Satine40
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Review for Macabre Mysteries: Curse of the Nightingale Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Satine40 on Aug 29, 11 10:28 AM
Wow! fantastic game!!!!! A+++++ for me.... Have not played a game that kept me as interested as this in a long time.... Great job!!!

[Post New]by Chickydoodle on Sep 2, 11 10:05 PM
I absolutely loved this game!!!! It was really spooky...even scared me a couple of times.

I liked that it was more interactive instead of a gazillion hidden object puzzles.

And I absolutely loved the graphics. The rooms! They just kept going and going.

Love, love, loved it.

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Sep 3, 11 2:25 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed this game HOWEVER, I bought it during the CE sale and if I had paid full price for this, I would have felt cheated as the bonus game was basically just a ton of hidden object scenes. I did like that it had an ending, I know it left it for a sequel but for people who just buy the SE, they wont be like WTH happens next? like some games I wont mention. I do have a complaint though. I feel like this type of game is special like when I played Dark Parables for the first time, it had this fragmented style and Blue Tea Games had other games like Enlightenus, among others but this style of game just went with their Dark Parables. Well it seems like a lot of developers are starting to formalize their games against the same style that has done so well for them and yes lots of people will have no issue buying it BUT for me personally, I like to know a developer can make many games that are all different instead of ONE type of game that are all essentially the same. Like ERS for instance, has beautiful games BUT their formula has me bored to tears as its the same style over n over n over n over again. I really like Blue Tea Games and I dont want to become burnt out on them so I feel like this style should be reserved for the Dark Parable games and then this one should have been a different style all around. Like this game even repeats music from Dark Parables, I don't know there are just some developers who come out with different style games all the time, tweaked here and there so you know its still by that said developer but then theres games like this where its basically the same as Dark Parables but with a different story on top of it. The whole time I wanted to see some kind of fairy tale theme or have briar rose back. I don't know, I just really like Blue Tea Games and I don't want to get burnt out on them like I did with ERS games. I can't even trial ERS games anymore, Im so bored with them. & morphing objects used to be a really special thing like it came out once a year and now every game has some sort of hidden something to collect and it just kind of takes the magic out of what made it special to begin with. Like I really love cookies and cream ice cream but if I eat it everyday its going to lose what I love so much about it because it will become boring. Thats how Im starting to feel about A LOT of these kinds of games. Just MY opinion. Happy Gaming.

Edited on 09/03/2011 at 2:30:42 AM PST

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Sep 5, 11 10:45 PM
Is it really true that you have to complete the game and the bonus game to access the bonus content?? (the wallpapers and such)

Wow hope the devs see this because that makes this an instant NO BUY for me. Why would I care about that stuff when I've FINISHED the game?!?!! I want to enjoy it while I play so I can immerse myself in the game environment. Otherwise what's the point? Waste of money then.

If anyone knows for sure I'd love to know... if it's true I guess I'll wait for the SE but I'd really love to give this one a go now.

[Post New]by christabel112 on Sep 12, 11 12:24 PM
[b]This game was pretty *okay*, and that's a fair compliment. It keeps you busy and there's no lags anywhere. It maxes out use of detail, and uses all the screen space for something to search for and do throughout the game. All of the graphics are good and it keeps up your interest throughout. The storyline, though I agree with the one poster that there are discrepancies in timelines and logistics, in general, actually is a bit more followable and interesting than several others I've seen.

What would be nice is to see developers, develop more dimensional games, where there are various endings available according to how the player plays, and games aren't dependent on just variations in how many HOGS there are, or how many puzzles, and then just needing a lot of often times rather *senseless* items and *senseless* ways of opening new levels, etc.

That way the puzzles and HOGS, etc., could be used more sparingly and sensibly, and the player can use more realistic problem solving means on their own part to actually solve the game, as well. Don't know how difficult it would be to achieve something like that...and I guess these are called *casual games*, as well, so maybe that's outside this genre. But it would be fun to see a game where one really had to *discover* the finally only *successful route* by guessing at and choosing from hints beforehand, and yet there is play available at least for some time in the *wrong routes* and until it was obvious that route didn't work.

One a scale of 1-10, I give this game a 7.5. Something was really *missing* here and there in feel, overall, but it was still worth the money, and entertaining and engaging enough.

Thank you developers and Big Fish!

banor
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by banor on Sep 19, 11 6:16 PM
I think this game was gorgeous I have to admit that I lost the story line a little bit maybe because I play more than one game at a time and I was on vacation for a week. REALLY BEAUTIFUL SCENERY

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Sep 24, 11 10:07 AM
Enjoyed this game very much. Kept me thinking and the HOG were unique. Long game, bonus play OK. I didn't sit and play the game all at one time, but came back and forth. Worth the money, but the regular game would probably work since the extra play was OK and the bonus play was there regular stuff like wallpaper etc. Not worth paying the extra for. An A+ game!

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Sep 25, 11 11:09 AM
I agree with Bessiegirl. I too enjoyed the game. I "Liked" it a lot. I played it over the course of two weeks. The bonus for me was short and OK. It does leave you waiting for a sequel. You can't access the bonus content until you have finished the bonus gameplay. I did play the extra puzzles in the bonus. I probably would have waited to get this one as the SE had it not been for the CE sale a while back. Overall, the game is A quality and very beautiful. I did jump a few times.

spenny1
Catfish
Catfish
1,637 Posts

[Post New]by spenny1 on Nov 2, 11 4:50 PM
Sorry, still fairly new to this - FROGS?! Please explain somebody! Thanks

DeeBeth
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by DeeBeth on Nov 9, 11 7:40 PM
Loved Loved Loved this game! It's absolutely gorgeous. The storyline wasn't the best but good enough. The music was excellent. I even downloaded it onto my computer (which I almost never do). Played it through twice and will play again.

Ok, so the bonus game was rather worthless. I won't be playing that part again.

And to answer spenny1 question - FROGS stand for fragmented objects.

LittleFish884
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,181 Posts

[Post New]by LittleFish884 on Nov 27, 11 9:40 PM
This is the type of hidden object game, were you have to find parts of objects then combine those parts together to get a new object, so a little more entertaining than the run of the mill hidden object scene. It also has a number of morphing objects to find. The puzzles are also entertaining, & not too hard. The graphics are beautiful, & come across as crisp, clear on my monitor. The story is also engaging, with few twists & turns.

All in all, a very enjoyable game.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jun 20, 12 6:51 AM

Edited on 06/20/2012 at 6:57:40 AM PST

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on May 27, 13 2:53 PM
I get very annoyed with HOG but LOVE the FROG games (if that's what they are called). And this one is so lovely - graphics are up-to-date and everything is lovely, now if I can find another that I like as well, then can use this weekend's offer.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on May 31, 13 12:34 AM
I bought this because I love FROG however, I gritted my teeth the whole way through. The hint button is rather slow unless you find all the morphing objects. The hint button was a total waste of time. It wants you to drag your inventory objects over to the hint button and it will show you where they go. However the map won't let you jump to the place you want to go, so you have to use the SG every step of the way so you don't get lost. I found it highly annoying and didn't enjoy it at all.

Go to: