Christina892
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of the Full Moon Collector's Editi

[Post New]by Christina892 on Feb 11, 11 3:34 AM
The only complaint I have in this game is that the whom ever made the sound for the wolf, doesn't obviously know what a wolves howl sounds like. When the wolf first howled, I was like wth? It sounded like one of the ghost sounds from another game I previously played. At least try to have more authentic sounds for things please. It's just weird to have a wolf that sounds like a drunk man shouting out.

boogweez
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,280 Posts

Wondering about bonus play. Worth the CE price?

[Post New]by boogweez on Feb 12, 11 4:54 PM
Just finished playing the demo. Seems like a really good game that I will definately buy,but I was wondering if it's worth the extra $ for the CE for the bonus play or just wait for the SE version to come out.Any input would be appreciated.

helenzp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of the Full Moon Collector's Editi

[Post New]by helenzp on Feb 14, 11 2:06 PM
I just finished it! Love it. Love it. Love it. I'm a new gamer and all of sudden, I'm hooked! The good thing about being new is I haven't done all the older ones so I'm in game heaven!

csfig0669
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by csfig0669 on Feb 15, 11 5:01 AM
I haven't played this type of game before where you can move or open objects when in hidden object mode, and I like that concept a lot. I just tried the demo, and I would purchase it, but I am a little disappointed. It seemed to really lag. Actually so much of my demo time was spent waiting for things to occur, like the fade in between scenes or injecting the wolf with the tranquilizer. I don't know if it's my computer, or if this is a problem with the game, though I can say I haven't experienced this lag with any of my other games. Is anyone else experiencing a lag in their game play? I don't want to buy unless they fix that if it is the game and not my computer. I just don't have the patience.

kpopluv
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of the Full Moon Collector's Edit

[Post New]by kpopluv on Feb 17, 11 5:36 PM
I bought the game solely on the fact it dealt with "werewolves". While i admit this game was very fun (even if the voice acting was a little... ugh) and entertaining, i have to say i hated, HATED, the ending for the CE. it was so anti-climatic and terrible that i just sat in stunned slience while the credits rolled. i'm not sure if i want to try any other games by this developer after this one if i have to look forward to an ending and/or voice acting like that. for me (in games) the ending is just as important as the journey to it.

sherlock holmes: hound of the baskervilles CE is MUCH better in all areas imo.

boogweez wrote:Just finished playing the demo. Seems like a really good game that I will definately buy,but I was wondering if it's worth the extra $ for the CE for the bonus play or just wait for the SE version to come out.Any input would be appreciated.

to me, this CE is not worth it. the bonus play is VERY short (i think i did it in a little over 30mins) and the ending is terrible (to me). I should have waitied on the SE as the ending was better even if it had you wondering. i would have felt better wondering and believeing what was shown at the end then get the ending in the bonus play.

it has the extra stuff like others (wallies, music, etc...) but to me, the extra game play plus the guide is what makes it worth it for me. i would wholly suggest waiting for the SE for this game.

Edited on 02/17/2011 at 5:49:09 PM PST

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Feb 19, 11 4:02 AM
Just finished the game and I really enjoyed it. Overall it took me about 3 hours in total (on and off). Everything has already been said about the graphics, storyling, puzzles, music, voiceovers, etc, so I won't repeat it. I thought it was four out of five points.

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on Feb 20, 11 6:15 AM
Just couldn't wait any longer for the SE to come out, so went ahead and purchased yesterday and played for most of thye afternoon, total of about 4 hours with the bonus chapter. Love ERS games, graphics were wonderful as usual (loved the scenes in front of the castle) and the bonus chapter helped me understand the ending of the game, while leaving room for a sequel. I found the journal extremely helpful. Even though I thought I had listened to all of the dialogue, I became confused after going out the back of the tent, and I was saying "Who is Alice???" I found the answer in the journal entry, so I recommend reading all the journal entries to get full information on what's happening in the game. I rate this one 4.5 out of 5.

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Feb 22, 11 11:50 AM
Another beautiful, high-quality game by these developers. While their games are very similar in theme, I never get tired of playing them. I do have to admit, however, that this one was not quite as gripping as past story lines, and as others have pointed out...the gypsy's voice acting...not good...but I can't really complain about that much, as the game was otherwise excellent, as always. One downside though, in this game it really did seem like they just took the last chapter and made it the bonus...so...a bit of a bummer for those who buy the SE.

I do have a few complaints with these developers, however, which I find to be consistent and very annoying. They do not ever offer an automatic adjustment option for widescreen monitors to prevent stretching and visual distortion. Many other developers are now doing this - why not these developers?? I also really hate that they always lock the wallpapers until after you have completed the game. What is the point of that?? If I am paying for a CE, I would like the option of using the wallpapers while I am playing the game - it adds to the atmosphere - why do they care when the player is able to access this feature?? When I am done with a game, I delete it off my computer. And, since they do not provide a way to save the wallpapers as separate files, I never use the wallpapers that I have paid for from these developers. I know most people do not care about wallpapers, and I do not either if I can't access and use them when I want to - so that is a big minus for the CE edition in my opinion.

Your Comments and Reviews for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of the Full Moon Collector's Edition

[Post New]by lexarpogi on Feb 22, 11 11:06 PM
Hi BFG.. i've just purchased this game today and have finished installing it on my pc..(windows7). but howcome the game doesn't start whenever i start playin'? in short after installing it, it doesn't work.!!! i tried uninstalling and installing it again but still nothing happened.

Can you help me out on this???

[Post New]by pawsrb on Feb 23, 11 1:18 PM
This game has its good and bad points.

Good-Graphics,puzzles,hidden object search
Bad-Game play, Found that I had to go to the guide several times to figure out where in the world I was supposed to go next. There is no flow as in others games. Some of the objects in the hidden sections need to be hinted to get as they look nothing like what they are described to be. I haven't finished but felt compelled to get my 2 cents in. I have played better and I would say this should only be considered at the lower price because it does not deserve to be considered collectors edition

[Post New]by carolyn6360 on Feb 24, 11 5:16 AM
As far as I'm concerned this game is proving to be a waste of money. Constant ongoing problems are a pain in the you know what. Got the wine bottle filled, hidden object scene didn't open, so no paper for the press. This is the second time I've started over and the second time I've uninstalled and reinstalled. Getting mighty sick of it. I thought all these games from Big Fish were supposed to be tried and true. I want my money back on this game.

tropdechats
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by tropdechats on Feb 25, 11 6:10 AM
Just finished playing the CE, including the bonus game play. The extra chapter required a little more than an hour to finish -- and I consider myself an average player. For me the question always is: is a CE worth the additional money. And I cannot definitively answer that question for thisgame. I do not care about wallpaper, music, etc., just the additional game play. Here the extra play wrapped up the story and was as challenging as that in the regular game but it wasn't long enough to warrant an addition $6.99. However, if you enjoy the other extras, then the CE is worth the money.

One further note: Often the additional play seems to me to be segments rejected from the regular game and tacked onto the end to justify a CE and make some additional money. That is not the case in this game. The art work, the game play, etc., are all as good in the extra game play as they are in the regular game.

nosake
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by nosake on Feb 28, 11 10:09 PM
Not worth it.

Irishroan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Irishroan on Mar 3, 11 11:04 AM
Sorry guys, not impressed. I expected better - the **** scenes are muddy, the mini games (in the demo) are really easy and the game is VERY predictable.

lorialcorn2006
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

is it ever going on SE

[Post New]by lorialcorn2006 on Mar 3, 11 11:54 AM
I have been waiting and waiting and its still not on SE how long do you think it will be

[Post New]by LisaLaffer on Mar 5, 11 3:32 AM
Great grafics, great music, great story - the greate game!

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Mar 6, 11 6:27 AM
[b]I will not buy a game that gives you less than 1 hour of play. I REALLY REALLY HATE DEMOS.Couldn't even grab last bunch of hair in wolf cage. Sucks moth balls. I also have this game in my software HP and can also be found at Alawar games

patkerash
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by patkerash on Mar 7, 11 7:57 PM
Great game...really enjoyed it.

Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by 8984481 on Mar 11, 11 4:41 AM
help I am stuck on the very end of the SE cant find way back to mill can anyone help me please

lavrovanna
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by lavrovanna on Mar 11, 11 5:37 AM
I really liked that wolfie - it's so funny! it can breath, bark and all=)
but the art in the game is not worth it really.
cinematics are cool though

Go to: