dogfish12
Stingray
Stingray
4,579 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Spirits of Mystery: Amber Maiden Collector's Edition

[Post New]by dogfish12 on Jun 8, 11 4:23 PM
Worth the CE, IMO

JCesme43
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Spirits of Mystery: Amber Maiden Collector's Edition

[Post New]by JCesme43 on Jun 13, 11 6:07 AM
Hi. The graphics in this game are some of the best I've seen yet. Gorgeous, especially that hall scene with the long stairway to where the octopus is...I wanted to be there, sitting on a bench. :-)
That being said, I was very disappointed in the length of the game, including the bonus content. I consider myself somewhat dumb when it comes to some of these games, but I finished this one in record time for me. I chose it because at 881 mb, I assumed it would last a long time for me, but I guess game size is sometimes related to the quality of the graphics vs other factors like the # of scenes & how much you have to do, # of mini games, etc.
It was a nice game, but I wish I would have used the extra credit on a different one. Lesson learned....don't assume you'll get more play time from the larger file games.
I did very much enjoy the mini games, though. They all had a strategy...I hate the random resolution games where you just click until the puzzle solves itself. I didn't have to skip any in this game.
Bottom line: Not worth using 2 credits for, but a nice game nonetheless.

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Jul 9, 11 5:33 AM
I really like this game, I thought maybe the main part of the game was slightly on the short side?? Great graphics, great storyline, great gameplay. Bonus gameplay was average length really. Overall rating for this game- out of

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Jul 31, 11 12:08 PM
Another WINNER from ERS Game Studio! Story well-planned; fascinating graphics; music pleasant; engaging and interactive scenes -- how much better can it get? The minigames were beautiful, creative, and doable. I thorougly enjoyed the game and still have the bonus to go! Thanks developers for a fine job and to BFG for putting it on your game list.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Aug 24, 11 1:40 AM
steve_san wrote:I hope certain fishies eventually realize how foolish and annoying it is when they post to say "I'm downloading now" or similar comments.

We do not care. People who write such nonsense should be banned from posting.

Most people come here to find out ABOUT THE GAME, not what you are doing now.

If you haven't tried it yet, wait until you do, then post your comments.

OK that's off my chest.

I agree!
And some of these miscreants use the original "DL announcement" post just as a method to go back and edit it so that their review appears in the top 1 or 2 reviews on the first page.

gwenofala
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by gwenofala on Aug 30, 11 4:02 PM
Purchased this game a couple of days ago, It's been out awhile I would look at it and skip over it, finally I looked at it again,decided to try the demo... yeah it took about 15 minutes and I had to buy, I LOVE IT ! Love the graphics, the story line , the voice overs are good. Took me a couple of days to get to the Bonus Play, just started it. The HOG games are not hard for these tired ole eyes to find. I don't know why I thought I wouldn't like this game. Just goes to show 'Don't knock it till you try it !'

Edited on 08/30/2011 at 4:08:56 PM PST

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Sep 18, 11 4:49 PM
Well...I've read through pages of CaRs for this game...both CE and SE, and it seems pretty well divided as to which is worth its cost and how "good"/"bad" or short/long the game is.

It has been quite some time since I played the demo and used all my trial time so I cannot go back and refresh my memory (going to have to start leaving a few minutes if I am waiting to buy the game!). Someone posted some pages back they were disappointed because of the large download file and couldn't see the reason as the game (to them) was so short. Could it be that part of the download is the SG and not the game? That is why I don't usually base buying a game on the size of the download file. Some SEs have been smaller download size but wonderfully long games.

This post is really late to the forum because I've forgotten I had the game saved until I decided which edition to buy, but this is a "sale" weekend as we get an extra punch with any SE or CE we buy through today, so I do believe I will buy it as a SE.

oscar66
Herring
Herring
307 Posts

[Post New]by oscar66 on Sep 21, 11 7:31 PM
Very enjoyable game. Great graphics, lots of puzzles, some on the easy side but a large assortment. Loved the Berner Barney.

Tomsde
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Tomsde on Sep 26, 11 5:47 PM
A very pleasant ERS offering, I've bought all their games and this one is rather different. First of all the story reminds me of one of thos Blue Tea Games fairytale games--and that's a good thing. The artwork was beautiful as always, the story excellent, and the soundtrack adequate although a little understated. I didn't care so much for the voice overs; but that's a small thing. It was nice to play an ERS game that's not so gruesome (though I liked their horror games); it's a game I wouldn't hesitate to let childrenn and young teen play. You don't have to worry about stumblings apon decapitated corpses in this one. Excellent.

I think the bonus chapter is worth the extra money for the CE version, it explains a lot and is a good conclusion to the story.

Edited on 09/26/2011 at 5:47:47 PM PST

[Post New]by JudHouse on Dec 3, 11 5:37 PM
by ERS GAME STUDIOS; BIGFISH GAMES

Jud's Game Rating: @ judsgamereviews

Graphics ***** Player participation (PP) ***** Satisfaction Factor (SF) *****

Frustration Factor (FF) * Fair Play (FP) **** Tedium Factor Nil

WOW!!

This deserves a WOW. Despite my old bugbear of hazy graphics in the Hidden Objects sites FF, this game is so excellent on all other levels. There are times when even hazy over-atmospheric graphics fade into insignificance when set against the positives of the whole game.

I like the size of the HOs, and that there are indiviual items and special items to find as you, and in order to, progress.

I like the 'amber' element that you need to resolve - great idea.

I like that you are given some guidance, but must also work it out for yourself using the 'cursor tools'.

I like the extremely clever puzzles - they are quite unique and especially relevant to the game design.

I like the neat portals, and the fact that you can go back and forth through them a few times before they finally lock.

I like the ingenious story - it's well conceived, well integrated into the gameplay, and totally envisaged in the graphic designs.

I like the music tracks behind this game - you can of course turn them up or down depending on the mood you require.

I like the Extra game play of the Collector's Edition - it uses new exotic locations as well as familiar ones, continuing the pattern of play so it flows logically from the main game.

I love the extremely gorgeous, fantastically colourful, exotic, totally 'authentic' conception and application of the graphics of this fantasy game. They are breathtaking in some places.

I liked the Standard version so much that I downloaded the Collector's Edition and bought it! I fully recommend this game to all players.

(C) Copyright Jud House 4/12/2011

Edited on 12/03/2011 at 5:39:54 PM PST

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 5, 12 3:46 PM
This is a five start game, surprisingly nobody have rate this game, yet, such a beautiful game as most of the games from the same makers all are.

I enjoyed the game very much,

bobo144
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by bobo144 on Jan 6, 13 3:25 PM
IMHO I didn't care for this game. It would be helpful to know that when I spend $13.99 for a "puzzle game" what the ratio of hidden object games to puzzles actually is. This game was constant hidden object games and very few and very easy puzzles. I guess I'd rather spend the money on challenging puzzles than hidden objects and beautiful graphics. If there are tips on how to discern between these prior to purchase I'd appreciate it. Also, for the extra $$ for the CE, just wasn't worth it.

Go to: