mtgirl
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,151 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery of Mortlake Mansion

[Post New]by mtgirl on Dec 22, 10 3:07 PM
I really liked this,at first,but it got VERY repetitious.I would not have bought it if I had realized this.I would give it 2 out of 5.It is very well done graphically,as others have said.

Edited on 12/22/2010 at 3:07:59 PM PST

[Post New]by HOTTENTOTVENUS on Dec 22, 10 5:38 PM
At first, I didn't like graphics. BUT, once my 'eye' got used to the art, I realized how creative it really is. The hidden objects are clever!!! Only one thing, for some reason I don't have enough pages in the Book of Shadows to refer to when I need them. Otherwise, I like the game. I think it is funny and fun.

lunachan
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by lunachan on Dec 23, 10 1:03 AM
I don't like this one.....

I just finished it and although the graphics were inviting...I can't believe I spent a credit on this game. I dled it first and thought I'd like it- Oh well.
I rushed through it because I thought I may go to sleep. (Maybe I should have turned that music off??) I used the hint button way more than I have in any other game I've played. I think Dead time Stories was better. I'm just glad it's over...I really don't like to have that feeling when I finish a game- y'know??
I will say this however: The dev's put a lot into this.
But for this fishie, it just wasn't enough.
But each to his/her own. If you loved this game- Have a great time!

Anyway...............
Happy Holidays Everyone !!!!

=Lunachan

tomb57
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by tomb57 on Dec 23, 10 12:11 PM
Very nice game-I had a problem with the book of shadows not going into its place on my first game, so had to restart as another player.
After that it was a great game, lots of fun going in and out of the shadow world, and other complications built into the game made it a long lasting combo of puzzles and hog's.
Hints and walkthroughs were helpful if I really got stuck, but overall a really great game.
Thanks BFG!!!

Rose_Ann
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Rose_Ann on Dec 23, 10 12:27 PM
I don't like the low-res graphics - very cartoonish and cheap looking. It makes objects difficult to identify. I think this would be an excellent game if the developers had invested more time and effort.

petal62
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by petal62 on Dec 23, 10 3:52 PM
well i must say this game was superb it was well worth the money a very long game excellent grapics and sound best ive played yet need more like this well done xx well done bfg

Edited on 12/23/2010 at 3:53:23 PM PST

[Post New]by lpnmichy on Dec 24, 10 9:36 AM
Is this a good buy?

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Dec 24, 10 11:45 AM
i have just finished this game (it takes me days as I can only play for perhaps 30 minutes at a time for medical reasons).

I loved it, a lot of people did not like the graphics but they make such a lovely change from the too realistic renderings of many modern games. The puzzles made me think but were not so hard that I couldn't accomplish them; so many are too difficult in other games & I end up skipping a lot.

In addition I loved the going back & forward between the 'real' and the 'shadow' rooms of the mansions & thank heavens I did not need to resort to a walkthrough, with patience & thought I was able to finish the game without help.

You may think that this means it is too easy but please remember we are not all first class gamers & I was beginning to feel that there would never be a good game that I could accomplish without assistance. This game is a real joy for this inexperienced gamer. Thank you to the developers & artists who were involved in the making of Mortlake Mansion.

[Post New]by wipeoutmama on Dec 24, 10 3:14 PM
any more games like this one on here? i really am enjoying this one. and merry christmas!!!!!

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Dec 25, 10 1:02 AM
I came, I demoed, I bought...then thanks to that map I conquered!!

I really appreciated the original graphics, the HOGs were a challenge at first til I got attuned to the style. Nothing too small or obscure, just artfully placed to be challenged enough, then using less hints than the start pretty much flowed. Could even solve most the puzzles myself without SG and when "lost" the map was ingenious. I like knowing when there is nothing more to do somewhere, and played Easy. I liked the male voice best. Now I'm anxious to go back and play again just to admire the work that went into it (and the money, no cheapies here IMO). And wow, what a finish.

Can't believe I interrupted my enjoyment of Queen of Spades to stop and play this over 2 sessions, and I love the Queen CE, just couldn't help myself LOL.

Okay, not for everyone, but felt it was exactly tailored for me, no expert here, just play to have fun. And I did.

Bexa
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Bexa on Dec 25, 10 9:29 AM
I loved this game. The line drawings are very nice and no garbage heap HOs. The mini-games were challenging, but not diabolical. I knew I could solve them if I stuck with it, unlike some others.

Hint charged quickly if needed and the map function was very nice. It was great to know I didn't have to backtrack ahead of time.

Nice and long. Although as I said, it's not diabolically difficult, there were many levels and I stayed involved over a few days.

Nice one...I recommend it for the gamer like me who enjoys the process and being able to finish without wanting to throw the laptop through the window.

lros
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by lros on Dec 25, 10 10:53 AM
I am a very fussy gamer but I have to say this is a good one. I wasn't too sure to buy but all of your comments convinced me. And I'm glad I listened to you. I thought the graphics were primative, but the concept is great.

Thanks for always steering me in the right direction.

Now I'm not sure if I should buy Moonfell Woods next. All of you seem to like it, so I guess I'll give it a try.

Thanks

100thMonkey
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by 100thMonkey on Dec 25, 10 6:31 PM
I totally agree with so many of the positive reviews I've read. One thing I really, really liked was the unpredictability of the game. Many times Cagliostro would show up and I'd have to deal with him or objects would be in rooms I'd already checked. I found the map really helpful if I was unsure where to go.

I'll look for more in this series or from these devs!

Great job everybody and a special nod to the actors who did a fantastic job!

myuzik
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by myuzik on Dec 25, 10 9:28 PM
I played the trial version and before I was finished with that, I bought the game. I have had to uninstall it and I am in the process of re-installing as I could not click on the painting in the 2nd hall for the hidden object scene - which is necessary to get to the last key.
I hope it works out for me as it is a good game and has kept me busy for some time.

lvbrule
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by lvbrule on Dec 25, 10 10:06 PM
Bought it after reading the forum and was NOT disappointed! Long, challenging, and only skipped one puzzle early on...(got the hang of it later so that was a regret! Looks like it is replayable at a more difficult mode so that's a plus for me. Only issue for me was I had to get my eyeball movements under control when doing the HOG searches but that's just me!

Totally enjoyable in all respects and I give this game also a 4 out of 5

cleep100
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by cleep100 on Dec 26, 10 3:11 PM
The game contined to run slow on my system, but once I figured out how to use the map, things improved. USE THE MAP, PEOPLE. It will tell you where there are actions pending.

Ended up really liking the game and was disappointed when it was over.

myuzik
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by myuzik on Dec 26, 10 4:54 PM
Hello. I posted yesterday IRT clicking on the painting on the 2nd floor. I apologize as I did not do one thing required to get the last page that shows how to arrange the ingredients. I re-installed the game and it picked up where I left off so I took my time and looked at everything - I missed something! Quite the game!
Thank you and Happy New Year to everyone.

[Post New]by marytinsd on Dec 26, 10 6:45 PM
Just finished playing and quite enjoyed the experience! I was sooooo disappointed with the new MCF game and hated the ended to Phantom. Mortlake Mansion was a breath of fresh air. Great fun - highly recommend!

[Post New]by Millescas on Dec 26, 10 10:52 PM
Great game!!! enjoyed the game every minute... play it twice the same day
Graphics, puzzles and every single aspect of the game are wonderful, really this is my first time posting a comment for a game. I have been playing for more than 2 years and this is one the really deserves a thumb up!! congratulations guys you did it right!!

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on Dec 27, 10 6:20 PM
well after all the good reviews on this game, i have to say it is a no buy for me..only played 9 minutes of the demo and that was enough for me..horrible graphics, annoying voice over...i could go on, but am sure people can try for themselves! oh well off to find something else...

Go to: