mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Sep 9, 11 12:26 PM
Well, I just finished this game. I liked the opening one page tute where it explains all the navigation, etc., rather than leading you with instructions thru some of the opening scenes. Hope that makes sense!! As to the game...purttty ain't it....it's all about the awesome graphics. IMHO there isn't much of a story, but there's lots to do tho it gets repetitious. It's an extremely relaxing game as there's a lot of hand-holding. But there are lots of Fishies who love it.

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition

[Post New]by christabel112 on Sep 9, 11 11:32 PM
I have to admit, I found this game a little boring. Great graphics, beautiful graphics, actually, but there were too many *spaces* not requiring much to do, and that diminishes the sense of exploring. I remember much more enjoying the first game.

The idea of not knowing what voice to trust, however, struck me as a great idea of adding mystery and intrigue to any game, it just needs to be more able to be anticipated in the overall theme and then played out more dimensionally throughout the game.

Like what if one had choices about the voice to follow, for example, and had to replay the game until the right choice was made, because following the other voice(s) ended up with different results at each varying *end* of the game? (such as the world(s) crumbling, or sinking further, etc., until the right choice was made?

That might be a way to really add some dimension and intrigue to all of these games, and *tighten* up the plots with more integrity within the plots.

Just a thought or two...

[Post New]by Skywalkersmom on Oct 6, 11 7:53 PM
I am a newbie here so i am unsure about where to post questions so i ambgunna give it a go! I just finished Empress of the Deep Part 1 on my IPhone and just caught a glimpse of a Part 2 and so I did some digging especially after i beat the game i saw To Be Continued, I could not find nor did I see when Part 2 would be released for the IPhone, so can anyone please tell me when it will come out for the IPhone? Thank You and Happy Gaming.

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Feb 10, 12 9:43 AM
Thank you fishies. I liked the demo, but my budget doesn't really allow for CE prices, so I thought I would wait and see what the feedback is. I won't be buying the CE because the Zem game is timed evidently, so many light flashes I'll have to play it in bits and pieces (developers please take note. Lighting is good in small doses but can bring on medical problems for many) and the bit I played did seem rather easy even for me. I'm sure I'll be quite happy with the SE version.

Thanks fishies! Love I can gauge what I will like from all your feedback!

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edit

[Post New]by new_bellydancer on May 4, 12 10:52 AM
I really enjoyed the game. The Scenery was just beautiful. However if I payfor a game especially a CE game I expect it to be a lil harder and longer. I loved the 1st game too, other then it being short and easy as well. I did enjoy the bonus game. I'm not a big fan of match 3 games, but zem was very fun. So far I've only managed a bronze trophy, but it's a work in progress. One thing that did annoy me was that everytime you turn around you had another HOG. I'm really not fond of HOG especially that many.

However I still say it's worth buying even the CE one. All I ask is that in the 3rd one make it longer, harder (or at least an option to make it harder), and for the CE version put some that beautiful scenery as wallpaper so I can download it to my desktop

Good gaming all you fishies.

Edited on 05/04/2012 at 10:57:25 AM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 8, 12 8:30 PM
Not sure what the point is to write comments so long after release, but I have some. Reviews already told everything about what the game is about and many enjoyed it.

Yes, the graphics are incredibly beautiful, highly professional as far as locations, scenery, puzzle layouts colorful and easy to see and play. That is why I bought it although I didn't buy the first Empress, too much back and forth in the demo and I timed out lost. No Map. This sequel I got back in August 2011 with a bunch of other CEs in a sale. The demo was fun and more my "speed". I seemed to like the theme, environmental undertones, save the fauna, save the children.

So what is my point? First of all I only just played it yesterday, May 2012, behind in my playing, and did not enjoy it being an avid HOG player. From beautiful scenes to HOS felt like falling in a mudhole. The artwork so inconsistant I was correct reading credits that a different team of 2 designed those. Drab, near colorless or monochromes, greys, blurry, grainy purple on purple. I rarely need a hint on a HOG, maybe 1 or 2 if too tired or anxious to go on with the story or gameplay. These took 5 or 6 and I still couldn't make out what they were when they popped out of nowhere and off the list. So I wonder, did these 2 designers ever play HOS, or enjoy them and know why they can be fun? No wonder so many adventurers hate them.

Those who did the artwork for the non HOS may not be avid gamers themselves, as I got the immediate impresssion they would make excellent movie set designers. Or gorgeous posters. But this is a game, not prints to frame, not even for wallpapers I guess. I didn't even do the bonus game and see content.

Objects in HOS slopped way over the context of the story. Creative direction failed, there are enough nature objects fitting the theme to employ, flowers, fauna, even pots and garden tools. The choices further diluted what is a beautiful natural theme. I mean, Empress needs a straight razor and corkscrew to go save the children and critters? I am used to whacko objects in most HOS but they missed the boat on these sore thumbs. I could have understood a hot air baloon or ship staying in the concept, flavor. Then worse muddying them up with no pallet like the big guys got.

I read all the dialogue to follow stories. But stage direction?? Left in things like (Gasp)what was that?? and "Sigh" in a sentence. Didn't seem to help reading lines by who? their secretary??

jamsarnie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by jamsarnie on May 13, 12 9:21 AM
enjoying this game i think its my favourite .love the games and the story is entertaining .gets to be addictive i dont want to get to the end

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Apr 11, 13 10:45 AM
WONDERING ABOUT THAT BUNDLE OFFER? MY REVIEW PUBLISHED WEB PAGE 11 DEC 2011

Beautiful & Soothing, Best Enjoyed By Kids.

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

Game Style: The adventure aspect is simple and relatively easy so the focus is on the beautiful surroundings and the puzzles
Artwork: Magic. I hate to gush. But this is really beautiful graphics. I found myself dawdling through HO scenes, taking in the sights and soaking up the atmosphere.

Story: It is simple and easy to follow, less involving, however, than the graphics. It’s a fairy tale, and kids would love it.

Replay: I might play it again if I need to de-stress, but this really is for a younger audience and also presents little challenge.

Flaws: The map is worse than useless. It makes getting around sometimes frustrating.

Tips: Don’t let your ten year old get her hands on this one, she’ll replay it to death.

Did I mention how much I LOVE the artwork??

I recommend this game!

(Don't forget I wrote this a while ago - not impressed by the graphics anymore)

Go to: