Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Haunted Legends: The Queen of Spades Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 14, 10 3:21 AM
Oaktown1 wrote:I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I agree with the comments re: how easy this game was ... I don't know if I'd say 'boring', but I thought it was incredibly simple. The puzzles were very easy, and I was never close to using a hint, let alone consult the Strategy Guide. Maybe I just got lucky. But not a great game, imo.

I am with you there. As I said before, I only ever needed the SG once when I didn´t know what to do with the cheese (and how you have to use it was rather silly anyway). Other than that, I had no problems finding all the cards, finding all the objects, and finishing the game.

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Haunted Legends: The Queen of Spades Collector's Edition

[Post New]by pvsquare on Dec 14, 10 5:28 AM
This is a very cool game. I usually wait for the SE game to come out but this time I could not wait. The ERS people have a knack for coming out with a good game.

Edited on 12/14/2010 at 5:31:14 AM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Dec 14, 10 5:32 AM
Great ihog! Graphic great, storyline very interesting. I will buy it as a Standard version

[Post New]by xandersmomk on Dec 14, 10 8:18 AM
Read some reviews and I have played the demo. I must comment again that I think not being able to use credits is horrible. I would even consider using 2 credits for CE's but not an option. I really think this time the CE is not worth it since the reviewers overall don't think its worth it and I was disappointed with 13th Skull CE. I will wait for regular edition on this one.

Think about it Big Fish. Let us use our credits for CE!!! We paid real $ for them.

lvbrule
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by lvbrule on Dec 14, 10 12:49 PM
Bought the CE w/o trying it and am totally happy I did! Happy Holidays to me!! I'm now a new fan of this developer. Now I have more MCF's to look forward too and this developer! I do read the forums first as there are a few ies (I wont put undo pressure on you by naming you! ) who seem to like the same kind of games and developers that I do...so I look for their comments and go from there.

Just a few highlights from me=1.) truly great whimsical graphics 2.) HOG items easy to see, challenging to find, no multiclicking penalty 3.) great replay value ( I love to take my time in regular mode, then play again in challenging mode 4.) CE bonus was really great because I didnt want it to end) 5.) music & sound goes w/theme and still not irritating.

Only negative=even though it took me over a week to play thru (off/on of course!), I still wanted to play more! Highly skilled players have probably finished in 3-4hrs or less. Also, for those players who DO NOT enjoy going from place to place, you may want to demo first.

Anxiously looking forward to the next one from this developer...Thank you BFG!

Giving this one a 5 out of 5.

[Post New]by Skidget on Dec 14, 10 5:32 PM
Does anyone know where to find the heart in a jar. I have searched everywhere. Help

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Dec 15, 10 2:13 AM
Just finished the game and agree with everyone else, the bonus game is way too short. However, in saying that, the main game is excellent, which makes up for the bonus play.

BigCatMama
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by BigCatMama on Dec 15, 10 5:01 AM
I just finished the game and the bonus game, and I'm certainly not sorry I spent the money for the CE. On REs I print out the walkthroughs - do you know how much color ink cartridges cost these days?! The CE cost was a bargain. I have to use the SG often, mostly for the puzzles, and having it was a big bonus for me.

Like many others, I had some issues with the SG (the Strategy Guide, not the little creep). I got eyestrain reading the type font - it was too fancy and too small. I also would have liked the SG to tell me which chapter I was in, especially when I was trying to find the two cards that I'd missed. And there was nothing to tell me which parts of the game each chapter related to, or even when each chapter of the SG ended. The developers dropped the ball on this one. To those developers who say, "But you finished the game, didn't you?", I'd have to reply that it would have been more fun without the Visine.

I guess I got spoiled by Hound of the Baskervilles and its map that told you where tasks needed to be done, and I really would have appreciated that kind of a map on this one. I navigated around the town all right, but the mansion drove me nuts. I like having a wide variety of locations, but I don't like to waste time trying to find them.

I found some of the H.O. scenes a bit junky, but they were generally navigable. There were quite a few objects that didn't resemble anything in my experience, and I had to click around in hopes that I'd hit something. I did like the fact that the names of the objects remained visible after I'd found them, so I could tell which of those unrecognizable things I'd hit. My experience with other games also helped me out here - after playing Dire Priests multiple times, I can find clock hands like a pro!

I had to keep the music very low, but it did sound to me as if it was skipping, or maybe just bumpy.

All in all, it was a good time and certainly worth the money I spent. When I play again (and I will), I'll certainly draw a map as I go, as well as keeping a list of which scenes need futher action (where was that clock again?).

[Post New]by momgamer2009 on Dec 15, 10 2:17 PM
I really love this game

[Post New]by anjetz on Dec 16, 10 1:02 AM
A great game! Excellent game! Maybe the best in 2010!!!

phoenix64
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by phoenix64 on Dec 16, 10 10:59 AM
Thoroughly enjoyed this game, graphics brilliant, music a bit of a distraction but muted a bit helped. Not too many places to visit so little chance of getting lost. Looking forward to the next Haunted Legends.

jjj13
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jjj13 on Dec 16, 10 2:28 PM
Great game but not much bonus content so if not already bought I would wait for the SE edition.

tropdechats
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by tropdechats on Dec 16, 10 2:44 PM
Just finished the game, including the bonus play. The game itelf is a lot of fun, if a bit simple. The bonus play, once again, is not worth the additonal cost. For me, the CEs are consistently not worth the additional money, since I do not want the wallpaper, music, concept art, etc. I just want additional game play. And so far, the additional game play on CEs is not worth the addirional money. Last CE I will buy until this chagnes.

calamari7
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by calamari7 on Dec 16, 10 3:11 PM
Another quality game from those very clever folks a ERS ......loved it! I did fake myself out though......when I got to the end I had only collected 51 of the cards so I checked [click on area that tells you your number of card and you can see which one(s) you are missing and you can go back and get it] I consulted the SG on where to find the 3 of diamonds, and it started detailing places and things I HADN'T DONE or seen, and yet I had finished the game.........huh? Anyhoo, to make a long story short I was reading the bonus game.......grrrr My only suggestion about the game is that, as your playing the game, the chapters should be defined because that is the way the SG is laid out. Other than that, wonderful graphics/art work, story line [cute little weird Gollum-like character] lots of HOG scenes, many places to go and things to do.......puzzles are medium to difficult [really enjoyed "paddling" the boat to the other side of the lake], and a couple that I skipped but will play next time I change my player name. Like others, I wished the bonus had been longer..............can't wait for the sequel!! It's fun to play and highly recommended .......*smack

Edited on 12/17/2010 at 10:13:19 AM PST

[Post New]by shortpixie on Dec 16, 10 4:29 PM
Skidget wrote:Does anyone know where to find the heart in a jar. I have searched everywhere. Help

The heart in a jar can be found on the table next to Andre the card player. I missed this the first time through and just started searching all the rooms until I came across the soldier slumped over the piano. His note talked about Andre killing him and remembered that the diary talked about Andre cutting the soldier's heart out. Went back to Andre, zoomed in on the table and there was the heart in a jar!

Hope this helps!

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Dec 17, 10 7:59 AM
Another absolutely brilliant game from a ERS Game Studios!!!
Now i'am waiting for a new game from ERS:
Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of the Full Moon

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Dec 17, 10 8:14 AM
zorroback2... did you see the other game that they have coming up soon - Maestro: Music of Death? That one looked pretty awesome, too!

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Dec 17, 10 2:10 PM
Yes, I did! Love the ERS game studios! It just make my life happy!

Edited on 12/18/2010 at 1:57:10 PM PST

txredhead
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by txredhead on Dec 17, 10 4:16 PM
Liked this game better then MCF 13 Skulls. I was up late because I could not stop playing.

chumface
Herring
Herring
355 Posts

[Post New]by chumface on Dec 17, 10 9:19 PM
Sorry to be the "nay sayer" here! But, unlike the other games from ERS Game Studios, I will not be replaying this one...It was just OK.
Too much going back and forth to continue without seeing "real game clues" as to where to go next!
Did not care for the "bad guy"...he just did not seem "spooky enough" to me!

Edited on 12/17/2010 at 9:20:58 PM PST

Go to: