Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium technical issues here only

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Nov 29, 10 1:53 PM
I hadn`t problems with the CE. But I have problems with the standard version, very curious. Like many other already posted, I have also the ugly cursor problem. Please fix this.

bjwhitt
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by bjwhitt on Nov 29, 10 1:57 PM
Another Fish heard from...... I downloaded and played the trial for the CE with no problems at all. So when the SE came out I almost bought it sight unseen, so to speak, but something stopped me and I just downloaded the trial. So glad I did, it runs so slow and the cursor want hardly move at all. I won't be buying this one till the bugs are fixed.

[Post New]by leonardbaby on Nov 29, 10 2:22 PM
This solved my issue of game not loading after I had played successfully and went to play again. Here is what customer service had me do and it worked for me on Vista Home Premium 64x.

Click on: Start, Computer, Organize, Folder and Search Options, View (make sure "show hidden files and folders" is checked), Apply, Okay, "User Name" Folder, AppData Folder, Roaming Folder, ERS Game Studios Folder, Haunted Halls Folder, Beta Folder, delete Log HTML file.

[Post New]by theatergirl on Nov 29, 10 2:34 PM
I heard back from Customer Service. Did a Dr. Felix diagnosis and waiting to hear back from someone. Hope it can be fixed soon.

[Post New]by tinybubles on Nov 29, 10 3:32 PM
Yes, it appears this game has a lot of technical issues. I downloaded it and it played pretty good except slow to acknowledge items taken etc. The big issue here is after I closed the game and went to re-start it it won't play. As others have posted it says the game is running yet I can't get it to start up again. I have to literally shut down my computer each time, because I can't get anything else to run on if I don't. I have removed the game and reinstalled in twice and the same problem. Can't play the game.

Corie60
Herring
Herring
379 Posts

[Post New]by Corie60 on Nov 29, 10 3:37 PM
I suppose my two cents are just piling on now, but I really expected BF to have come out with some sort of statement by now regarding the problem with this game. I was going to purchase the SE version but after seeing all of the complaints I will keep my powder dry. Just one mention by BF that they are aware of a problem would be helpful! Very strange indeed.

Corie60
Herring
Herring
379 Posts

[Post New]by Corie60 on Nov 29, 10 3:38 PM
Well looky there...I morphed into a minnow lol...

bfgOkeechobee
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by bfgOkeechobee on Nov 29, 10 3:59 PM
Hey folks!

We are looking into the issues users are reporting. Our apologies for the delay in communicating that with you all! We're down to one moderator today (myself) swimming through game threads and Chit-Chat Corner, so I'm a lil' bleary eyed!

But I did want you to know that we are investigating these issues. We will update the game forum with any news!

If you are having trouble with the game, please get in touch with Tech Support. Just click on the , then scroll down the page and click on the 'Contact Us' link.

-bfgOkeechobee

sas24471
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by sas24471 on Nov 29, 10 4:08 PM
I tried the delete html file and on my Window's 7 it just said preparing to recycle and was stuck there twice. Had to shut down completly to get anything to work. I don't know why I can't delete it - it seems that might work, getting rid of the file that say's you are still in the game, but alas another dead end with this game

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Nov 29, 10 4:56 PM
Just adding fuel to the fire. Yep, the game worked just fine for a while but after I left, couldn't get the darn thing to open again. Have written to tech support. Lets see what they come up with.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Nov 29, 10 5:31 PM
Well, I can see that I'm not the only one experiencing sluggish game play and the inability to use the custom cursor without trouble. Will uninstall game and not purchase until BFG gets this figured out and fixed.

Edited on 11/29/2010 at 6:15:38 PM PST

[Post New]by lostbuttrying on Nov 29, 10 5:52 PM
Why oh why did I not take heed ? Why oh why did I not pay attention? Because apparently I'm an idiot! Same problems playing (or NOT playing) as the others on the preceeding 10 pages of complaints. Sent the issue to tech support, we'll see.

Game refuses to restart

[Post New]by Choppykins on Nov 29, 10 6:47 PM
pSyCHoSpiLLeR wrote:If you are having problems restarting the game go to the User/Application Data/ERS game Studios/Haunted Halls.../Beta directory and blow off the log.html file. To see your Application Data directory go to Tools->Folder Options->View and select the radio button for Show hidden files and folders. You will have to remove this file each time you want to reopen the game.

This is fixing it every time for me - whenever the cursor goes wonky and the game starts to slow down, close the game, delete this file, restart game - perfect!

Edited on 11/29/2010 at 6:48:31 PM PST

Game refuses to restart

[Post New]by Suzeeduzee on Nov 29, 10 7:55 PM
Choppykins wrote:
pSyCHoSpiLLeR wrote:If you are having problems restarting the game go to the User/Application Data/ERS game Studios/Haunted Halls.../Beta directory and blow off the log.html file. To see your Application Data directory go to Tools->Folder Options->View and select the radio button for Show hidden files and folders. You will have to remove this file each time you want to reopen the game.

This is fixing it every time for me - whenever the cursor goes wonky and the game starts to slow down, close the game, delete this file, restart game - perfect!

Sadly my wife has the "program already running" error. I delete the html file and the game starts up but the save is corrupted so she has to start over. Ran it for awhile, repeat, rinse. So can play but once it stops, deleting the file deletes the save and starting over.

boo hoo.

And why oh why is there a beta directory for a full release? And why are we deleting the log file there? hmph.

Jen916
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Jen916 on Nov 29, 10 8:33 PM
leonardbaby wrote:This solved my issue of game not loading after I had played successfully and went to play again. Here is what customer service had me do and it worked for me on Vista Home Premium 64x.

Click on: Start, Computer, Organize, Folder and Search Options, View (make sure "show hidden files and folders" is checked), Apply, Okay, "User Name" Folder, AppData Folder, Roaming Folder, ERS Game Studios Folder, Haunted Halls Folder, Beta Folder, delete Log HTML file.

I did the above and it seems to have worked. Just curious, what did that do that helped?

Jen916
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Jen916 on Nov 29, 10 8:40 PM
Never mind. Got to the eyeball puzzle and it just slowed waaaaaaaay down again.

gaylele
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by gaylele on Nov 29, 10 8:44 PM
If the demo worked okay for you but wouldn't load when you purchased it, you might try this:

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium, and so far everything is working......

FireOpal
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by FireOpal on Nov 29, 10 9:06 PM
Yep, this sped the game up to normal for me as well. Unfortunately, my AVG ver only has 15min disable segments. :/ You should NEVER have to disable your virus scanner for a game tho, IMO.

Puzz3DCat wrote:
jaroch wrote:
jaroch wrote:I don't know if this will help anyone else, but I was finally able to get the game to work by temporarily disabling AVG protection.

Just to clarify ... I'm not suggesting that BF doesn't have a responsibility to provide a product that works without jumping through hoops. They do!

But for those who are frustrated at how long it's taking to get a fix, I wanted to let you know about a (temporary) workaround that made it possible for me to play the game.

Disabling AVG solved the floating cursor problem for me!! Thanks to jaroch!

kitkat725
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by kitkat725 on Nov 29, 10 10:01 PM
tinybubles wrote:Yes, it appears this game has a lot of technical issues. I downloaded it and it played pretty good except slow to acknowledge items taken etc. The big issue here is after I closed the game and went to re-start it it won't play. As others have posted it says the game is running yet I can't get it to start up again. I have to literally shut down my computer each time, because I can't get anything else to run on if I don't. I have removed the game and reinstalled in twice and the same problem. Can't play the game.

kitkat725
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by kitkat725 on Nov 29, 10 10:03 PM
I received a refund because of the same problems! I loved this game and was just starting chapter 3 when the game shut down!

Go to: