Re:Your Comments and Reviews for: Princess Isabella: Return of the Curse Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Roseyjane on May 23, 11 9:44 PM
Though I think this would probably be a good game for a child, it is a bit too juvenile for an old lady like me. If I had a small granddaughter, I would definitely buy it for her. But, unfortunately, I do not have a granddaughter so I will not be purchasing this game.
Since this game is a little more lighthearted than the usual dark and gloomy games of late, I was hoping that it was a good pair for me. I am growing very tired of the spooky, dark games of late and would like to see developers concentrate more on the adult, lighter side.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

Missing one gold ring. Can't progress

[Post New]by Kelvarda on May 24, 11 5:34 AM
bamabb1 wrote:Hi Fishes, I am missing one of the gold rings for the end. I have gone back through the entire game and can't find it. Each page says It's complete for the area. Can anyone help
please?

Hi bamabb1

Here's a SPOILER for you of the ones you may have missed:

Hallway - Dwarves house - Lift the floor near the lantern. Do the Box Puzzle.
Hidden Room - Bottle Puzzle
And then of course there's the one you have make yourself using the Gold String, and the Two Casting Stones.

The other two you will have collected because the Fairy King gives you one, and the other one is in the piano at the Toy Makers. You have to collect this one or the Puppet won't play

Kel

Mimisix
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for: Princess Isabella: Return of the Curse Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Mimisix on May 24, 11 10:56 AM
Bonus Game? I finished the game but how do I get to the Bonus Game? I went to let it play through to the baby left on the ground and then just got all the credits. I went to Extras, clicked on Bonus and just got the same ending, over and over. What am I doing wrong? Thank you for any help.

weeeesa65
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by weeeesa65 on May 24, 11 11:08 AM
is there a walk through available yet? i am stuck on finding the final 2 mirror pieces to get the water fall going.

[Post New]by 1_spring_chicken on May 24, 11 11:27 AM
This is a very enjoyable game, but the guide is not truly helpful.

[Post New]by geration on May 24, 11 11:32 AM
where are the mirror shards?

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on May 24, 11 1:38 PM
Hi geration!

Here's a helpful tip that Kelvarda posted over in the 'Where is the last mirror shard?' thread:

Kelvarda wrote:SPOILER: Hilite to read

THE MIRROR SHARDS ARE HERE:

#1 The Boards below the Beehive near the Lumberjack
#2 Boards on Big Tree in Centre of Fairy Village
#3 The Crate - Left Hand Side of Screen just after Fairy Village
#4 Crossroads - The cracked tree Right Hand side at bottom

The last 2 pieces are the lenses from the glasses the guard gives you when you wake him up

To view this tip, just click and hold down the left-button on your mouse, and then drag your cursor across the "blank" area above.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

Missing one gold ring. Can't progress

[Post New]by Kelvarda on May 24, 11 2:19 PM
bamabb1 wrote:Hi Fishes, I am missing one of the gold rings for the end. I have gone back through the entire game and can't find it. Each page says It's complete for the area. Can anyone help
please?

Hi bamabb - here is a list of where you get the gold rings. place your cursor next to the icon, hold down your left mouse button and drag over the blank area

SPOILER:

The Fairy king gives you the first one
The 2nd one is on the piano played by the puppet
the 3rd is in the hallway at the Dwarves House, near the lantern on the floor, use lift ability, solve the puzzle box and it's in there.
the fourth is obtained by doing the coloured bottles/liquid puzzle in the hidden room in the Dwarves Library
The fifth and last you make yourself using the gold thread and the two casting stones that you find in the dwarves house

Kel

AListrina
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by AListrina on May 24, 11 2:36 PM
Very interesting game, but whats with the flashes??? This almost needs a ESRB warning. I couldnt play past the first 20 mins of demo..Eplipsy + flashing lights= bad thing.
AListrina

[Post New]by smartvalerie on May 24, 11 2:48 PM
sharoyn2002 wrote:
eirini51 wrote:beautiful graphics as expected. I am however having problems as I cannot find the frog, near the beginning of the game. Eye operation does not help of course.

The strategy guide is pretty useless and really was not worth the price for a "collectors edition". What we really need is a walk through.
I agree, this was my first collectors edition that I have bought and don't think I will spend the money for another one, need a walkthru. can't find what I need to restore the city, jewels, flower, where do I get the potion for the butler? lots of things and the hints just lead you to where something needs to be done

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on May 25, 11 6:28 AM
AListrina wrote:Very interesting game, but whats with the flashes??? This almost needs a ESRB warning. I couldnt play past the first 20 mins of demo..Eplipsy + flashing lights= bad thing.
AListrina

I hope you've been reading the Forum Alistrina, and will now see there is a new version to download which does not have the light flashes in it.

Hope you can enjoy playing this game now

Kel

tomb57
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by tomb57 on May 25, 11 8:57 AM
Very nice game in the series, great graphics and storyline.
The only thing lacking is the built in strategy guide can be confusing, as it is mostly suggestions on what to do next.
I would go into detail here, but if you play this you will find out at some point.
If you missed an item in an area, back tracking can be tedious.
A walkthrough is needed as this is a long game.
Had to go to a competitors website to fine a couple of items listed in their walkthrough.
Other than that I enjoyed the game, and bonus play.

[Post New]by girlswithgames on May 25, 11 10:30 AM
Mimisix wrote:Bonus Game? I finished the game but how do I get to the Bonus Game? I went to let it play through to the baby left on the ground and then just got all the credits. I went to Extras, clicked on Bonus and just got the same ending, over and over. What am I doing wrong? Thank you for any help.

I came here wondering the same thing. Is there even a bonus game? I get the same thing when I click on bonus.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on May 25, 11 10:47 AM
girlswithgames wrote:
Mimisix wrote:Bonus Game? I finished the game but how do I get to the Bonus Game? I went to let it play through to the baby left on the ground and then just got all the credits. I went to Extras, clicked on Bonus and just got the same ending, over and over. What am I doing wrong? Thank you for any help.

I came here wondering the same thing. Is there even a bonus game? I get the same thing when I click on bonus.

The BONUS GAME starts after you use the Rings and the Potions on the Hand. You get a Black screen with a Message: Congratulations You have unlocked the bonus gameplay. Do you want to play now (or something similar)....YES/NO - I clicked on Yes and played this.

If you have done all the Paintings up the tower stairs, and cleansed the mirrors then you have already played the Bonus Game Play

Kel

[Post New]by girlswithgames on May 25, 11 10:59 AM
Ah I must have been click happy when it came to that bc I missed the obvious. LOL.

pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by pgillenw on May 25, 11 10:16 PM
I tried for 60 minutes. Game played well on Win 7. I am sure I will purchase at some point however for now I will put it off. The game is well developed with great colorful graphics. The game to me was a little too kid friendly. I suppose I wasn't in the mood for cute. I am just suffering for a new game of the type such as MCF's, Greenhill Sanatorium or Love Death Bitten. When I play and that is a lot I like mystery, gory and yes I like to be frightened. Wired is good.

[Post New]by sarahbera1218 on May 26, 11 8:21 PM
I had really been looking forward to the sequal to the first Princess Isabella game, but I was actually pretty disappointed in what we got. It was a nice long game, which I definitely liked. But it just ran so slow on my computer that it really hindered my enjoyment. I tried clicking the thing that was supposed to help on slow computers, but it made the game even slower. Many times when I went to use the strategy guide it was no help at all because it was saying I was still on a task I'd already completed, and so it wouldn't show me anything past that task. I got almost to the end and had to restart because the centaur didn't give me the trident and was just gone, so I had no way to move on. And then after all that I get through the game finally and was really rather disappointed in the ending.

SPOILER ALERT

*I mean the princess gets turned to stone?*

I don't know, I just thought it was a bit of a let down at the end. For the most part I did really like the game, but there were just some things that detracted from it and made my enjoyment of it really go down. Kinda sad.

Edited on 06/03/2011 at 9:01:14 AM PST

[Post New]by spikescajunmom on May 27, 11 3:17 PM
Was looking forward to this game since I enjoyed the first one and I play almost all the HOG that come out. Played the demo on Advanced and must say I was a little disappointed in this one. Just like others have mentioned I just couldn't get into playing it. Not thrilled with the graphics, bright flashes of light or somewhat irritating fairy. **** scenes were a little too easy. On the other hand it was sometimes difficult to figure out what to do next - not in a challenging way, but in an annoying way. However those who love HOG should try the demo to decide for themselves.

Carolest
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Carolest on May 28, 11 9:17 AM
When I started the demo, I didn't think I was going to make it thru...did not like it very much, but I persevered...and I'm so glad I did. Yes, it gets tough at times, but I like to strain my brain every now and then, and once I got my head around the gameplay, it was really good.
I will be buying this one, will need to wait till next month though...good news is - only a few days to go....yay.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on May 28, 11 10:52 AM
spikescajunmom wrote:Was looking forward to this game since I enjoyed the first one and I play almost all the HOG that come out. Played the demo on Advanced and must say I was a little disappointed in this one. Just like others have mentioned I just couldn't get into playing it. Not thrilled with the graphics, bright flashes of light or somewhat irritating fairy. **** scenes were a little too easy. On the other hand it was sometimes difficult to figure out what to do next - not in a challenging way, but in an annoying way. However those who love HOG should try the demo to decide for themselves.

Have you just downloaded the NEW version of this game. I am curious because these problems have supposed to have been addressed by the new build

-the white flashes that occurred when a player freed a trapped soul or de-cursed a room have been removed from the game, except from the Fairy City location.

-the strategy guide has been updated to include screenshots of Gem Locations.

-a mute button was added for the Helpers during intro scenes and tutorials.

And I'm wondering why you still had the problems/irritations you mentioned?

Kel

Go to: