cass254
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship

[Post New]by cass254 on Apr 24, 11 4:01 PM
Wow! That was a challenge (in a good way)! Well worth the money, it took me days to complete.

I usually avoid frag HOGs but must say I thoroughly enjoyed this one. The graphics were excellent and I LOVE the morphing objects (reminiscent of Madame Fate). Although I will now have to play again as I failed to find them all.

Tomsde
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship

[Post New]by Tomsde on Apr 24, 11 5:11 PM
Wonderful game, nice and long for the money. I liked it much better Stray Souls: The Dollhouse Story. I like creepy games without them being too grim; this fit the bill. The graphics were beautiful and so were the animated sequence. I liked hunting for the fragments for something different. The story line was intrguing. I highly reccomend this game.

MoDreams
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,179 Posts

[Post New]by MoDreams on Apr 24, 11 6:14 PM
I played this game this weekend with my 8 yr old grandson, and I have to say that we both LOVED this game!!! We had so much fun playing it together.

Yes the fragments of the objects are sometimes really hard to find, though most are easy enough, we had to use the hint button quite a few times. I was better at seeing the fragments, but my GS was much better at remembering just WHERE we had to go to use the newest item we'd found.

We were nearly done last night when his Mom said it was time for him to go to bed, and we begged her .... please we are nearly done, we're on the last chapter!!!
So she let us finish.... we just had a blast playing this

Everything about it was awesome Graphics, gameplay, map (although the map did not match the game in the first section, after that it was fine.)

~~~MO~~~

Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Athena99 on Apr 24, 11 8:34 PM
Can't say enough good things about this game. Love it! I'm lucky enough to be able use a free credit for it but even at full price it is well worth it!

Kathilisa
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by Kathilisa on Apr 25, 11 1:47 PM
Very enjoyable game

I did feel it was a little confusing at times, as the map and hints weren't as helpful as they could have been, but maybe that is because I was in the hard mode?

Otherwise it was great, nice and long, lots to do

Next time it would be good to have Alex back,
oh and I prefer the hand drawn type graphics like this and the original game, to the computer type ones in the second instaslment

[Post New]by firepolishedAB on Apr 27, 11 9:26 PM
Great Game.

good length,story was very enjoyable, plus puzzles and morphing objects to boot!

as good as the last 3 in the series if not better.

thanks
fire

[Post New]by chesherecat on Apr 28, 11 4:39 AM
One of the best games I have played totally enjoyed this one

[Post New]by PRINCESSWIMMER24 on Apr 29, 11 8:19 PM
I really enjoyed this game. I thought that it had a good story line. I didn't feel the need to skip through or ignore the story info. The graphics were spot-on. I feel like I made a good decision in purchasing this game. It provided me with many hours of play time. I would definitely recomend this game for a buy, especially if you enjoy Fractured HOG!!

[Post New]by froghop on Apr 29, 11 11:36 PM
This is a great game and I'm glad I persevered with it after the problems with the clock were sorted out. I was able to finish it without any further hitches, by changing the cursor. However, I'll now download the updated version.
The hint button provided terrific help.

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Apr 30, 11 10:56 AM
An absolutely stunning game. This would rank as a Collectors Edition.

tunaontoast
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,449 Posts

[Post New]by tunaontoast on Apr 30, 11 12:44 PM
Great game, definitely get your moneys worth with this one. I loved the long game play. When I was stuck I just used the map that showed the area where something needed to be done. It didn't tell you what needed to be done, just that you needed to be there because you needed to figure something out. Graphics were very good and music was very good. The fragmented pieces were tough to find because they were very small. I definitely recommend the game.

JamieJBD
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by JamieJBD on May 1, 11 6:37 AM
Loved this game. I loved the fact it was LONG!
Great!

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on May 3, 11 11:48 PM
It is better than the collectors editions.

Longer than many, too.

Great story, graphics, and gameplay. It was nice that there was a map, because otherwise I would have been completely lost! Terrific game.

Edited on 05/03/2011 at 11:52:03 PM PST

pphrn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by pphrn on May 5, 11 10:02 AM
Yes, I enjoyed this game!!! This is one of the better games I have played in a while.
I did reinstall the game as instructed. I did loose the clock hands in doing so. I also lost one other piece for the bus. (my second time through)
The third time through it worked perfectly!
The game was not boring!!! It switched you back and forth and added in extra puzzles that were not impossible.
The map was significant in helping you find those places where you needed to do something!!!
I definately recommend this NON-collectors edition game!!!!!!

GraciesDD
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by GraciesDD on May 14, 11 8:20 PM
Excellent Game! Very glad that it was not a CE. The map was a great help wish I had used it earlier and more often...............

Great Job Developers and thank you BF!

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on May 20, 11 5:02 AM
A wonderfully long fantastic game that was super fun to play. I just loved the story line and how the music builds up suspence. Also, I loved how the game is broken down in four different sections on the island and exploring each section. Plus the map was great, I used it a few times and it really helped me out. A big Thank You to the developers for making such a great game. I really enjoyed it.

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

Better than Most CE's I've played!!

[Post New]by mycatluna on May 27, 11 9:00 AM
This game is phenomenal and much better than several CE's that I have played. I don't normally care for FROG's as it seems like a relentless pursuit of pieces of items over and over again but this game has the perfect balance. There are not an overabundance of FROG pieces to find, and for those that are to be found, they are only broken up into a few pieces, as opposed to dozens, which makes a FROG much more enjoyable.

The "items from beyond" were fun to find. The storyline was great and very involved. I loved the journal, reading notes and letters and the general commentary when clicking on random items within a location. Also loved the dictionary to use to translate symbols found scattered everywhere entirely optional (for the most part) but a lot of fun.

The plot is so interesting that it is hard to stop playing. And as far as length-I played over a 4 day time period, playing several hours each time, so the length is exceptionally long and well worth the money. I would estimate all total that I spent at least ten to 12 hours on this game. That is with clicking on random items in locations for commentary, reading the journal, reading all newspapers, letters, and Polynesian symbols, not using hints, and looking for all morphing objects. Exceptional length and more than most all CE's I've played.

The graphics are beautifully rendered, crisp and clear, making items easier to spot; however, it still does pose a challenge. There is minimal hand-holding aside from the general hint button and the map is a VERY useful tool to prevent unneeded wandering around. I also love how it subtly tied in with the last one in the series, although I won't spoil it by saying how, other than a character appears that seems familiar...

All in all a perfect balance of game-play, interactive adventure, character innovation, beautifully rendered scenes (non-cluttered), and storyline. I rarely say this, but 5 out of 5!!! I think, aside from Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker, that this is the only other 5 I've doled out. AMAZING. WELL DONE DEVELOPERS!! Can't wait for the next.

Tundei
Clownfish
Clownfish
653 Posts

[Post New]by Tundei on Jun 2, 11 6:22 PM
I don't like FROGs, but love this game! Very interactive, lots to do, and NO SPARKLES in advanced mode.

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Jun 3, 11 9:44 PM
Finished playing Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship about a week ago and thoroughly enjoyed it, despite the fact that I'm not all that fond of FROGs. The graphics were excellent. The storyline was coherent and flowed pretty smoothly with a smooth transition into the end - no feeling like the developers simply ran out of time or money and stopped the game. The length was nice and long; about the time I thought I was closing in on the end, I realized I'd simply entered a whole new section with several more areas to go. Over all, I'd say this one is definitely worth the money.

lyssa7712
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by lyssa7712 on Jun 4, 11 11:09 AM
I have to say this is in my top 5 fave games now. it took me 8 1/2 hours over several days to complete, not skipping any puzzles. I did end up using a hint four or five times to find teeny tiny objects, and I found all but one of the morphing objects.

I'm another that's usually not a fan of finding fragments, but the first Mystery Island was one of the first games I bought (and the one that got me hooked in the pond), so I had to try this one. there's nothing negative I can say about it, the few times I was a bit stuck on what to do next were more clear after consulting the map, with a handy ! where I needed to go do something. the puzzles ranged from the mundane slider and "spot the differences" to a couple that really had me thinking for a bit. I did get frustrated trying to figure out the photo development, but ended up figuring it out in the end. I give this my highest rating, and it's one I'll be revisiting on a rainy day when there's no bait in the pond.

Go to: