56:09 PM PST

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jan 21, 13 5:37 AM
I originally purchased this game way back in 2009 and because BF hasn't come up with a decent game since before Christmas, I decided to load up an old game to play. One thing about loading up an old game is you don't remember it!

I found the HOS in this game to be VERY blurry...so much so that I actually reduced the screen size to bring them into better focus. This blurryness made it very hard to find the items resulting in some frustration and therefore was very time consuming. And I had forgotten how much I really hate click penalties!

Funny, I am usually very forgiving about mispellings..I'm not a great speller myself, but this was so full of them it couldn't be ignored. I mean like, "burried alive"? Took me awhile to figure that one out! LOL.

Interesting way to collect items and the story looked great, although since I don't remember it I'm beginning to think maybe I didn't make it through the whole game for the same reason I'm not going to this time...the dark and blurry scenes just make it too cumbersome and slow.

Edited on 01/21/2013 at 5:43:22 AM PST

Go to: