emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Fear for Sale: The Mystery of McInroy Manor Collector's Edition

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Nov 23, 10 5:15 PM
I almost didn't try this game after reading so many negative reviews, but I tried it anyway... And ended up buying it and glad I did. Some of the hidden objects were very hard to find but I really didn't mind - maybe I was more patient after reading the reviews. I also didn't mind the music - I've heard far worse - but music is so subjective to individual tastes. Anyway - this was a good game - not great, but good. Glad I bought it.

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Fear for Sale: The Mystery of McInroy Manor Collector's Edition

[Post New]by exact on Nov 23, 10 7:02 PM
I really enjoyed this game. Wonderful artistry. It made looking for hidden objects really fun! So many other great objects to look at. I was in awe of the time put into developing this game. Well worth the price of a CE. Fitting music,not annoying and a good story line. Sorry to have finished it!

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Nov 24, 10 12:43 PM
played the demo, loved it, bought it, yes i know. another spooky game....while i was searching for something someone in my house sneezed, i screamed...omg too funny! that alone was enuff to make me buy. still playing, at the point of trying to turn on the electric.
as far as similarity, i don't really care, since there can be only so much novelty. i like
'em dark and scary, but am open to anything new. have d/l the new mcf, so am saving that for tomorrow. since house is in the middle of remodel i don't have to cook dinner, yea! mcf rtr was my very first game years ago, so i am hoping the new one will be equally entertaining.
play on, fishies!

Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on Nov 24, 10 4:59 PM
Just finished the bonus game. I thought the game was good. It was interesting. However, I just do not think that it was quite CE quality. BFG is usually on the money when they offer CEs. This somewhat simplistic. The sparkles led you everywhere and gave you no chance to investigate in the game. Sometimes I enjoy a game that this easy but not as a CE.

I did not hate the game; a term that I do not like to use to describe a game. I it was rather enjoyable. Good graphics, good storyline. length was ok.

[Post New]by HOTTENTOTVENUS on Nov 25, 10 7:11 AM
I am in the boiler room and I DO NOT HAVE A SHOVEL AND THE HINT BUTTON DOES NOT WORK!! I looked at the strategy guide and saw that the shovel is on top of the cupboard, but I do not see it in my game. Could anybody help me?

Tamlin55
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by Tamlin55 on Nov 25, 10 9:40 AM
I'm sorry -- I'm one of the naysayers. The storyline seems intriguing, but I'm finding the gameplay extremely tedious. Puzzles seem to trigger an endless series of Hidden Object scenes. The screens are very dark, and for me, it's hard to see the objects. I don't think I've finished one of the scenes without using a hint, and I'm usually pretty good at them. The hint globe takes forever to recharge, you move a little farther, and then, bam! another hidden object scene. Sorry not enough incentive for me to continue. I don't think I'll be buying even the regular version of this one. JMHO.

FARRALOU
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by FARRALOU on Nov 25, 10 10:55 AM
re:equusjoy,Tent City is a great idea-make room for me!the real problem is BFG not accepting our game credits or free game codes to purchase CE's.I had 4 credits from last month[yes,buying CE's] HEY,BFG,ARE YOU LISTENING?

kona93
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by kona93 on Nov 25, 10 1:20 PM
I got to the end of the bonus part of the game, and I am unable to put the scroll on the platform to finish. The hint button just keeps telling me to click on the left then right lever. The levers are already straight up. Won't let me put the scroll on the platform. Help!

CiCiRR
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by CiCiRR on Nov 26, 10 9:33 PM
No way would I pay for the CE of the game. Graphics are unclear, navigation seems to be all over the place.

Frankly, collector's editions of games are a waste of money. Many, many sites, external to BF offer walkthrough's for NOTHING - NOT A PENNY. And we pay an extra few bucks for the "strategy guide". Give me a break

If we all waited for SE to come out, maybe "collector's editions" would disappear.

But then again, if the game is "collectable", maybe I should state in my will that my son gets the games.

HolyCarp
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by HolyCarp on Nov 28, 10 11:45 AM
bah.....too bad it's not for me
hog scenes just too grainy.....size of objects are NOT in scale....grey on grey feather? arghhhhhh!
hope that those that do like will have a great play!

p.s. even with the cons, just might purchase at reg price if we have another dry spell

p.s.s. I really really really enjoyed 13th skull and shelrlock homes...

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Nov 29, 10 11:25 AM
exact wrote:I really enjoyed this game. Wonderful artistry. It made looking for hidden objects really fun! So many other great objects to look at. I was in awe of the time put into developing this game. Well worth the price of a CE. Fitting music,not annoying and a good story line. Sorry to have finished it!

Absolutely agree. Loved it. Well worth the money. Beautiful graphics and challenging intricate game play. I love finding things and remembering where they go or are used. Extra game play was also challenging and an acceptable length. You can certainly see the difference in the quality of this game as compared to some others that have been offered recently. Hats off to the developers.

[Post New]by christinestokoe on Dec 2, 10 6:35 AM
I have played this game as far as the basement and then it cmes up with the message 'thanks for playing the demo' which is stupid as I have paid the full price for the game. I have changed player name and I get to the same place. I have tried to unistall and it wont. Its really annoying. How do I get the game to be the full version I have paid for?

jjj13
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jjj13 on Dec 7, 10 3:46 AM
Too many sparkles and hints as to what to do next made this game too easy for me. This meant that I finished the game very quickly and therefore felt it was not worthy of the CE price. If had not 'led me by the nose' this would have been a great game in my opinion. Find just lately that games do not seem to strike the right balance between not leaving you totally frustrated as to what to do next and more-or-less telling you what to do step by step.

togood2be
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by togood2be on Dec 8, 10 1:22 AM
All in all I thought this was a pretty good CE. The extra play was pretty long, although I did take a break in between the game and the extra. That may be why it seemed long. I did get all achievements the first time around which is kind of disappointing lol can't say as I have ever done that before 5 hours and no miss clicks were tough, but the items are pretty easy to find for the most part.
My only issue is that looking at the walkthrough all items within a hog are identical. Second play will have to wait 6 months or so, until I forget where everything is.

ViviOlivi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by ViviOlivi on Dec 8, 10 1:07 PM
This is by far the best game I have tried (and purchased) thus far! Highly recommended!!!

out of

[Post New]by juliehart on Dec 9, 10 4:57 PM
Having nothing but problems. Mouse is way too slow, game freezes and crashes my computer. I have only been able to play for about 5 minutes. If something isn't done, I want my money back!

boomer1955
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by boomer1955 on Dec 10, 10 1:48 PM
I purchased Fear for sale: Mystery fo McInroy Manor Collection's Edition and I do not like it. Everytime I try to play it freezes up a lot. It also takes so long to change from one scene to another. I am really disappointed it this game. Have purchased a lot of games from Big Fish and for the most part have been very happy with them. I would like to have my money back on this game, so I can buy another one which is better. Thank you!

VelvetRose55
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by VelvetRose55 on Dec 11, 10 8:01 AM
I thought this was one of the sillier, more child-like games. I only played the trial version and I wouldn't buy it. The story itself is hokey but the game show part of it is a true turn off. I didn't even finish out the hour.

It seemed to have a split personality. It tried to be spooky with a horror atmosphere. But then it turned into a bright colored silly game show. The seams just didn’t match.

magfan
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by magfan on Dec 12, 10 10:43 AM
I downloaded the demo for McInroy Manor around December 3, so I assume it's the new and improved version. The game didn't seem to have trouble installing, but as soon as I tried to start the game it threw up an error box about kernel32.dll being the wrong version or corrupt. Then the screen went black for a second as if it was going to start, and then back to the desktop. It did this every time I tried to start the game. I tried rebooting, but it made no difference. I did a Google search for "McInroy Manor" and kernel32.dll but all I found was a thread about a kernel32.dll error with Deadtime Stories (a game that played perfectly on this computer with no errors). I've tried uninstalling McInroy Manor and redownloading/reinstalling it, but got the same result. I know my computer is old, but I'm still playing regular adventure games on it (as long as they don't require Pixel Shader 3 -- my ATI Radeon X800 video card can't handle better than Pixel Shader 2) and I'm surprised if it can't handle a casual. I have XP and don't remember ever seeing a game tell me I had a wrong version or corrupt version of kernel32.dll. I think the game is still bugged and is giving me a bogus error message.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Dec 14, 10 9:00 PM
boomer1955 wrote:I purchased Fear for sale: Mystery fo McInroy Manor Collection's Edition and I do not like it. Everytime I try to play it freezes up a lot. It also takes so long to change from one scene to another. I am really disappointed it this game. Have purchased a lot of games from Big Fish and for the most part have been very happy with them. I would like to have my money back on this game, so I can buy another one which is better. Thank you!

Boomer - U need to contact big fish if you are having problems. That and post the problems in the link they provided. The one great thing about BFG is that they totally stand behind their products. When I first joined (was it really over 3 years ago now??) I bought several large file games that I had alot of problems with. They tried to fix them for me first as I did really want the games, then if they couldn't they gave me a game credit for it.

I will remain a loyal BFG customer - Happy Gaming!

Go to: