Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 9, 11 1:49 PM
Sold! I will probably end up downloading the fixes for 'hard' tomorrow too.

goldens
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition

[Post New]by goldens on May 9, 11 3:38 PM
This game was one of the best I have ever played. The production quality was exceptional. Then length was nice and long and the bonus chapter well worth the additional charge. I became quite attatched to my little frog , and found that he provided enough information so that I rarely had to go to the Strategy guide.
I thank the developers for taking the time and care to produce such a high caliber game. It well deserved to be a Collectors Edition.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

Reviews for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bessiegirl on May 9, 11 7:03 PM
This was a terrific game, nice length and a bit of a challenge. I had to use the little froggie hint more than I do in other games. The Bonus game was a real challenge since you really had to think out of the box when determining the use of the inventory items....Again, thanks to the little froggie. Very enjoyable.

[Post New]by skippy_tramp on May 9, 11 9:28 PM
I really like the story, graphic, and the clues it wa quite enjoyable. Waiting for a sequel

NikkiBikki
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by NikkiBikki on May 9, 11 9:57 PM
Loved this game! Very long game and lots of objects to use throughout, not very many hidden object scenes which is good.

You will have to do some writing down of your own as there is no journal as so can be difficult to remember where objects you pick up are to be used as you go through the game if you don't write down what you found along the way.

Would have been good to have a map where you could jump from one place to another as there is a lot of backtracking.

But really fun and interesting game. Give it a 4&1/2 out of 5. Would have given it a 5 but there were a few glitches with some of the mini games and got stuck in one of the hidden objects scenes after doing the demo and then had to start over with a new profile which was a bit annoying.

Edited on 05/09/2011 at 9:58:08 PM PST

birdslisa
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by birdslisa on May 10, 11 12:03 AM
This game is fantastic!! I download games daily and this one is a keeper. The hints are very helpful....almost too helpful. The story and graphics are awesome. The puzzles are very challenging!! I skipped most. But this is the only game I might play twice. I am addicted to Hidden Objects games and I highly recommend this one!!!
I wished there were a map...but if you only glance at your hint it will tell you where to go next. Just dont look at the content of what you are suppose to do when you get there. Loved it....Loved it....Loved it!!! Also liked finding the frogs....I found 53

carolina67
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by carolina67 on May 10, 11 4:51 AM
I can't wait for the "fixes". Ever since I had to quit the game, I've been checking in here hoping for the announcement. This is a terrific game and I'm itching to get back to it!

[Post New]by loveis4 on May 10, 11 8:42 AM
good game till get get what u need

[Post New]by sedatedwoman on May 10, 11 8:54 AM
sheaflyin wrote:Now that my friends is (was) a GAME!!! This game is a must-have and I thank the developers for all the work and effort they put into this one. It's long and has beautiful art work. They might have to start a new category: Super Collector's Edition. Thanks again

AMEN TO THAT! I LOVED IT! BUT I am still waiting for the CE to download....it downloaded fine on May 5th when I did the trial version

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on May 10, 11 12:28 PM

Four out of five. It's a great game, nice and long, good story, clear graphics, the hidden objects aren't too hard to find. The bonus game is good too. And I love the way the little hint frog jumps from his perch then climbs up again.

I do wish there's been a back door from the mansion to the Oak Path area though, my feet were getting tired from going back and forth!

BUT: the reason I'm not giving five thumbs up: the instructions for the puzzles are less than helpful, and after trying to figure out how a couple of them were supposed to work I just skipped them. Now, I test out as very bright, and I've been playing puzzle games a long time, but truly, I just couldn't work out the rules on a couple of these.

If you can stand that, be prepared for several hours of enjoyable gameplay.

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on May 10, 11 12:32 PM
And oh yes: as someone else mentions you don't have a "notebook" in this game, and since it's pretty long and involved that's a drawback. I needed to do a lot of back and forth trying to remember where I'd seen somewhere that I was supposed to use something. But Mr Hint Frog gives very explicit instructions when you really need them.

drbabs
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by drbabs on May 10, 11 12:39 PM
This is one of the best developed games in a long time. I loved the challenge level of the puzzles. I liked going back and forth to find where to use certain objects. I like having less "Hidden Objects" and more puzzles. Unfortunately, the glitches in two of the puzzles, mouse game and last game, made my enjoyment incomplete. I urge the developers to create more games like this one for our further enjoyment. Thanks.

kiedon
Clownfish
Clownfish
552 Posts

[Post New]by kiedon on May 10, 11 6:46 PM
Best game I have played in years. Very long and hard just like I like it. I played in "hard" mode but that way it is more fun for me. The graphics were fantastic and the puzzles were great. I did have to use the SG a few times. Only 2 technical glitches for me that did not stop the game or wreck it. I am sure they will work it out. Lots of different levels of skill that a gamer can play at, so if you are less hardcore than me you can play in easier modes. I also enjoyed the developing story line.

[Post New]by lindahere47 on May 10, 11 6:50 PM
hi l am new to this forum .Ialso have the same problem at the night deposit box l did hit the skip button too so l cant get the cork also l have spent hours going back to see if l missed something HELP PLEASE

[Post New]by carpet5 on May 11, 11 6:54 AM
Best game ive played to date dont mind paying for this ce as it was well worth it

[Post New]by Lordshandmaiden on May 11, 11 7:13 AM
I guess I am in the minority here with this game. I am finding it incredibly tedious. I am also finding myself using the strategy guide way more than with any other game I have played recently. To me, this game does not flow easily, or make much sense when it comes to using or finding objects. Perhaps I am growing weary of HOG games, and need to take a break from them, but I find more and more, it is more about finding obscure objects to use with something else, to use with something else, to find something else.

Jani417
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Jani417 on May 11, 11 3:35 PM
This is absolutely the best game yet. It took a few extra minutes to download, but was well worth the wait. Once I got into the game, it was almost impossible to quit, even though the story had us climbing in and out of windows and running from one end of town to the other.
I highly recommend this game. It is fun, entertaining and makes the player work to figure things out. Great art work and puzzles, with fun extras like the hidden frogs.

mmemubon
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by mmemubon on May 11, 11 6:53 PM
5 stars from me, good and exciting game.

marylou67
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by marylou67 on May 12, 11 3:03 AM
Excellent game. Still waiting on the fix for the bonus game section, (got through the mouse game without tiles turning colour) other than that, really enjoyed it.

Mary Lou

Miridau
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Miridau on May 12, 11 4:53 AM
What a fantastic game!! Played over the last couple of days and just finished the bonus game and read the epilogue. Well worth the money. Not a single glitch or problem. My OS is Windows 7 and everything worked well. Congratulations Elephant Games and BFG .

Go to: