Chaorite
Clownfish
Clownfish
940 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Age: The Dark Priests

[Post New]by Chaorite on Dec 25, 10 9:50 PM
Hmmm...

A somewhat strange interactive HOG but enjoyable none the less. I played it at leisure, taking my time over it so it lasted me more than a few days and I certainly had to consult a walkthrough on a couple of occasions to get myself moving again.

However, having played things like Magic Encyclopedia before where you need to solve one element of the HOG scene to uncover another, what I was seeing made sense and I was able to progress quite nicely.

The scenes are rather lush and there are a variety of things to achieve so it's not dull.

I honestly think that those looking for a simple HOG which will lead them from one scene to another will find this absolutley out of their league. This is one of those rarer but absolutely adorable INTERACTIVE games which require the player not just to locate items but then really think about how to use them - and where.

If you enjoyed games like the Magic Encyclopedia series, Queen of Spades, Echoes of the Past series, and perhaps even the Phantom of the Opera, then this will be right up your alley and you'll have a ball.

If you were more partial to things like Gypsy's Tale or the Flux Family series then this will so far off base it's not worth considering for you.

Enjoy

nat_pink25
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,920 Posts

[Post New]by nat_pink25 on Jan 5, 11 11:21 AM
First of all I have to agree with what Chaorite said about that it's on of those rare interactive games that requires you to think about how to use the items and where to use them .

My first thought was I really didn't like first Mystery Age and I will probably won't like this one also. But OH MAN! how I was wrong.. This game is wonderful, GREAT story-line, GREAT graphics,& it makes you think every-way of the game, which is great!.

I really don't like the games that you have to look for parts to complete the object but this one had a little bit of everything, It had that & Hidden object scenes & some adventure in it .

What can i say it's an awesome game and everyone should at least try it!.

I give it a 4.5 out of 5 .

mollyroselee
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by mollyroselee on Jan 6, 11 10:28 AM
just finished playing game. great job. really enjoyed

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Jan 15, 11 8:19 AM
This was a great game. Beautiful detailed graphics, perfectly paced adventure elements and it was quite long. It had a very nice flow, with a few fairly easy puzzles mixed in between hidden object searches and inventory collection/usage. The magical world you explore had a little of everything, which was lovely in terms of visuals, but not much in terms of a cohesive story. Nonetheless, the gameplay was very smooth and compelling. Overall, a highly enjoyable, long and well-made game.

sm100554
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by sm100554 on Jan 28, 11 2:21 PM
What a wonderful game!! One of the best around, wish they were all like this. Highly recommend.

[Post New]by Miniatures1 on Feb 9, 11 5:21 AM
What a GREAT GAME!! also a very long one!

ms_mamiller
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by ms_mamiller on Feb 11, 11 11:36 AM
I just had to give this game a chance! This is 1 of 4 games I recently applied credit to. The graphics were amazing and I am hopeful. I will let you know my final thoughts, review, when I actually get to and beat the game...

[Post New]by littlemissr19 on Mar 1, 11 5:13 PM
Okay, first review of a game and I'm sad it has to be a bad one. However, I'd debated buying this game for a couple weeks and popped on here to check reviews and finally gave in and bought it and was incredibly disappointed. I liked the way the HOG scenes were set up; they're definitely creative and can be difficult. The puzzles I found boring though and the story itself struck me as cheesy. I actually dozed off playing because I could not stay interested, no matter how hard I tried to force myself to enjoy it. I guess I was looking for something much darker and spookier than this and instead of getting Stray Souls or Maestro, I felt like I got Disney Land.

Johny_d
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Johny_d on Mar 4, 11 5:56 AM
Wonderful game. You can feel the atmosphere.

love2so
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by love2so on Mar 4, 11 8:16 AM
Thank you to all of you that give reviews of the games. I always look in the Forum before I buy a game to see what everyone thinks. It is very helpful to me, since I am a newbie at this. I have been burned on several games and value your opinions.

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Mar 10, 11 11:09 AM
Very nice game, I have enjoyed!!

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Mar 12, 11 8:41 AM
Awesome, beautifully done game in every respect. Kudos to the developers for getting this one just right! I really can't add anything more than what's already been said, except to say "buy it" and I guarantee you will not be sorry.

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Mar 23, 11 11:19 AM
[b]Best ending i have seen in a long time....this game was fun, full of great sceneries and graphics that were crystal clear....Long game too...i delayed buying it because of the dark theme but it turned out it was not at all...i also delayed because i thought it was one of those gather the pieces and parts and i am not overly fond of those...but this was a mixed bag of puzzles and great H.O. and gathering the pieces and story.....and it was lovely...

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Mar 24, 11 1:24 PM
Couldn't agree with you more Enigma5619, as I bought this game some time ago and have only just come back to it to finish. Can't remember why I stopped playing it in the first place but I'm so glad I remembered it needed a conclusion.
Each part was beautifully done and very varied so it was never boring. I agree that the ending was a pretty good one (don't you just had a rotten finale! Sort of leaves you up in the air and frustrated!). This ending gave a pleasant warm feeling that good prevails in the end...... a hope for the future and a great positive outlook.
Can't be bad.
All good wishes to you Fishes and Big Fish (of course),
Pat_ric_ia x

GIMLISAXE
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by GIMLISAXE on Apr 5, 11 11:02 PM
While I agree with most of the positive comments, I just had trouble getting into the game.

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Apr 28, 11 4:32 AM
I played this game on and off since it was released and have just finished it. I have to say, after playing other games of this genre, this was a really good game. Beautiful graphics, lots of things to do, easy objects to find in the hidden object scences, multiple locations - all which make a nice game. Except for the lame ending (i.e. the very last thing to happen) the game was great.

d0080b
Stingray
Stingray
5,334 Posts

[Post New]by d0080b on May 8, 11 5:18 PM
Unique mini puzzles, don't care for the fragmented H0s but the rest of the game was worth the time and effort. Enjoyable game.

jusme10
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by jusme10 on May 23, 11 12:05 PM
i loved it, too many hidden object scenes but at least you get something you needed to use out of them, and helped you figure where to go next and what to do(where as i need a lot of help)...fantastic graphics, of course i would've loved it to be longer like myst and others, but still a very good game...i really enjoyed it...

kathey12
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by kathey12 on Jun 18, 11 8:19 PM
Fantastic Game!
Enjoyed playing this one!

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jun 24, 11 3:09 PM
Enjoying this. Nice graphics and music, and there's some challenge in it. Everything you find is relevant (so far in the demo, anyway). I like the set-up of the interface, and the story looks like it'll get interesting. Probably will buy.

Go to: