Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Awakening: Moonfell Wood

[Post New]by robthomas on Jan 20, 11 2:39 PM
Loving this game, but I can't figure out what I'm supposed to put in the fireplace to pull out the teapot pieces, where to get the flowers for that box, how to get the code to unlocking the cabinet, & cannot for the life of me figure out where the Bear King is. Can anyone help?

Gwhynot
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Gwhynot on Jan 20, 11 6:25 PM
robthomas wrote:Loving this game, but I can't figure out what I'm supposed to put in the fireplace to pull out the teapot pieces, where to get the flowers for that box, ...

Have you checked out the blog walkthrough they have posted here on BF? I used it several times when I got stuck. It's very helpful.

I'm playing Moonfell through for the 2nd time and it's just as lovely and fun as the first time. Excellent replay value!

[Post New]by Frannie5 on Jan 21, 11 8:40 AM
Another hit! Just as good as the first Awakening Adventure, but not as hard. Good story line....eagerly waiting on more!!

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Jan 24, 11 12:42 PM
I cannot wait for more games from this wonderful designer/developer. I really enjoyed playing Awakening: Moonfell Wood. The artwork is beautiful. My time at the end was 5 hours, 54 minutes, 21 seconds. I did skip a few puzzles and used a few hints here and there but overall moved quite easily through the game. The story kept me interested and the game challenges were fun. Thank you BFG for bringing us this game.

Faylyn

[Post New]by DeltaMom64 on Jan 24, 11 7:52 PM
Am I the only one who had trouble with this game actually working? Tried it twice - once with my granddaughter - and both times at one point (not the same place) it just wouldn't work! Stopped the game and looked at walkthrough to be sure I was doing what I was supposed to do. I was, but just wouldn't work. One time the stick would not bring the lantern down. Another time I could not get the chest out of the tree trunk. Did exactly what walkthrough said, but no go. what's up with that?

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

[Post New]by dvdiva on Jan 24, 11 8:22 PM
Hi deltamom!

Some tips that you might find useful:

1. Make use of Mira, the fairy, for hints -- it's not just hidden objects that she can help you with. She can also point you to what you should do next in order to progress.

2. Sometimes the cursor can be picky as to where you place things. Be sure that it's the cursor that's touching the hotspot, rather than the inventory tool touching it. The active area will light up so you know you're in the right spot.

3. You may be missing something, but it may be already in your inventory. The inventory toolbar can only display up to 8 items on the screen, but can store more than that. Scroll using the gold arrows on the left & right of the tray to see everything in your inventory.

4. If the walkthrough here doesn't help you, there are also other online walkthroughs that you can refer to for help. Just type "Moonfell Wood walkthrough" on google or on whatever search engine you normally use.

Ge0rgs
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Ge0rgs on Jan 25, 11 5:35 AM
Excellant game..Very relaxing Kinda fun playing tripeaks..Guess I was too relaxed playing as it took me 9.50 to finish Id give it 5+

Mikkeah
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Mikkeah on Jan 25, 11 8:12 AM
I've played a myriad of games, but pretty much only the "DASH" games here on Big Fish. This game was breathtaking, not only in its imagery but also with the music. That being said, yes, it was challenging as well. Some things appear so obvious but you just don't think of it until you actually run out of guesses or resources...like spraying that obnoxious plant with weed killer. That was hilarious. I spent hours in front of the computer, just checking out the scenery, listening to the music (which is SO relaxing). I became so "mesmerized" by the game that I lost a day, a rare occurrence in my busy household. I definitely will check out more than just my favorite DASH games now that I have experienced Awakening...and yes, I went back and purchased the first one too. So, you say there will be another along the same lines? I just cannot wait for my next "vacation" day

Edited on 02/07/2011 at 7:12:22 AM PST

banor
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by banor on Jan 26, 11 7:02 AM
This was a great game - enjoyed it more than mcf 13 skulls. Would recommend this to all

mrjiggs
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by mrjiggs on Jan 26, 11 4:35 PM
I have to say that this game is one of the best !! It is very relaxing and the music is lovely. I didn't want it to end, hopefully they will come out with another, I have their first one also. The puzzles were great and fun.

PUZZLE AFTER PUZZLE RUINED THIS GAME

[Post New]by nothappyjan on Jan 27, 11 8:21 PM
Puzzle after puzzle after puzzle RUINED this game.

The game could have had so much potential. Beautiful scenery and quirky game play - (such as the rippling of the water when you touched it) were the only reasons I persisted with this game.

The puzzles were so much of nuisance that I skipped most of them. Glad I got this one as a free credit - otherwise I would have been SUPER DISAPPOINTED.

[Post New]by FunwithBigFish on Jan 28, 11 12:34 PM
What a refreshing change from all the doom and gloom, gory and scary HOGs that are so prevalent. I loved this game. There were quite a few different kinds of puzzles and the length was great!! More like these, please!!!!

pdad
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by pdad on Jan 29, 11 4:47 PM
Well done BFG. This must be as near perfect as a game can be. No spooks or dark presences, a delightful pocket companion, lots of varied puzzles, soothing music, stunning graphics, smooth operation with no glitches and a bonus card game at the end. My grandchildren love to play games and so I usually look for something we can play together. This has been a sure-fire hit. Please can we expect another one in this series?

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Jan 30, 11 1:49 PM
I played this game over several days a little at a time. It took me 6:36 minutes and I enjoyed every minute of play. This game brings everything to the table -- beautiful graphics, interesting puzzles, a great story line and IMO much more intricate than CE's. If this doesn't win an award, I will be very surprised. Thank you BFG for the best 6:36 minutes I've spent in a long time!!!!

[Post New]by cyndie23 on Feb 5, 11 7:48 PM
This game is awful I am having such a problem having to click on stuff over and over before it will let me do something..It took me a @ least 20 times to knock that light down so I could do the key picture thing..can't get the chest out of the tree with the hook thing tried a dozen or so times. I give up...very frustrating...What a waste of my time and 6.99

[Post New]by jenlin on Feb 6, 11 6:41 PM
I enjoyed this game for the most part except there were way too many puzzles IMO. And there were too many of the same types of puzzles - turn disks to make picture, swap tiles to make image - I was getting dizzy spinning and swapping! The creators of this game series should make a more diversified puzzle selection rather than the same thing over, and over, and over. Needs to me more interesting in the puzzle aspect. And, please, no more card games (Tripeaks) to have to play. Not everyone enjoys card games, myself included - I skipped every one of those! I would have liked to have had spoken dialogue among characters other than the narrator. Hidden object scenes were very simple. Graphics were gorgeous and soundtrack was pleasant. Overall a good game. Looking forward to the next installment.

[Post New]by Narnialilly on Feb 6, 11 6:44 PM
This was a great sequel! And I love how there could maybe be another "sequel"! :-) Great length, beautiful graphics, immersive world; just as good as the first one. Loved it!

Indigo_Frost
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Indigo_Frost on Feb 6, 11 7:23 PM
Hiya ~ I loved this game! I do like some of the eerie games, but this was a lovely mellow change-of-pace that was lots of fun. And who doesn't love having a Pocket Dragon to hang out with, that can flame things for you? Beautiful graphics and lots of interactive bits, like combining objects to makes other things work, plus HOs and puzzles keeps one's "little grey cells" (in the words of Hercule Poirot, Agatha Christie's Belgian detective) copiously busy. Throw in some quirky characters and interesting mythology tale, and it's a fun adventure! Every once in a while I'd get stuck, but the fairy that travels with you gives pretty good hints, and if you're really stuck, you can check out a walkthrough. I didn't realize it was a sequel to another game (I'm pretty new here) and now I'll have to go find the prequel, lol. Anyway, just want to say, Big Fish, WOOT! You guys ROCK!

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

[Post New]by dvdiva on Feb 7, 11 1:52 AM
Hi Indigo! Glad you enjoyed the game! I loved it too.

The first game in the series is titled "Awakening: The Dreamless Castle". You can get the game here at BFG:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/7382/awakening-the-dreamless-castle/index.html

Enjoy!

elhar02
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by elhar02 on Feb 10, 11 9:19 AM
Just completed this game today. Purchased it at Xmas but with so many other games in the waiting just got around to playing it yesterday. ABSOLUTELY marvellous!!! It was like I was living in a fairy tale. Did play the original one a few months ago and this was a delightful sequel and can hardly wait for the next in the series -- was so sorry when I finished. The graphics were awesome and no computer problems or glitches. Must admit I had to refer a few times to the w/t but that's OK with me.

Please hurry with the next one -- can hardly wait!!!! TERRIFIC GAME -- CAN YOU TELL I THOROUGHLY ENJOYED IT

Go to: