Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Revenge

[Post New]by Peggy1949 on Mar 30, 11 8:49 PM
Im very disappointed
I bought it and now i can.'t control the curser . and I still haven't got the swords yet ..Too bad I want my credit back !!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by Peggy1949 on Mar 30, 11 8:51 PM
What ?? Walkthrough?????

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Mar 31, 11 2:02 PM
I finished! After the glitch that stopped me in Chapter 7 the first time around, I played through it again, and yayyyyyyyy, I finished. There was so much about this game that I loved, but there were also many things that the development team could have taken care of before they ever released the game. Overall, even with all of the frustrations, I did enjoy the game. Thanks for linking us to the walkthrough, Karthick, I did need to use it a few times.

[Post New]by carolisgwtw on Apr 1, 11 3:56 PM
learned a very good lesson with this game. read the reviews BEFORE I buy. worse game I have ever bought. Will promply delete this game from my computer and never think about it again. Awful game.

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Apr 3, 11 2:08 AM
Despite some very mixed reviews, I decided to buy this game anyway. Glad I did because it is one of the challenging games ever. No hand holding here, to be sure and you have to really figure things out on your own. Different style of play than most people are used to with these types of games. Try everything, be patient and think...think....think....and you will perservere on this quest. I find that to be the most satisfying of all to - finally figure it out and then move ahead. If you're up to a real challenge then give this game a try. Praise to the developers for coming up with something new and innovative.

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Apr 4, 11 10:37 AM
I found this game to be both challenging and frustrating. I would have enjoyed it if I didn't have to go in and out (even with the new update) to make some of the items clickable. Finally I threw up my hands in disgust and closed the game . Hope others have had better luck.

[Post New]by tsdragon on Apr 6, 11 9:59 PM
The game is full of BUGS. I've had to stop and restart numerous times to get past places where I knew exactly which item I need to click on (hint even said so) but I couldn't click on it. Got to a spot now where the games says I need to do something I've already done, and even restarting won't fix that. Several places that I had to return to several times before I got a sparkling area to click into. Still haven't figured out why the guy still needs sandals when he already has them. Guess I'll try again and just click every pixel until something happens.

I could overlook the terrible grammar, odd descriptions, unidentifiable objects and that sort of thing, but being a programmer, technical glitches and bugs REALLY annoy me!

Definitely NOT worth the 6.99! This game is a turkey! I want my money back!

[Post New]by SamiaAdnan on Apr 7, 11 5:51 AM
heyy guys..
dont know what happened to the game. i downloaded it twice but whenever i started to play it the first scene freez on the screen.
the lady in the purple gown syanding beside the buggy...
the same scene all the time.. i dont know is there any problem with the trial version or any other reason..

ilovered1
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by ilovered1 on Apr 9, 11 11:39 PM
yasure wrote:This is terrible!! I have to agree with most everyone else.
This is a NO SALE for me. To bad for Big Fish, but I saved some money today.
Guess I'll go finish one of my other games. Time to uninstall this one, I lasted 10 minutes.

Did just the same. English spellings are . Music or sound is lagging. I don't like it the minute I saw it. Playing it confirmed my views on it. Sorry BFG this definitely a no buy for me.

[Post New]by Whizzy_Wheelz on Apr 10, 11 8:24 AM
I bought this game and without the walkthrough I would never have finished it. A lot of the HOG descriptions were badly spelt and some made no sense at all so u will need to use ur hint button a lot.

The music drove me mad and I had to mute it. It would help if the sheres told you where to go once u have completed that step especially, in the last two stages. After getting the fish I needed the walkthrough to tell me the solution. I won't put it here so as not to spoil the game.

The story is good and the HOG's do change for each time you go to them.

It is not a game I will play again though.

Not up to BFG's normal quality of game.

vezzettj
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by vezzettj on Apr 10, 11 11:28 AM
Just capturing my comments so that I don't accidently buy this game in the future!

I had read the reviews prior to trying this game but I thought my fellow fishies were being nit picky... NO, they were spot on! The item lists in the HOG scenes really do include some archaic items... (if the gout stool had looked like any kind of stool, that might have helped... hints are all well and good but I shouldn't need them for every other item on the list... it might as well have been a FrOG). By default, my game was muted so I don't know if there were voice overs or not in the intro (there are none later on, I think anyway...).

I was trying to collect honey and it kept saying I needed a cup.... fine, where do I find a cup, oh look, there is another area to explore, but I can't click on anything... why is that area sparkling? I've clicked on it 6 times... fine, use any items I have over there... oh, NOW it works (after that all sparkle areas seemed to open fine on their own... but that took way to long and a couple back and forths between scenes to get working... kind of like the sound). Even when I got the cups, I tried clicking on the honey drops (that is what said I needed a cup to begin with) but clicking just sent the cup back to my inventory... 10 tries later, I think I accidently caught a honey drop... OH, that is what I need to do... got it. And so on...

So, although I like the premise of the story and I LOVED that the forest items "changed" and were not always collectable, there is no way I'm spending ANY money on this game. Good luck to those who bought this!

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Apr 10, 11 11:32 PM
Ever play a game n you know just from the first 5 minutes you are probably wasting your time? This is definitely one of them. When the story started, it had issues with the sound which completely stopped and I had to go into the menu to adjust it and then how I wished I had not bothered to turn it on. Dreadful. From what I gather you are Zaraida and she is casting her revenge on the kingdom for inprisioning her but the graphics are bad and for the entire 10 minutes I play it, it was hard to actually click on objects and the music was awful. I kept thinking.."i could play this or I could go play the other games I have in my manager and just call it a day" obviously I chose to walk away. Good grief I've played some doozies lately.

[Post New]by Bearbig on Apr 14, 11 9:20 AM
Atrocious! The English is terrible even on the lists of things to find, in this day and age with all the spell and grammar checks it should not be an issue. I am disappointed in Big Fish games for even passing this one as playable. I only did the one hour try it out but it has left me so aggravated...not up to standard at all.

Edited on 04/14/2011 at 9:31:18 AM PST

[Post New]by sheilaferguson on Apr 14, 11 5:17 PM
worst game I have bought on big fish. objects are hard to touch ... won't react unless you get it in the exact spot. did not finish the game.

NavyMom90
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by NavyMom90 on Apr 19, 11 7:04 PM
This is a definite NO SALE for me. I tried the game for about 30 minutes and really, really tried to like it but just couldn't. The instructions were vague at best, the music was lame and the graphics were unimpressive. I did enjoy the HOG scenes as they were time appropriate and kept changing. It is very disappointing because I was really looking forward to the game with its fairy tale storyline.

[Post New]by heavensake on May 5, 11 9:05 AM
How in the heck do you disrupt the clerk? I tried lighting the piece of paper on the floor but could not make it work. NO GO for me for buying this stupid game.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on May 6, 11 8:46 PM
Thie game feels older. The gameplay is a bit tough when going from place to place. Interestting story, but game was disappointed over all.

This game is a D.

sweetie83
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by sweetie83 on May 27, 11 11:26 AM
Kebbielebbie wrote:Moving this here...I didn't fall asleep after all

SPOILER ALERT

This is a HOG...There may be more variation later but definitely not an IHOG.

I am going to start with the positive, I guess. The Hidden Object areas are time-frame specific - No cell phones or plastic jugs that conflict with the story time. The search objects constantly change. This is a nice change that shows some creativity from the devs.

Negatives - 2 dimensional graphics. The music is horrible! The track is only a few minutes long and there's an obvious loop. This doesn't seem like a big deal but it will drive you crazy. The instructions to certain tasks are unclear and the hints are vague. The Hidden Objects have strange descriptions...(ie. Lady Bug - Black Bug with Green Stripes?)

Dark Game...Dark Review...So Sorry All...See you tomorrow

Oh...This is a 'no buy' for me...

Absolutely agrre...what is a clarinet doing in amedieval story?...way too dark....music is awful, spelling and word usage atrocious....**** scenes ask for items i have never heard, words never seen before....2 thumbs down

sweetie83
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by sweetie83 on May 27, 11 11:39 AM
Wow...having a bad time trying to review the game.....couldn't see what I was typing half the time because of glitch and couldn't edit what came out....really do not spell like that...how embarrassing

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on May 29, 11 3:38 PM
tsdragon wrote:The game is full of BUGS. I've had to stop and restart numerous times to get past places where I knew exactly which item I need to click on (hint even said so) but I couldn't click on it. Got to a spot now where the games says I need to do something I've already done, and even restarting won't fix that. Several places that I had to return to several times before I got a sparkling area to click into. Still haven't figured out why the guy still needs sandals when he already has them. Guess I'll try again and just click every pixel until something happens.

I could overlook the terrible grammar, odd descriptions, unidentifiable objects and that sort of thing, but being a programmer, technical glitches and bugs REALLY annoy me!

Definitely NOT worth the 6.99! This game is a turkey! I want my money back!

So agree. I have had to go in and go out, go in and go out. I am almost at the end of the game, and I will finish. Then I will delete, never to return. Full of bugs, archaic game play and not tremendously wonderful grammar. Object lists are horrid. You have to keep pressing on the arrow key to get what you need, and then it goes back to the top of the list. Then you have to start all over again. This is one of those games I wish I had never purchased.

Go to: