auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Ritual

[Post New]by auds7466 on Aug 6, 11 11:51 AM
sorry bigfish i didn't like this game. music and graphics too dark...far too long a game too.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Aug 25, 11 3:50 AM
auds7466 wrote:sorry bigfish i didn't like this game. music and graphics too dark...far too long a game too.

Game too long? Never thought that would be a complaint!

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Sep 25, 11 6:11 PM
paradoxno1 wrote:Downloading now at 78 percent

Did you hear about the new movie "Constipation?"...
It hasn't come out yet.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Oct 2, 11 12:02 AM
I forgot I had this game and rediscovered it today.

What a nice surprise. I didn’t even remember the demo lol.

You certainly get your money worth in this game, its longer than a lot of CE's. The graphics and storyline were sharp and clear. I did enjoy this game and for ihog lovers hopefully you will like it also.

The dev's of the game are in my top 5 favorites and even though I prefer the dark spooky games this was a super game.

This game is definitely worth a demo.

Hope you enjoy and have a happy game day

Shastanna
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by Shastanna on Oct 29, 11 6:18 PM
Loved this game! I did miss voice overs, but not that bad. I liked the story and the puzzles.

Some of the script was so hoaky is was funny. I favorite was (highlight to read):
"Ouch, I've been shot!"

Anyway, happy gaming everyone!

Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by 8984481 on Dec 2, 11 10:36 AM
I don't know if anyone knows. but why cant they tell us how many mb the full version is on a game, not just trial version (run -on sentence sometimes they are not much bigger than TRY version. happy holidays to all

spenny1
Catfish
Catfish
1,637 Posts

[Post New]by spenny1 on Dec 11, 11 2:25 PM
jennsmom wrote:I did a Beta test on this game recently, and have been waiting for it to come out. The graphics are cartoon-y, but interesting and no bizarre angles. The story line is old, but so what? It's like meeting an old friend with a new hair style and clothing -- it's a comforting familiarity. The graphics are clear, the background sounds not annoying and it's a definite purchase for me. I'm happy.

Love the comment about meeting an old friend, good point well made

blujeens
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by blujeens on Dec 31, 11 4:47 PM
OK, here's my review for Dark Ritual:

Options: Sound, Music, Cursor, Full Screen, Wide Screen. Modes were Casual & Advanced.

Graphics: Vogat's graphics have always been sharp & clear, and this one did not disappoint. This was not a "dark" game, so colors were rich.

Voices/Sounds: Unfortunately there were no voice-overs, but the text didn't go zooming by either so you have plenty of time to read. Sounds were good, too.

Music: I would have liked to have downloaded this music. It was appropriate for the game, and I enjoyed it.

Minis/HOGs: I played Advanced which took me approximately 6 hours or so. It's a little hard for me to time my games cuz I'm up & down so much for other stuff. I like it when a game keeps track of your playtime - it's just so much easier. Minis were good, almost difficult at times, & the HOGs were relatively easy. I did notice, however, even tho I chose Advanced that the HOGs had sparkles. I didn't like that.

Game Overall: Another good game by Vogat, but as much as I loved the graphics & enjoyed the minis, I can't consider this a "scary" game like so many other fishies did. I'm glad I got this one - I don't think I would ever skip a Vogat game - but I was still looking for a little more. Maybe cuz others thought it was scary & that's what I was hoping to find? There was also a lot a back 'n forth, but that seems to be typical for most of these games now. For me, this didn't have the WOW factor, tho. Sorry!

Recommendation: Not a game for little ones, but I would recommend this game to most HOG fans.

Out of 5 stars, I give this one

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 6, 12 4:00 AM
This game graphics are great, nice and clear, it does have some shadow areas but that goes with the story line, the game is fun and a one must have.

LoisMac
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by LoisMac on Jan 24, 12 2:57 PM
I'm liking it so far 30 min's into the demo. I like that the inventory items are used fairly close. It always interrupts the story for me when I have to fetch things way later. (Usually the next day for me) The graphics are good and creepy but not hideous.

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Jan 28, 12 8:26 AM
I bought this game in November and have tried on numerous occasions to play it but unfortunately it simply did not grab me. I started playing it again last night (had to force myelf to go to bed) and then began it again this morning. Absolutely loved it! Can't understand why I have never been able to play it before now! Graphics, music, level of challenge - all brilliant.

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Apr 2, 12 3:00 AM
This is a moody & atmospheric game from Vogat, there were no voiceovers but the music was suspenseful & suited the game. The graphics were clear although the artwork seemed pretty average, it felt like a dated version of a game from this developer.

There were 2 modes of play, casual with a 30 second hint recharge & glints/sparkles, the advanced mode had sparkles for the hidden object scenes only & a 2 minute hint.

I found the cursor clumsy to use & it was extremely large. You get a diary but it doesn’t give any clues, just a resume of the game to date. There are lots of locations in the game & quite a lot of going backward & forward but not so much that it became tedious.

The hidden object scenes were mainly junk piles although some of the items were well hidden & the mini puzzles were pretty easy, these were the usual put tiles in certain places, sliders, etc. There were a lot of H0s & puzzles which made up for the lack of a story; this sort of fizzled out at the end.

It is a good long game to play, took me around 5 hours so worthwhile getting for this reason but for myself I got rather bored by the time I was ½ way through & had to force myself to finish.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on May 15, 12 12:50 AM
If you like a lot of hidden object scenes, quite a lot of them are junk pile and wandering back and forth a fair bit - then this is worth a try. I bought this as a DD, and it passed the time nicely. I am surprised that this is only a year old as this game by VOGAT plays like a much older game.

The plot line is the mad scientist gone awry and your sister has disappeared and you along with a FBI agent look for her. It's standard fare but I found that part enjoyable enough.
The hidden object scenes, are many and you do repeat them sometimes, especially near the end nearly immediately afterwards. There is 2 choice of settings and both give you sparkles and the 2nd level I played on also had the random click penalty in the hidden object scenes which I dislike.

The puzzles were about medium difficulty and scattered throughout the game and although nothing great, at least kept me playing it along with the graphics. I liked some of the scenes (not hidden object) and the airport I thought was a bit different from the usual.

Length was about 4-5hrs, which was fine as I was getting bored and wanted it to end.
I don't like all those straight junk pile scenes so wouldn't recommend it, but if you do take a look or if you can get it as a DD.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Sep 7, 12 5:41 PM
(Based on the demo): After playing just part of the demo and after wading through the reviews to find those which are actually reviews, I decided to purchase this game and to use my last credit to do so.

I am enjoying the game immensely! I love creepy, eerie games and I probably always will.

The HINT BUTTON recharges very quickly!

There is no penalty for rapid clicking!

The HINT BUTTON provides actual hints!

The storyline is typical and maybe it's because I haven't played as many games as most here but I have not grown tired of creepy games - in fact, I search for them. This game is definitely creepy so that is a plus for me.

HOS are clear and the items are well-hidden but can be found. I've always thought that the goal of HOS is to find hidden objects (that's why they are called Hidden Object Scenes) - why would every item found need to be useful in the game? As long as the one or two objects that are placed into Inventory are useful for the game, then I don't understand the problem (although I do remember finding a snowshoe once and I kept that snowshoe in my Inventory all the way to the end of the game and didn't use it once - it's still there as far as I know). HOS are puzzles.

Graphics are nice. I am a fast reader and I will admit that it didn't seem to make much difference when I clicked on "Next"; it still seemed to take its sweet time. I don't care about voiceovers unless they slow down play so the lack of voiceovers in this game made no difference to me.

What is most important to me is my enjoyment of the game. I am having a blast playing this game. It's a winner in my book.

Rating: Four out of five possible kitties:

Thanks, Vogat - and Big Fish!

Happy gaming, fellow fishies!!

janey3315
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by janey3315 on Oct 26, 12 12:04 PM
This game is on the "Catch of the week" for $2.99 and in my opinion, it is well worth that price, so I lucked out. In fact, I would pay the $6.99 to play this game.

The reason I like this game is because it is a challenge and there's not so much hand holding. It is for experienced HOG gamers. I like games that are not ridiculously easy so this is up my alley.

There are sparkles to indicate HO scenes even on expert mode. I do think there should be no sparkles in expert mode but I still loved the game.

The length of the game is quite long. The mini games were very enjoyable because some of them were not so easy and they made you think.

Each time I would find something without using a hint or strategy guide, I felt a sense of accomplishment.

There is no map but that just adds to the challenge because when there is a map that indicates an "objective" that's really the same as a hint...too me anyways...so if there is no map it makes the game harder and it takes longer to finish the game.

So that's my take on this game.
Happy Gaming Fishies

Snaffled
Marlin
Marlin
9,392 Posts

[Post New]by Snaffled on Dec 17, 12 6:20 PM
What a lame game. Scenes are too distressed, trashy. Way too many hidden object scenes and they're all really dirty looking piles of junk. Characters are hokey and the storyline is boring. Uninstalled this one...

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Apr 6, 13 11:45 AM
HOs All The Way

GAME COMPLETED SEVERAL TIMES

How time changes us. This game used to be one of my favourites, but replaying it now, it feels dated and HO heavy.

The story is the usual save the family member from the crazy scientist stuff, with a couple of amusing twists. I have no problem with that, it’s a good story that covers plenty of variation.

The graphics and the game play are the problem.

First of all, the graphics aren’t bad. They’re a little rough around the edges, literally, and occasionally that’s bad enough to make a HO invisible. The game's fairly low definition stuff, and there’s no attempt at anything that could be called ‘art’.

Then there’s the design of the HOs themselves. No effort has been made to give the appearance of relevance to the scenes, or drama or colour. Result: somewhat grungy overly cluttered junk piles with medieval weapons and NASA photos in the same cupboard.

The gameplay was very straightforward. 90% of it was HOs. That’s okay for some, and used to be for me, but for experienced gamers it’s not good news at all. There are dozens of them and each is visited twice. They are slightly interactive.

Barely remember the mini-games, even I found them easy.

One thing I really loved though was the music. Very ominous and science fiction, and only around some of the time so you don't get sick of it.

Do I recommend this game? For the HO fans, certainly. For someone dipping their toes into the HOPA, yes. To anyone else, no, this game is B Grade at best.

I recommend this game!

Mickeycb
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Mickeycb on May 9, 13 5:02 PM
Well aside from the fact that I never fully understood this storyline.....this is simply the game that never ends. When you finally get to a point where you think, phew, enough, it keeps going...it wouldn't be a bad thing if the story line was engaging, or the scenes were gorgeous, but as one reviewer mentioned it looked as though they did their animation and then swept a big coat of sepia color over everything. Did not have fun and wasted some time.

[Post New]by Miniatures1 on Jul 20, 13 4:34 AM
deleting I am tired of doing one HO scene after another

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Jul 26, 13 2:17 AM
Cryssie64 wrote:Based on 30 minutes play.

You know how, sometimes, you start a game and you just know that it's a winner? Well this is just such a game for me. There is just the right level of creepiness for me (my spine tingled as that front door opened! ), it's a creepy theme but not physically a dark game. Objects are, admittedly, junk-piled but they are well hidden, size relevant and look like they're supposed to!

Yes, it's a missing sister, yes, it's a clinical setting, yes, it's a bit 'occulty' and no, I don't know how long it is. But y'know what? I reckon it's well done and for $7, it's a keeper for me!

I agree. Plus the skip button fills quickly enough even for me, although I'd prefer it to be immediate.

I was truly disappointed when the demo was over, and since Vogat is one of my favorite developers, I will definitely keep it in my buy column.

ETA: After purchasing on the Back to School sale and finishing this game, I'll just add that by the time I got to the end, I was thoroughly sick of it. As one reviewer said,
Well aside from the fact that I never fully understood this storyline.....this is simply the game that never ends. When you finally get to a point where you think, phew, enough, it keeps going...it wouldn't be a bad thing if the story line was engaging, or the scenes were gorgeous...
Many, many HOS revisited, much traipsing back and forth, and the strange feeling I was leaving something undone in a previous chapter. I can't explain that. Maybe the storyline jumped too quickly to the final chapter? Dunno.

Edited on 08/18/2013 at 1:13:45 AM PST

Go to: