Laylasmum
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Re:Post any Grim Tales: The Bride Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Laylasmum on Aug 9, 11 2:55 PM
The game strikes back. Just went to play it and got 'data corrupt'. So both profiles are not there.

bulldog2
Clownfish
Clownfish
608 Posts

Re:Post any Grim Tales: The Bride Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bulldog2 on Aug 9, 11 2:59 PM
I just talked to Live Chat about this game. She said she thinks there is a new update but you have to uninstall and reinstall and start over. I don't like the part where she says "I think" we didn't pay $13.99 to have to hit skip for the picture puzzle in the bedroom in Chapter 3. You do need this puzzle to go on. If you pay this much money everything should work.

FATRC
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by FATRC on Aug 9, 11 9:49 PM
i bought the game without trialing it and i had not problem downloading it downloaded quiet fast for a large file game but about 1/4 into it the whole screen froze i deleted the game and reinstalled to no avail it just went straight back to the place where it froze and stayed there emailed BF and they are looking into it cant afford to buy CE,s and not have them work

[Post New]by peppermintpig on Aug 9, 11 10:29 PM
Not sure if anyone else has had this problem.Was playing up until the part where you enter the scene of the couple fighting. Their is a part where you must slide the parts of her picture so it comes out right.My game completely froze whilst I was trying to solve it.Had to esc to get out of the game. I am reinstalling it and will advise whether is happens again...

[Post New]by peppermintpig on Aug 9, 11 10:32 PM
oops I see it is happening to others so players beware that it might be best just to skip the puzzle rather then deal with the hassle...

nlb47
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by nlb47 on Aug 10, 11 4:12 AM
peppermintpig wrote:oops I see it is happening to others so players beware that it might be best just to skip the puzzle rather then deal with the hassle...

I took the advice of others - after five days of not being able to play the game because it was frozen at the sepia picture - and yes, I could play after restarting it and skipping the puzzle. BUT, the point is, we did not pay the price for a CE so that we had to skip something in order to play it. This is frustrating and very WRONG!

tophen
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by tophen on Aug 10, 11 9:16 AM
got a 8o2 error while installing game.this is after stop and go on down loading.gave me a headache.

Anne3624
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Anne3624 on Aug 10, 11 11:44 AM
glitch with machine in amphitheatre basement! platform does not come down after oiling and placing lever handle

sherrilafkas
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by sherrilafkas on Aug 10, 11 12:41 PM
OK. Three hours and counting for this thing to download. What's going on? Never had this problem before. Is it the new Game Mangager? I'm now afraid to buy CE's. Hmmmmm

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Aug 10, 11 12:49 PM
I too had the freeze up at the panel picture in the bedroom. Never happy to pay CE price for something that, by reading the previous comments, is so clearly is flawed.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 10, 11 1:09 PM
Hello everyone,

We are currently looking into a number of issues reported on the Forums and will post an announcement if there are any updates. If you having troubles downloading the game with the new Game Manager or are continuing to have issues after referring to the Help Pages, please get in touch with Tech Support with a Dr. Felix report so that our reps can assist you with your game. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

sherrilafkas
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by sherrilafkas on Aug 10, 11 1:18 PM
Ok. after waiting four hours for the game to download the stragedy guide does not work and it froze the game. What is going on??????????

[Post New]by minpin58 on Aug 10, 11 2:56 PM
Having trouble in the basement with the lever!

[Post New]by carolbeth_walk on Aug 10, 11 8:31 PM
belamba wrote:
playfulruth wrote:Download of the full version is INCREDIBLY slow - if it goes on like this it will take several hours (which means I'll have to stop it cause I don't have that much time). Probably a matter of this stupid new game manager that was forced on me. I used to be such a happy customer - and now I turn more and more into a very UNHAPPY customer.

PLEASE give the good old game manager back to me, it worked fine, downloads were fast and I was satisfied!!!!!

I go along 100% with your sentiments! Gaming should be fun, and this is becoming tedious, stressful and really totally unnecessary! Why can't we have the old version GM back?? It worked just fine!

I agree! I just hope BFG is listening.

[Post New]by nativealien4535 on Aug 11, 11 3:28 AM
MaryPattySue wrote:No problem downloading at all, took 15 minutes,

My problem is:
I got as far as the sepia photograph in Luisa's room. Once I looked at that in close-up,both the game and my cursor froze. I couldn't back out of the photograph, couldn't get a hint about what to do with the photograph...I couldn't do anything.

So I tried a hard reboot, restarted the computer and then re-entered the game to se if that had fixed it. It hadn't. This time, when I clicked on PLAY, the screen went completely black. A few minutes later, this turned into a "PAUSED--Click to continue" screen. I clicked on it...and went right back to the close-up of the sepia photograph...which, once again, froze

this is such a fun game, I hope there is a fix!

I had the same thing happen to me. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game three times now and finally just give up. I have sent a message into BFG and asked for a refund or credit for another CE game. I get tired of uninstalling and reinstalling a game that isn't going to work. I also complained about the game manager and the amount of time that it is taking to download a new game with it.

dianeted
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by dianeted on Aug 11, 11 7:26 AM
Rhysdux wrote:I got as far as the sepia photograph in Luisa's room. Once I looked at that in close-up,both the game and my cursor froze. I couldn't back out of the photograph, couldn't get a hint about what to do with the photograph...I couldn't do anything.

So I tried a hard reboot, restarted the computer and then re-entered the game to se if that had fixed it. It hadn't. This time, when I clicked on PLAY, the screen went completely black. A few minutes later, this turned into a "PAUSED--Click to continue" screen. I clicked on it...and went right back to the close-up of the sepia photograph...which, once again, froze my computer solid.

The game appears to be unplayable.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 11, 11 10:35 AM
Hello everyone,

A new build is now available for this game. This version fixes the following issues:

- Chapter 2: After oiling the engine the lever can't be pulled and the oil is gone from your inventory

- Rifle (used to subdue the demon) has wrong name in inventory

- Chapter 3: Sepia Puzzle (portrait): Game will hard lock after trying to play this game

If you would like this version, please uninstall and reinstall your game. If you continue to have the same issues, you may want to start over with a new player profile for all changes to take effect.

Still having issues? Please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) so that our reps can help you.

A new tech thread has been posted so that we can make sure we're aware of all new technical issues, so please post any further questions/issues here. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Go to: